*2005: Douche and a Danish* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*2005: Douche and a Danish* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:10 am

__
kfgg

Re: *2005: Douche and a Danish* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:12 am

Ah the Airport Hilton
Stan and Kyle :)
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:42 am

I'll be honest. I really like Heidi & Eric. I hope this lasts.
Stan and Kyle :)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:04 am

It starts out with a fight with Butters v. some girl. Nice scene but will this lead to dating between the two? All the flashing is kind of too much for me. It kind of has lost the joke appeal and has me thinking of people attracted to prepubescent young boys. I saw that German troll and it made me think of Hitler and the bizarre theory he loved young boys.

All the different shirts that Cartman and Heidi wore were funny. There was “Token’s Life Matters” and “Come Together As A School” and the last was “Danishes for Demark”. The cute couple whisperings between them got me to laugh. Who would have thought Cartman would be the best boyfriend? Heidi is just too smart and funny. It was a sad scene for me to see Heidi crushed that her plan to help donate to Demark for Trolltrace didn’t work. The Heidi talking like Cartman and Bebe puking, I loved.

The Garrison standup carried on a while but was all real great. The Mexicans or Muslims looking a like joke got a WoW out of me. I kind of wished that the jokes didn’t stay on women so long but I know Garrison did that on purpose.

The Denmark dance they did was kind of silly and I didn’t like it that much but I could see how doing that around people would be funny and piss people off.

The weird thing was the way Gerald trolled. He would setup a comment that would be a chain reaction. It would have people say something about what was said but others then would attack the ones who didn’t like their posts. With that leading to it continuing and on and of people upset with the last person to comment. This can be somewhat true at blog sites. I can say something real racist and mean and people will say how bad I am but then others will say the support me or find illogic in people’s case against me. All leading to more comments. I have seen like 20 people reply to just one of my posts before and it wasn’t even a top 20 post.

Dildo Shwaggins backstory is kind of like something I would believe would work but that his mother was a midget and father with that giant disease was sad to me. I feel bad for him but that must have been a real big dick his father had in Shwaggins or aka Dick’s mother’s midget pussy. Maybe how he got the name Dick?

The Randy reveal was cool with the Star Wars jokes of Force Awakens being a reboot. The Roman stuff I loved. It was invaders and stagnation and people not wanting Roman control I think, that lead to their failing. More history lessons would be amazing.

So, will it be JJ Abrams that is behind it all? I don’t like him much and because of that I don’t want to see his face. I’d like to just see him die and there is someone or something else behind member berries.

The Lego’s and ISIS connection was dumb. I didn’t like that. I still love Lego’s. I guess it was a tough thing to think of though for the joke. I think just having the group say real mean things would have been a better trolling. That could have just bullied Denmark offline.

I don’t see how Heidi will be able to find Skankhunt. I don’t think there is any clues, so I guess it’s to wait to next time. There is that if off social media you go to the park and hang out with others like you.
What seems to be the officer problem?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:42 am

9.3/10
So much awesomeness all around and perhaps even a chance for Heidi to reach legendary status by taking down Gerald and his asshole troll clan? Sign me up for that! I love how close Cartman and Heidi have become. I don't care that it's so obnoxiously over the top and made Annie faint and Bebe puke, I think the two of them having a relationship well beyond this season would make this show even more awesome! I have to agree with Cartman, Heidi is both very smart and really funny and I look forward to seeing her kick Gerald and all of his putrid troll buddies asses with Cartman, the other kids and the Danish next week! Also, Red finally spoke, yay! Garrison, Randy, Stephen and the other men in town taking on JJ Abrams and the Member Berries should be a pretty nice show too, it's about time they knocked some sense into the American public! Overall, this was one hell of a thrill ride, can't wait to see part 2 next week!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:44 am

OK, this one was fairly boring compared to the other episodes of the season. The only party I really liked was the speech Randy gave to garrison, because it is a very accurate depiction of reality, both of the present and of the past. Around the end of the first century before Christ the Romans started bitching about how better it was in the past and that bitching lasted for more than a century and only stopped when the values of the Republica were so far from the present that even just remembering about them made no sense. Sorry for the history lesson, but it was a part of my studues at university, so I couldn't help it. :)

And I also liked that in order to ruin his campaign garrison had to do like his alter ego trump: be an assh*le to women. Which is most likely what is going to cost trump the presidency.

Other than those two scenes, basically nothing interesting (at least not to me) happened in this episode. So although I don't like giving low votes, this is a 5/10 for me. Not a horrible episode, but no laughs (except the girl fainting and bebe puking), no suspense, no strong emotions. We'll see next episode what is the great idea by Heidi, hoping it's better than "danishes for Denmark" which was pretty lame. The whole idea of a connection between Isis and Denmark wasn't that brilliant either, kind of expected. But I can smell some twist so we'll see where the whole thing is going.
Last edited by mario88 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
He is the record!
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:48 am

It wasn't the best ep this season.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:27 am

Lots of setup this week. Randy is really on the ball this season. It's been a looonng time since he's been the sensible one in town.

They are so right at where people are deciding to end their support for Trump. The line one has to cross does not seem lower than the lowest things said in the campaign.
The reason is because everyone has women in their lives. But not everyone knows people who are Muslim or Hispanic or Black or Transgender or whatever the case may be. When people don't know other people who fall into one of those "other" categories, it's way easier to accept crazy sh*t that gets said about them.

Muslim ban? I don't know any Muslims, so great idea, Trump! Mexicans are sending rapists? Yeah probably; I don't know any but that sounds like it could be true. Wait a minute, what did you say about women? Hey not cool, man, my wife is a woman! That's a little too close to home. I'm out.

Some people have a difficult time with empathy if they do not have any experience with a similar situation. So that political rally/comedy club scene was insanely brilliant. The guys once again found a way to articulate a complicated point and still managed to keep it funny. That was awesome.

Garrison learning about member berries and tying the pop culture nostalgia in with the political nostalgia is just explaining what should've been obvious in the season premiere, so nothing major happening there. JJ Abrams as the potential main bad guy for the season? Not bad, but I feel like there needs to be one more element added to make it feel a little more sinister; raise the stakes. Maybe when they dovetail the girls vs. boys storyline in with the member berries storyline that will deliver. I assume that's the plan.

Some great visual jokes sprinkled throughout. The guy in the mob with the chainsaw and briefly struggling to get it started made me laugh. And as others have noted, Bebe barfing at Cartman & Heidi's revolting display of cutesy public affection. The back of Fatass's Danishes for Denmark shirt which says "and Token's life still matters". Nice touches.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Randomix

Postby Randomix » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:24 am

I wasn’t allowed to watch South Park growing up, even while attending South Park Elementary. The show has grown into something bigger, as have I now that I’m able to enjoy the satire.

Here’s my skeptical fan-based theory:

Only Trolls log onto TrollTrace.com to see if they’re on there (if you’re not a troll, why care?)
Once logged on you’re in the database unless you send an e-mail asking to be removed from it
Upon sending an e-mail to the company-- TrollTrace now has your IP address and may commence the reverse-finagling

I hope it works out for Cartman and his new squeeze. We all deserve better except for him because he found what he was looking for--what an awe-inspiring cartoon! Cartmen has always been a wild card; let’s see if he colonizes mars by Heidi’s side at this season’s end (wouldn’t that be something?)

My biggest takeaway:
Don’t be a SkankHunt42

TrollTrace is a good idea in practice. I’ve said things I didn’t mean/expressed myself poorly before, only to learn from others in the process. If everyone were held more accountable, maybe small kindling wouldn’t turn into a bonfire, but rather something we could build with each other. I almost feel bad for Gerald; except his white lies are now just lies, and he’s no longer organically growing with the show. He’s trapped himself in a hole yet still digging. Here I’m on a forum, which is his addiction, so I’m equally a hypocrite. In many ways we can relate with his character, allowing a more plausible distance from ourselves; how else can we be good unless knowing how to act?

The Trump VS. Hillary campaign is well covered. Trump has a very low chance of winning by my estimate, since he’s degraded a fair majority of minorities, and minorities are the biggest coalition on this planet.
Is Donald digging a proposed tunnel under his hypothetical wall, one leading to his real estates? It’d be the only semi-realistic way he could afford to build a wall in the first place. I’m happy with either Clinton or Trump as our next president, and I love that this show is malleable so as to allow current events to keep transpiring. Except those memberberries really take me back . . .

I’ll sit and read further forum posters now :unhoodedkenny:
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:03 am

You, guys, are really good at trolling us. That's putting it mildly. Because if this entire season is not one giant trollercoaster, then I don't know what a trollercoaster is. The only problem is not everyone realizes they are being trolled. So the new Star Wars movie was crappy and overrated. Okay, I get it! I got it the first time you mentioned JJ Abrams. Why not just leave it behind and move on instead of dragging it out for 10 episodes by throwing the presidential race into the mix and making every single character on the show suddenly act OOC? It's like "The China Problem" all over again. Why the fuck is Star Wars so important to you?! George Lucas used to be the one raping a stormtrooper or two in broad daylight, but now this honorable mission has been passed down to JJ Abrams and other servants of the Mouse. So what? Someone has to rape stormtroopers on a regular basis as long as the public is willing to pay for it. That's the way of the Jedi.
Last edited by VACOOLA on Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:55 am

i've watched the episode again, so i'll add a couple of remarks.

even though it is arguably the silliest song ever written (like, EVER), i still would like to know the lyrics to the Danish tune they sing around minute 4. it's somehow catchy and perfect to sing while you shower.

it's funny to see how amusing it is to gerald trolling people, much more than he would admit to himself. now i wonder if he actually only does that for the lulz or what.

are vhs recorders still to be found? :mrgreen:
He is the record!
Ratchet1996

Postby Ratchet1996 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:41 pm

Well, possibly my favourite episode of the season :D To me the episode was definitely a funnier one, especially since "Skank HUnt" and "The Damned" contained so many serious undertones.

I especially liked Garrison's plot this week. Big improvement over 20x03 where it was perhaps the most boring plot in the episode. I liked how he wanted to throw the election by insulting women and event there he went too far. Plus I LOL'd when I realized he escaped from Washington to South Park, possibly on foot as we did not see him in a car or something and yet the same angry mob was chasing him :D Also I loved the school scene and Butter's innocent reply when Garrison was already being dragged out of the door.

The Boy's plot was decent this week, and finally we got an original song this year :) I liked how Butters is now the leader of the boys, he really did evolve this season from being just a pusharound. Also, I wrote this already on some other forum, but I get a strange feeling like Cartman's and Butters' personalities were swapped this season, and so far Eric is innocent victim (in Skank Hunt) and Butters is a bit of a bully, even to Kyle last week. Cartman and Heidi irritated me a bit, however i do "support" their relationship. Howeve I liked how some people puked when they saw their happines. It's like a sign to the fans that Matt and Trey know that Cartman's and Heidi's love is (Purposely) sometimes exaggerated (Like soap opera exagerrated :D )

Less of Gerald this week, which is a good think as Matt and Trey probably still need to finish their plans for this character, so they can't constantly push the plot forward. I wouldn't mind an episode completely unrelated to the main plot and just with the boys doing something crazy, like "Naughty Ninjas" o r" You're Not Yelping" were compared to, say "Stunning and Brave", "City Part of Town" or the Ads Trilogy. I liked Dildo Schwaggin's backstory though :) and I am obviously waiting to see what the Danish will do now/

Well, we're halfway through the season now (already :( ) and so far it's been truly fantastic, even better than the previous one. I think it has the potential to be in my top 5. So far the weakest episode for me was "The Damned" which i ranked on most websites around 7/10, which is still a good result. So i am happy with the season and hope for its closing half being even better than the opening one :)
bprado

Postby bprado » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:48 pm

After this episode, I´m convinced of a few things:

-not only is Cartman not offline like he wants people to believe (he was genuinely surprised by the trolling of Denmark, like someone who´s usually up to date with the news and misses something), he´s most likely behind the events of the last two seasons (unless the creators want to state something that I just can´t accept, he has been "having the cake and eating it too" for far too long, while always finding a way to remove himself from the 'list of suspects" [fight with PC Principal/being forced offline] );
-Gerald just explained how Cartman is toying with everyone to achieve the things he wants;
-Cartman is using Heidi the same way (keeps stressing she´s smart and funny to get a reaction out of both sides of the possible argument);
-J.J. Abrams either works for or is an Ad;
-the creators believe (accurately) that mob mentality is defined by the lowest common denominator (Mr. Garrison, Butters).
CharonDynami

Postby CharonDynami » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:10 pm

bprado wrote:After this episode, I´m convinced of a few things:

-not only is Cartman not offline like he wants people to believe (he was genuinely surprised by the trolling of Denmark, like someone who´s usually up to date with the news and misses something), he´s most likely behind the events of the last two seasons (unless the creators want to state something that I just can´t accept, he has been "having the cake and eating it too" for far too long, while always finding a way to remove himself from the 'list of suspects" [fight with PC Principal/being forced offline] );
-Gerald just explained how Cartman is toying with everyone to achieve the things he wants;
-Cartman is using Heidi the same way (keeps stressing she´s smart and funny to get a reaction out of both sides of the possible argument);
-the creators believe (accurately) that mob mentality is defined by the lowest common denominator (Mr. Garrison, Butters).
I didn't really think of Cartman just pretending to be offline. But I do see the possibility that Cartman is setting Heidi up. He does seem to be building her up which would make the fall even worse. I thought the other trolls might also be setting up Gerald to take all the heat and shield themselves but they seem genuine in their efforts and friendship. I wanted to know what the WoW guys troll name is though.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:57 am

CharonDynami wrote:
bprado wrote:After this episode, I´m convinced of a few things:

I didn't really think of Cartman just pretending to be offline. But I do see the possibility that Cartman is setting Heidi up. He does seem to be building her up which would make the fall even worse. I thought the other trolls might also be setting up Gerald to take all the heat and shield themselves but they seem genuine in their efforts and friendship. I wanted to know what the WoW guys troll name is though.
I don’t see what evidence there is to say Cartman is online. He did get his ass kicked by PCP, so I don’t think someone would do that on purpose.

I think Cartman will be crushed when Heidi breaks up with him over too many member berries or it will be that it is revealed he is only after looking at her vagina all the time, which could be much more than reported so far. Terraforming Mars is busy work you know! It takes the five second rule!

Where does Gerald talk about Cartman in this episode? Are you talking about Lego’s and ISIS?

Cartman could be using Heidi, their relationship with the last episode is so stereotypical of a high school aged first dating and first sexual experience with teenagers. I would say all kids in the teen are faking love both boys and girls, just to have some sex. It is a perversion of America that needs fixing.

JJ Abrams should just die as he is not making any movies that are going to be anything any good. So, who gives a sh*t about someone who is making crappy movies rate now? There is a Puppet Master behind the member berries and I say it isn’t a has been like Abrams.

Butters in the past has been a low lever character with others but recently has been more of an authority over others and their views. Garrison has his ups and downs, more with grownups he was not accepted as an equal but has had his share of leading of all.

I don’t think Cartman is building up Heidi for a fall. He is in a stereotypical teenage first dating relationship that some on here may not be able to relate to or see as they haven’t dated ever.

The other trolls all met before Gerald was told and so that is weird if Gerald is the best, I agree with this. Still they all needed Gerald’s help to troll Denmark yet Dildo knows Gerald’s style and knew how to find him which hasn’t been revealed. Could be Ad’s or better yet, something new.
What seems to be the officer problem?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”