*2007: Oh, Jeez* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPup

Re: *2007: The Very First Gentleman* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby JamesPup » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:59 pm

The preview clip points to Hillary winning the election which it looks like she will but still you never know. Also PCP is saying Bill is the president which is a joke people have used as to say that Hillary is just Bill's puppet and have Hillary is like having Bill again or Obama.

I hope Bill has been redone some to look more like his current self. I wonder what Bill will really do if Hillary wins? Will he be on the golf course all the time or what?
What seems to be the officer problem?
mario88

Postby mario88 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:43 pm

it would be awesome if Comedy Central aired the "Douche and Turd" episode right before the new one. :mrgreen:
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:21 am

The Very First Grade School Teacher.

Amexit. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:34 am

This is going to be interesting...the title of the episode insinuates that they assume Clinton was going to win the election...yet...that didn't happen...

Last minute change or cancellation?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *2007* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:12 am

As you can see ^^^, a new title will have to come up and they're working hard to turn this episode around.

Gone is the story arc with Skankhunt42 helping the new Turd Sandwich administration defeat Trolltrace - now they've gotta make a new arc for him. Maybe they'll just focus on PC Principal reconciling the boys and girls.

JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Big-Will wrote:As you can see ^^^, a new title will have to come up and they're working hard to turn this episode around.

Gone is the story arc with Skankhunt42 helping the new Turd Sandwich administration defeat Trolltrace - now they've gotta make a new arc for him. Maybe they'll just focus on PC Principal reconciling the boys and girls.
There's gotta be some sort of closure to Skankhunt42, they aren't going to just pretend it never happened. Yea I noticed, they changed the topic title and they also yanked the preview and haven't put up a new one yet. Can't wait!
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:54 pm

I've always assumed that Crunchy's is the PC frat's hangout bar, and Skeeter's Wine Bar is where all the cis white people drink and that they'd rather drink at Skeeter's instead of at Crunchy's because they fear an encounter with the PC frat after an accidental offhand remark. Plus, most of the townsfolk are already well-acquainted with Skeeter considering he's one of the prominent characters around town.
All totally true, I guess I just question why we needed to gentrify Skeeter's Bar to look like a PC bar when we had Crunchy's filling the same role, especially since the latter's not really shown up since the former came back. Still, I don't want Skeeter's Bar to disappear and it's sure nice to see him tending it himself now. Hope we see old Barkeep once in a while further.
I hope Bill has been redone some to look more like his current self. I wonder what Bill will really do if Hillary wins? Will he be on the golf course all the time or what?
He got a hideous re-design in "Sexual Healing" -- I'm usually more akin to keep appearances consistent but I wouldn't mind a new look for Bill.
This is going to be interesting...the title of the episode insinuates that they assume Clinton was going to win the election...yet...that didn't happen...

Last minute change or cancellation?
I think based on last week's cliffhanger and the promo images, that this episode is formatted to deal with the election itself in-universe more so than the aftermath of reality. I think Gerald is being recruited to save Hillary's campaign before the election ends, and Bill is just a special guest. It looks salvageable to me, whereas "About Last Night..." or "Obama Wins!" would've both needed a commentary if Obama hadn't won.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:01 pm

I feel bad not only for this once proud nation but for everybody at South Park who were probably all ready with an episode and poof, working at the last minute. Unless they had a backup plan (I have to guess they did, they did before in similar situations) That said I highly doubt they wanted to have to go in and use it. I hope this episode gives them something to be proud of for years to come. The ability for them to look back in the future and be happy with the outcome of one on such a short notice.
Stan and Kyle :)
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:02 pm

Didn't see the edited title and press release. Yikes.

My recommendation - Garrison wins but resigns and lets Caitlyn Jenner become President. Move Gerald's action to before the election if possible, or have him be exposed and have it sink Turd Sandwich as well as himself. Focus on the boys and girls for now, as they sorely need it and the material exists. Could have Bill be bummed out or something, instead of whatever they planned before, or replace him with another character.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:52 pm

For those who watched Trumps acceptance speech he had his ten year old son Barron on stage with him but he was on the TV screen during the whole speech. He was so tired he could barely stand. I think adding Barron in the show would be funny for at least a scene to highlight the iconic moment Trump won the presidency.
What seems to be the officer problem?
mario88

Postby mario88 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Whatever they come up with, I just hope it doesn't look rushed.
He is the record!
zzyzx 2

Re: *2007: Oh, Jeez* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:44 pm

zzyzx 2 from the 'Election Day' thread wrote:
JamesPup from the 'Election Day' thread wrote:I think the episode tomorrow will need some editing if Trump wins. It seemed Matt and Trey were expecting a Clinton win. Can you imagine next season with Garrison and Jenner in the White House?
I'm sure that M&T did, as tomorrow's episode is "The Very First Gentleman." But this is South Park. Season 20 will still come to an end by episode 10, and Season 21 won't have anything to do with this, no matter who wins in the next few hours. For all we know, the episode that we'll see on Wednesday would have been totally rewritten in less than a day. Or, how about this: perhaps two scripts and animation were being actively being worked on to account for whomever wins the election :cartmanhappy:
So I wonder if "Oh, Jeez" is a back-up plan that M&T always had, a la the two scripts prepared 8 years ago in "About Last Night," or if indeed "Oh, Jeez" was written on the fly in just a few hours. Example: Hillary Clinton did not speak last night because she only wrote one speech - an acceptance speech. And she was ready to give it at 8:30 pm PST. But at 8:30 PST she hadn't beaten Donald Trump, not even once, in the electoral college all night.

So I wonder if two scripts were always planned on the contingency that Trump would win the election, or whether this script was written on the fly. Wednesday's episode entitled "Oh, Jeez," is a must see.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:19 pm

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:31 pm

zzyzx 2 wrote:So I wonder if "Oh, Jeez" is a back-up plan that M&T always had, a la the two scripts prepared 8 years ago in "About Last Night..."
They only had ONE script prepared for that one.

During the writers' retreat before the fall run began 8 years ago, they discussed making two versions of "About Last Night..." but only made the one favoring Obama. They would have provided commentary explaining why they did this or that with Obama in mind if McCain had won.

nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”