It's been nearly a decade (10 years) since South Park had an episode focused on Bebe as a prominent character

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

SkankusHuntimusXLII

Re: It's been nearly a decade (10 years) since South Park had an episode focused on Bebe as a prominent character

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:06 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
SkankusHuntimusXLII wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:
It's like the whole plot's become a guessing game as to who is the specific antagonist of Season 20. Either it's Gerald Broflovski, Member Berries or Denmark (TrollTrace.com). And while part of the plot required Hillary to hand Gerald and the rest of his Internet troll buddies over to Denmark in return for Denmark not going through with the plan to start up TrollTrace.com to reveal everyone's entire Internet history, like what happened to Fort Collins, only this time is what may happen to South Park and everywhere else. TrollTrace.com is probably Denmark's way of revenge for Freja Ollegard's suicide via jumping off the building. I think somebody might've literally physically pushed Freja off, so Freja actually died of murder.
I never tought of that but that could totally be true, maybe Freja was murdered. And I was really surprised when I realised Gerald being sent as a spy was just a trick. I think it was a really good plotwist and I lost it when they got Rick rolled :D Also I agree with you on that it's a guessing game on who is the antagonist. Wich I feel is abit of a shame. There is so many other possible antagonists than Gerald Member Berries and Denmark in a season.
Freja being pushed off the building (many assumed that Freja committed suicide, but she actually hesitated to go with it) indicated that some other guy who pushed her off just so he can go through with TrollTrace.com like he's planning to. Thankfully the gender wars angle is never happening, and the cameo appearances from Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby probably helped patch things up between the boys and girls at South Park Elementary School, especially Butters, who was the biggest jerk until Members Only (the latest episode of Season 20) when he had a change of heart, so now he joins Cartman + Heidi on the trip to Mars to escape social media when TrollTrace.com decides that South Park's entire Internet history and everywhere else around the world will have their's revealed too.

I'm thinking Bebe would've gotten her fair share of screen time as a major character if the gender wars angle happened to go full-tilt in a cold blood feud.
I wonder if the the boys and girls will get together again. Stan has had a crush on Wendy for longer than I have been alive.
If my spelling/grammar/overall writing sucked. I'm sorry but english is not my native language.
FilipoSooa

Re: It's been nearly a decade (10 years) since South Park had an episode focused on Bebe as a prominent character

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:13 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
I never tought of that but that could totally be true, maybe Freja was murdered. And I was really surprised when I realised Gerald being sent as a spy was just a trick. I think it was a really good plotwist and I lost it when they got Rick rolled :D Also I agree with you on that it's a guessing game on who is the antagonist. Wich I feel is abit of a shame. There is so many other possible antagonists than Gerald Member Berries and Denmark in a season.
Freja being pushed off the building (many assumed that Freja committed suicide, but she actually hesitated to go with it) indicated that some other guy who pushed her off just so he can go through with TrollTrace.com like he's planning to. Thankfully the gender wars angle is never happening, and the cameo appearances from Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby probably helped patch things up between the boys and girls at South Park Elementary School, especially Butters, who was the biggest jerk until Members Only (the latest episode of Season 20) when he had a change of heart, so now he joins Cartman + Heidi on the trip to Mars to escape social media when TrollTrace.com decides that South Park's entire Internet history and everywhere else around the world will have their's revealed too.

I'm thinking Bebe would've gotten her fair share of screen time as a major character if the gender wars angle happened to go full-tilt in a cold blood feud.
I wonder if the the boys and girls will get together again. Stan has had a crush on Wendy for longer than I have been alive.
Cartman already has Heidi Turner. Kyle used to have Bebe for a short time, before she went out with Clyde, only to realize that Bebe has rocky relations with the males. I think Wendy has better relations with all the guys, except for Eric Cartman, whom she hates with a passion. Bear in mind that Kyle hates him with a passion just as much as Wendy often does and Token occasionally does.

We knew Bebe tampered with the girls' list by stunting Kyle down to the very bottom of the list out of revenge over her failed relationship with Kyle all the way back to the Season 2 (1998-99) episode Clubhouses, where she actually liked his a** and Wendy dared Kyle to kiss Bebe on the lips. Bebe does kiss him alright, but Kyle got all scared, so that's why she broke off with him for Clyde.

Bebe's also proven to be just as selfish as Eric Cartman, maybe that's why I think they work well for each other. The real Eric Cartman would never go with Heidi Turner.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:27 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:

Cartman already has Heidi Turner. Kyle used to have Bebe for a short time, before she went out with Clyde, only to realize that Bebe has rocky relations with the males. I think Wendy has better relations with all the guys, except for Eric Cartman, whom she hates with a passion. Bear in mind that Kyle hates him with a passion just as much as Wendy often does and Token occasionally does.

We knew Bebe tampered with the girls' list by stunting Kyle down to the very bottom of the list out of revenge over her failed relationship with Kyle all the way back to the Season 2 (1998-99) episode Clubhouses, where she actually liked his a** and Wendy dared Kyle to kiss Bebe on the lips. Bebe does kiss him alright, but Kyle got all scared, so that's why she broke off with him for Clyde.

Bebe's also proven to be just as selfish as Eric Cartman, maybe that's why I think they work well for each other. The real Eric Cartman would never go with Heidi Turner.
Kyle had Bebe? well I have completely forgot about that. I have watched trough all the episodes about 3-4 times but it was a while ago now. I have recently started with watching them from the beggining again tough.Didn't Kenny have a redneck gf? I cant remember what episode and it was a while ago I saw it. There was the Jonas brothers and purity rings I believe. And Butters still is together with the canadian girl right?
If my spelling/grammar/overall writing sucked. I'm sorry but english is not my native language.
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:36 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:

Kyle had Bebe? well I have completely forgot about that. I have watched trough all the episodes about 3-4 times but it was a while ago now. I have recently started with watching them from the beggining again tough.Didn't Kenny have a redneck gf? I cant remember what episode and it was a while ago I saw it. There was the Jonas brothers and purity rings I believe. And Butters still is together with the canadian girl right?
The redneck girlfriend that Kenny had in The Ring is named Tammy Warner, and the Canadian girlfriend that Butters had was Charlotte.

Stan/Wendy are mostly on-and-off, but they're still a good fit for each other. I don't know if Bebe's ever had a long-term relationship IMHO, but she was using Clyde as stated on The List for free shoes, and she either could've been left with Kyle or Cartman. The old Cartman would never go with Heidi Turner, like I said, and he probably would've been a better match for Bebe. One time you see those two on good terms together is Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society, where after weeks of no school due to Ms. Diane Choksondik's death, Bebe suddenly grew a pair of b**bs and all the boys were wanting to have her. The Boys (at the time composed of Cartman, Stan, Kyle and Tweek) even contemplated kicking one of their own out to make room for Bebe. So for a short time, the Boys' gang was Kyle, Stan, Tweek and Bebe. Cartman was seen playing with his dolls with Bebe in his basement. I don't see Kyle being in a relationship because of his family's heritage and strict morality thanks to his mother Sheila and his father Gerald.

And on a personal note, I probably think Season 20 is low in quality because Trey Parker and Matt Stone have to also work on South Park:The Fractured But Whole modern day sequel to the Stick of Truth, along with having to juggle the responsibilites on the 2016 U.S. Election expecting Hillary to win, which she didn't.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:55 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:

The redneck girlfriend that Kenny had in The Ring is named Tammy Warner, and the Canadian girlfriend that Butters had was Charlotte.

Stan/Wendy are mostly on-and-off, but they're still a good fit for each other. I don't know if Bebe's ever had a long-term relationship IMHO, but she was using Clyde as stated on The List for free shoes, and she either could've been left with Kyle or Cartman. The old Cartman would never go with Heidi Turner, like I said, and he probably would've been a better match for Bebe. One time you see those two on good terms together is Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society, where after weeks of no school due to Ms. Diane Choksondik's death, Bebe suddenly grew a pair of b**bs and all the boys were wanting to have her. The Boys (at the time composed of Cartman, Stan, Kyle and Tweek) even contemplated kicking one of their own out to make room for Bebe. So for a short time, the Boys' gang was Kyle, Stan, Tweek and Bebe. Cartman was seen playing with his dolls with Bebe in his basement. I don't see Kyle being in a relationship because of his family's heritage and strict morality thanks to his mother Sheila and his father Gerald.

And on a personal note, I probably think Season 20 is low in quality because Trey Parker and Matt Stone have to also work on South Park:The Fractured But Whole modern day sequel to the Stick of Truth, along with having to juggle the responsibilites on the 2016 U.S. Election expecting Hillary to win, which she didn't.
Bebe's boobs destroy society Is one of my favorite episodes. Arta! arta! I really hope they Make an episode in the future focusing on Bebe again. We need a sort of selfish girl aswell I think. We alredy got Cartman to represent the boys. Alltough Cartman is far beyond selfish. Like when he wore the kidney blocker 2000 when Kyle was dying and Cartman was the only one with a compatible blood type to give a transplant to Kyle.

And I am so excited for the fractured but whole! The stick of truth got 97% on Steam and still has a good amount of players despite being a single player game with about 15ish hours of playtime for a campaing. The stick of truth is by far the best movie/series licensed game ever made in my opinion. And I couldn't have asked more from it. It was not just hilarious, it was actually really good.
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:14 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:

Bebe's boobs destroy society Is one of my favorite episodes. Arta! arta! I really hope they Make an episode in the future focusing on Bebe again. We need a sort of selfish girl aswell I think. We alredy got Cartman to represent the boys. Alltough Cartman is far beyond selfish. Like when he wore the kidney blocker 2000 when Kyle was dying and Cartman was the only one with a compatible blood type to give a transplant to Kyle.

And I am so excited for the Fractured But Whole! The Stick of Truth got 97% on Steam and still has a good amount of players despite being a single player game with about 15ish hours of playtime for a campaing. The stick of truth is by far the best movie/series licensed game ever made in my opinion. And I couldn't have asked more from it. It was not just hilarious, it was actually really good.
Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society is the only Bebe-centric episode that puts Bebe in a positive light, compared to Stupid Spoiled Wh*re Video Playset (2004) and The List (2007) whenever her selfishness kicks in.

And the very first South Park game was South Park 64, when South Park had a meteoric rise to popularity in the early seasons. South Park 64 on the Nintendo 64 saw the game in 3D, and the main characters in 1P Mode were Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny, with Alien, Ike, Mr. Mackey, Wendy, Big Gay Al, Officer Barbrady, Liane Cartman, Terrance, Chef, Phillip, Uncle Jimbo, Ned, Pip, Dr. Mephisto, Mr. Garrison and Starvin Marvin as the multiplayer-only characters. Unplayable cameos included Mr. Hankey and Ms. Crabtree. Absent from SP64 were Bebe, Butters, Clyde, Craig, Randy, Red, Sheila, Token and Tweek, likely because Butters, Clyde, Craig, Randy, Red, Token and Tweek were background characters when South Park 64 came out in 1998, sometime between Season 1 and Season 2, but the game was based on Season 1, and Bebe became more notable in Season 2 while Sheila's most prominent role was as a chief antagonist in South Park:Bigger, Longer, Uncut the movie in 1999 right in the middle of Season 3 (1999-2000).

Butters wasn't prominent until Season 3, but he actually was upgraded to major character in Season 5/Season 6 (2001/2002) with Kenny's semi-permadeath. Tweek ended up being more like Pip, Randy was another one who had his role upgraded with Kenny's semi-death, Craig wasn't notable until 1999, and Token became a key character by Season 4 (mid-to-late 2000).

For me, I just like full-3D games, and I know you like the classic 2.5 dimensional games. In the late 1990s/early-to-mid-2000s, full-3D games looked like it was gonna be in our future, but the video gaming industry went back to 2D/2.5D for nostalgic purposes.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:24 am

FilipoSooa wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:

And I am so excited for the Fractured But Whole! The Stick of Truth got 97% on Steam and still has a good amount of players despite being a single player game with about 15ish hours of playtime for a campaing. The stick of truth is by far the best movie/series licensed game ever made in my opinion. And I couldn't have asked more from it. It was not just hilarious, it was actually really good.
Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society is the only Bebe-centric episode that puts Bebe in a positive light, compared to Stupid Spoiled Wh*re Video Playset (2004) and The List (2007) whenever her selfishness kicks in.

And the very first South Park game was South Park 64, when South Park had a meteoric rise to popularity in the early seasons. South Park 64 on the Nintendo 64 saw the game in 3D, and the main characters in 1P Mode were Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny, with Alien, Ike, Mr. Mackey, Wendy, Big Gay Al, Officer Barbrady, Liane Cartman, Terrance, Chef, Phillip, Uncle Jimbo, Ned, Pip, Dr. Mephisto, Mr. Garrison and Starvin Marvin as the multiplayer-only characters. Unplayable cameos included Mr. Hankey and Ms. Crabtree. Absent from SP64 were Bebe, Butters, Clyde, Craig, Randy, Red, Sheila, Token and Tweek, likely because Butters, Clyde, Craig, Randy, Red, Token and Tweek were background characters when South Park 64 came out in 1998, sometime between Season 1 and Season 2, but the game was based on Season 1, and Bebe became more notable in Season 2 while Sheila's most prominent role was as a chief antagonist in South Park:Bigger, Longer, Uncut the movie in 1999 right in the middle of Season 3 (1999-2000).

Butters wasn't prominent until Season 3, but he actually was upgraded to major character in Season 5/Season 6 (2001/2002) with Kenny's semi-permadeath. Tweek ended up being more like Pip, Randy was another one who had his role upgraded with Kenny's semi-death, Craig wasn't notable until 1999, and Token became a key character by Season 4 (mid-to-late 2000).

For me, I just like full-3D games, and I know you like the classic 2.5 dimensional games. In the late 1990s/early-to-mid-2000s, full-3D games looked like it was gonna be in our future, but the video gaming industry went back to 2D/2.5D for nostalgic purposes.
The fractured but whole will have more movement based combat. I guess it's still sort of 2D but you can move in all directions including towards yourself wich you usually cant in 2D games where its usualy left right and up you can move. Now I actually didn't know about South Park 64, I will need to look that up and pherhaps try and aquire a copy, ty for telling me :)
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:57 am

FilipoSooa wrote:

The fractured but whole will have more movement based combat. I guess it's still sort of 2D but you can move in all directions including towards yourself wich you usually cant in 2D games where its usualy left right and up you can move. Now I actually didn't know about South Park 64, I will need to look that up and pherhaps try and aquire a copy, ty for telling me :)
Yeah, it's been years since the likes of Stan, Kenny, Kyle, Wendy, Bebe, Tweek, Big Gay Al, Officer Barbrady, Liane, Chef, Terrance & Phillip, Uncle Jimbo, Ned, Pip, Dr. Mephisto, Mr. Garrison (pre-sex change), Mr. Hankey and Ms. Crabtree were all relevant as major characters, due to South Park now being plot-driven with Cartman, Butters and/or Randy being the main characters.

Stan's been in the background in recent years, and it's been long since Stan was a legitimate South Park's top protagonist before Kyle took over by Season 7/8 (2003/2004). Sad that South Park is doing away with Good vs Evil in favor of current events, more evident in Season 19/20. Hopefully Season 21 will return back to the episodical storylines instead of remaining serialized seasonal storylines, once The Fractured But Whole comes out and Trey Parker & Matt Stone aren't hampered by doing anymore extra work like half of their focus is working on the latest video game.

Sure, Stan may still be as vital to the show as he was back then, but he is one of the most underrated main characters out of The Boys along with Kenny. Back in the day, Kenny was relevant because he kept on being killed once every episode, until Season 5's permadeath and the general feeling that Kenny (despite being popular) was regarded as a prop by Trey Parker and Matt Stone because they were sick and tired of trying to elaborately come up with different ideas for Kenny's gruesome deaths, and maybe they felt there's still more potential with developing Kyle further from a Jewish Stan clone.

After fan outrage and complaints from Comedy Central themselves that they were losing money, merchandise and ratings because of the absence of Kenny McCormick, Kenny was brought back by the end of Season 6 (2002). From that point onwards, Kenny no longer dies in every episode, but in the process, was no longer valuable. So his 'poor background' was further explored upon instead, and these days Kenny is most known for being under the guise of a fictional superhero named Mysterion which is pretty much the only way Kenny can attain some form of relevance other than his trademark gruesome deaths, but to be fair, Kenny only dies basically once in a blue moon. Plus, Kenny's absent for much of Season 20, making it the first time since Season 6 that Kenny hardly appears on the show, but it has nothing to do with being killed all the time. Instead, the focus was on social media, thus it wasn't logical for Kenny to be in the social media plot, and he's mostly featured on The Fractured But Whole.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:26 am

FilipoSooa wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:

Yeah, it's been years since the likes of Stan, Kenny, Kyle, Wendy, Bebe, Tweek, Big Gay Al, Officer Barbrady, Liane, Chef, Terrance & Phillip, Uncle Jimbo, Ned, Pip, Dr. Mephisto, Mr. Garrison (pre-sex change), Mr. Hankey and Ms. Crabtree were all relevant as major characters, due to South Park now being plot-driven with Cartman, Butters and/or Randy being the main characters.

Stan's been in the background in recent years, and it's been long since Stan was a legitimate South Park's top protagonist before Kyle took over by Season 7/8 (2003/2004). Sad that South Park is doing away with Good vs Evil in favor of current events, more evident in Season 19/20. Hopefully Season 21 will return back to the episodical storylines instead of remaining serialized seasonal storylines, once The Fractured But Whole comes out and Trey Parker & Matt Stone aren't hampered by doing anymore extra work like half of their focus is working on the latest video game.

Sure, Stan may still be as vital to the show as he was back then, but he is one of the most underrated main characters out of The Boys along with Kenny. Back in the day, Kenny was relevant because he kept on being killed once every episode, until Season 5's permadeath and the general feeling that Kenny (despite being popular) was regarded as a prop by Trey Parker and Matt Stone because they were sick and tired of trying to elaborately come up with different ideas for Kenny's gruesome deaths, and maybe they felt there's still more potential with developing Kyle further from a Jewish Stan clone.

After fan outrage and complaints from Comedy Central themselves that they were losing money, merchandise and ratings because of the absence of Kenny McCormick, Kenny was brought back by the end of Season 6 (2002). From that point onwards, Kenny no longer dies in every episode, but in the process, was no longer valuable. So his 'poor background' was further explored upon instead, and these days Kenny is most known for being under the guise of a fictional superhero named Mysterion which is pretty much the only way Kenny can attain some form of relevance other than his trademark gruesome deaths, but to be fair, Kenny only dies basically once in a blue moon. Plus, Kenny's absent for much of Season 20, making it the first time since Season 6 that Kenny hardly appears on the show, but it has nothing to do with being killed all the time. Instead, the focus was on social media, thus it wasn't logical for Kenny to be in the social media plot, and he's mostly featured on The Fractured But Whole.
I hope season 20 has been a seasonal story becuse it's easier since they dont need to come up with a new story every week. They just need to build upon last weeks story. And that in season 21 when they wont be working on the fractured but whole and thus will return to episodic storys. Atleast I hope so, I really think that is how South Park is supposed to be made. Seasonal storys makes it so hit or miss. Either the season is good or bad rather than a specifik episode being good or bad. I didn't really like season 19 that much becuse the things they were focusing on there isn't that relevant to me, we dont have the same trends here in Sweden(never heard of Whole foods or Yelp etc) And they focused on the same stuff the entire season pretty much. Personally I really like season 20 tough.
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:33 am

FilipoSooa wrote:

I hope season 20 has been a seasonal story becuse it's easier since they dont need to come up with a new story every week. They just need to build upon last weeks story. And that in season 21 when they wont be working on the fractured but whole and thus will return to episodic storys. Atleast I hope so, I really think that is how South Park is supposed to be made. Seasonal storys makes it so hit or miss. Either the season is good or bad rather than a specifik episode being good or bad. I didn't really like season 19 that much becuse the things they were focusing on there isn't that relevant to me, we dont have the same trends here in Sweden(never heard of Whole foods or Yelp etc) And they focused on the same stuff the entire season pretty much. Personally I really like season 20 tough.
And it's been years since Stan Marsh was actually living up to his original role billing as South Park's top protagonist for most of the early seasons, before Kyle took over. Even then, South Park catered to Cartman, Randy and Butters, except Cartman's the only one of the originals among The Boys, whereas Butters and Randy started out as mere background characters like wallpaper fodder, until Butters became prominent with Kenny's apparent death, and Randy's breakout star billing happening later in the series.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:30 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:

And it's been years since Stan Marsh was actually living up to his original role billing as South Park's top protagonist for most of the early seasons, before Kyle took over. Even then, South Park catered to Cartman, Randy and Butters, except Cartman's the only one of the originals among The Boys, whereas Butters and Randy started out as mere background characters like wallpaper fodder, until Butters became prominent with Kenny's apparent death, and Randy's breakout star billing happening later in the series.
The thing I miss the most in season 20 is the Stan Eric Kyle and Kenny doing stuff together. Have they even talked to eachother in this season? and the only time I remember seeing Stan was when wendy broke up with him.
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:26 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
The thing I miss the most in season 20 is the Stan Eric Kyle and Kenny doing stuff together. Have they even talked to eachother in this season? and the only time I remember seeing Stan was when wendy broke up with him.
I suppose Kyle (or Stan) was not the only one who was rumored to have been killed off in South Park. Token was also rumored to have been written off from South Park via death in the World War Zimmerman episode in Season 17 (2013), but he ended up surviving. Token became more prominent in Season 4 (mid-to-late 2000s) in Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000 when Cartman got sent to prison, costing the boys a chance to beat the girls at a sledding race. I think South Park's African-American character of today has to be Token, while the most prominent African-American character South Park ever had was Chef from 1997 to 2005.

Sad to see what happened to Isaac Hayes. People thought he quit South Park because he protested Trey Parker and Matt Stone making fun of Scientology, but in reality, Hayes had a stroke, and Scientology forced him to quit his job as a voice actor for South Park. I think his Scientology peers must've intervened on his behalf, and he couldn't make sound decisions due to his stroke.

And I don't think it would be right to kill Token off in Season 17 (2013) since he's the only other African-American character in South Park other than the late Chef, at least until an African-American girl named Nichole Daniels arrived. Sure, Token's not as much of a high-caliber character as Chef, but having surpassed Bebe as South Park Elementary's second other kid (not The Boys) while Butters surpassed Wendy as the main other kid has to count for something.

I miss the days when Wendy used to be less of a designated Soapbox Liberal Activist character a la Lisa Simpson (The Simpsons) and Brian Griffin (Family Guy), and when she was more of a cute girl back in the early episodes. Mary Kay Bergman's tragic passing in late 1999 definitely screwed up the character role trajectories for female characters such as Wendy Testaburger, Bebe Stevens, Sheila Broflovski, Sharon Marsh, Liane Cartman, Carol McCormick, Principal Victoria, Ms. Crabtree, Mayor McDaniels, Shelly Marsh, etc.

I miss the days when Liane was more of a total carefree mother who frequently had sex as her job/hobby, and she used to be one of the few adult figures that The Boys could turn to for advice. Tsst was the episode where Liane got a character growth arc when she has to discipline her only child, and be strict with him so she can stop spoiling him whatever Cartman wanted, whenever Cartman felt like it. In the more recent years, she's been standing up to him a lot lately, like the HUMANCENTiPad episode on Season 15 (2011) when she won't shell out $900 for an Apple iPad that Cartman wanted, instead offering to buy him a Toshiba Handibook. The Apple iPad was just so he could try and rub it in Kyle's face.

The Liane from the early seasons would've definitely shelled out $900 for an Apple iPad for Cartman without any questions, hesitation or rebuttal.
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:34 pm

FilipoSooa wrote:
FilipoSooa wrote:
I suppose Kyle (or Stan) was not the only one who was rumored to have been killed off in South Park. Token was also rumored to have been written off from South Park via death in the World War Zimmerman episode in Season 17 (2013), but he ended up surviving. Token became more prominent in Season 4 (mid-to-late 2000s) in Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000 when Cartman got sent to prison, costing the boys a chance to beat the girls at a sledding race. I think South Park's African-American character of today has to be Token, while the most prominent African-American character South Park ever had was Chef from 1997 to 2005.

Sad to see what happened to Isaac Hayes. People thought he quit South Park because he protested Trey Parker and Matt Stone making fun of Scientology, but in reality, Hayes had a stroke, and Scientology forced him to quit his job as a voice actor for South Park. I think his Scientology peers must've intervened on his behalf, and he couldn't make sound decisions due to his stroke.

And I don't think it would be right to kill Token off in Season 17 (2013) since he's the only other African-American character in South Park other than the late Chef, at least until an African-American girl named Nichole Daniels arrived. Sure, Token's not as much of a high-caliber character as Chef, but having surpassed Bebe as South Park Elementary's second other kid (not The Boys) while Butters surpassed Wendy as the main other kid has to count for something.

I miss the days when Wendy used to be less of a designated Soapbox Liberal Activist character a la Lisa Simpson (The Simpsons) and Brian Griffin (Family Guy), and when she was more of a cute girl back in the early episodes. Mary Kay Bergman's tragic passing in late 1999 definitely screwed up the character role trajectories for female characters such as Wendy Testaburger, Bebe Stevens, Sheila Broflovski, Sharon Marsh, Liane Cartman, Carol McCormick, Principal Victoria, Ms. Crabtree, Mayor McDaniels, Shelly Marsh, etc.

I miss the days when Liane was more of a total carefree mother who frequently had sex as her job/hobby, and she used to be one of the few adult figures that The Boys could turn to for advice. Tsst was the episode where Liane got a character growth arc when she has to discipline her only child, and be strict with him so she can stop spoiling him whatever Cartman wanted, whenever Cartman felt like it. In the more recent years, she's been standing up to him a lot lately, like the HUMANCENTiPad episode on Season 15 (2011) when she won't shell out $900 for an Apple iPad that Cartman wanted, instead offering to buy him a Toshiba Handibook. The Apple iPad was just so he could try and rub it in Kyle's face.

The Liane from the early seasons would've definitely shelled out $900 for an Apple iPad for Cartman without any questions, hesitation or rebuttal.
HumancentiPad was on today it was a mistake watching it whilst eating! Like when the japanese guy sh*ts into Kyles mouth wich then sh*ts into to girls mouth. Great episode tough.

Now I watched several episodes today and one of them was Chef goes nanners from season 4 where Wendy had a temporary crush on Cartman and actually kissed him! That seems absolutely ridicolous given how i'm used to see her treat him in newer seasons. But it reminded me that even from the begining Wendy has been abit of a activist, even back then strongly siding for changing the what she things is a racist South Park flag. She was also really passionate in the South Park movie but to be honest I cant remember what she protested against in the movie, since it was a while ago I saw it. I also remember she in a quite early season I believe was against the deforestation of the rainforests. I think she has always been abit of a Lisa Simpson.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:20 am

SkankusHuntimusXLII wrote:She was also really passionate in the South Park movie but to be honest I cant remember what she protested against in the movie, since it was a while ago I saw it.
She and Gregory were against the execution of Terrance and Phillip. Being political is not something Stan does well, so he lost her to Gregory until the end of the movie.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
FilipoSooa

Postby FilipoSooa » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:56 am

FilipoSooa wrote:

HumancentiPad was on today it was a mistake watching it whilst eating! Like when the japanese guy sh*ts into Kyles mouth wich then sh*ts into to girls mouth. Great episode tough.

Now I watched several episodes today and one of them was Chef goes nanners from season 4 where Wendy had a temporary crush on Cartman and actually kissed him! That seems absolutely ridicolous given how i'm used to see her treat him in newer seasons. But it reminded me that even from the begining Wendy has been abit of a activist, even back then strongly siding for changing the what she things is a racist South Park flag. She was also really passionate in the South Park movie but to be honest I cant remember what she protested against in the movie, since it was a while ago I saw it. I also remember she in a quite early season I believe was against the deforestation of the rainforests. I think she has always been abit of a Lisa Simpson.
Hopefully we'll see more of Bebe in the future seasons, or by Season 25-40 if South Park wants a brand new generation of South Park Elementary school kids, with the show's crop of South Park school kids growing up to become adults. I have a feeling Bebe will grow up to be a gold digger or become her generation's Liane Cartman, and I can see an adult Wendy Testaburger becoming the Mayor of South Park and/or maybe live with Stan once their relationship restarts for the fourth time, assuming that Bill Clinton helped rekindle their relationship.

Return to “Character Discussion”