*2010: The End of Serialization as We Know It*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

jamespuppolo

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization as We Know It*

Postby jamespuppolo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:20 pm

I am now thinking of those old Boris Karloff movies like “The Mummy”. I think it had a canary or other movies have that the canary died signaling an ill fate for those to venture into the pyramid. It was what would make people blame the death on the canary on the Curse of the Pharaohs. Which if you disturbed their peace they would curse you and you would die or they would kill you themselves.

I think of that the mummies are a joke on the women and Heidi wanting to be mommies on Mars. I think Cartman will envision a sperm milking plant too. Also, the “serialization” could be too a joke on sterilization of someone not being able to have children anymore. This could be an answer to preventing being cum farmed from the girls.
Say's The Naked Knight From "Ghosts 'n Goblins"
mario88

Postby mario88 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:33 pm

jamespuppolo wrote: I hope she at least stays with the show and isn’t killed off like Leslie was.
Why are there so many people afraid that Heidi might be killed off? Leslie died for a reason, she was an evil robot.
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Ahem, it's "canary in the coal mine." It takes less methane or carbon dioxide to kill a canary than to kill a human, so miners took caged canaries to work with them. When the canaries started dying, it was time to get the hell out of the mine.
mario88 wrote:Why are there so many people afraid that Heidi might be killed off? Leslie died for a reason, she was an evil robot.
Not just Heidi, but any of the girls. Some of us here have grown rather attached to them.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:20 am

Big-Will wrote:Not just Heidi, but any of the girls. Some of us here have grown rather attached to them.
I'm really only concerned about Heidi this week though because of the way Cartman is trying to portray her intentions and his history of doing horrific things to people who get in his way. The rest of the girls will almost certainly be fine and might even contribute to saving the world in Wednesday night's episode. I was seriously worried about the girls before Skank Hunt because of the way the press release was written and the troubling preview images that were revealed. My fear was that Gerald was either going to drive at least one of, some, most or god forbid, all of the girls in the fourth grade to suicide or trick them into getting killed. The reason I thought this was going to happen had to do with my irrational fear of Trey and Matt wanting to eliminate the show's female cast because they either hated all of them and/or wanted to make some sort of twisted point about females having no value in the world. As ridiculous as that might sound, I was literally an emotional trainwreck from the second the episode was announced right up until the moment it was revealed that Heidi never actually died, where I actually both laughed and breathed a huge sigh of relief at the same time. I also initially thought that Trey and Matt gave Heidi a hat to try to draw viewers' attention away from the fact that she was seemingly about to commit suicide or tried to make things less painful by trying to make her look different. Nevertheless, I just really hope Heidi doesn't die and/or become evil. To be honest, the things people post on 4chan and Reddit suggesting that Heidi might die also scare me, although the funny thing is 4chan of all places seems to have more respect for her than Reddit. So that's why I was so afraid of terrible things happening to the girls earlier this year.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:28 pm

I think it's just Cartman's imagination on overdrive. He took what Butters told him about what women plan to do to men and applied it to Mars. As they say, in space, no one can hear you scream. ;)

(Alien, 1979)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:02 am

Big-Will wrote:I think it's just Cartman's imagination on overdrive. He took what Butters told him about what women plan to do to men and applied it to Mars. As they say, in space, no one can hear you scream. ;)

(Alien, 1979)
Hopefully, things will turn out just fine for Heidi. Also, it would be massively cool if she actually gets to stay on as a major part of the South Park franchise after this season!
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:37 am

Why are there so many people afraid that Heidi might be killed off? Leslie died for a reason, she was an evil robot.
The preview image for "Skank Hunt" put the idea in people's heads first, but generally, fans who are unhappy with Cartman and Heidi's relationship want to believe either that Cartman has an evil plot up his sleeve, or that Heidi has one, but either way this leads to an assumption that Heidi will die in order to reset the show's continuity. Nwt000 in particular has been vocally against this because me and him have been strong proponents of elevating female characters, and it seems like a waste to kill her so soon after developing her. I'm not so worried.
I think it's just Cartman's imagination on overdrive. He took what Butters told him about what women plan to do to men and applied it to Mars. As they say, in space, no one can hear you scream. ;)

(Alien, 1979)
"No, no, you're just as funny as us, you don't have to do this!"

Yeah, that's the vibe I'm getting. Butters has convinced Cartman all women are evil. Not sure why he thinks Mars has to do with this but... guess the Gender War's going to space.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:34 am

It's no secret that men are from Mars, whereas women are from Venus, much like Saddam and Satan, which means they can hardly find any common ground. Butters knows better than anyone what it's like to be milked for his creamy goo, he is a great expert in the sticky-gooey area, let's give him that, which is why he is so convincing when it comes to cum, even though it's all in Cartman's head. Not to mention that Cartman was the one who came up with the idea of milking Butters for his goo: first in "Lil' Crime Stoppers" then in "Sarcastaball." But in the end none of the above really matters, as there's no way for the guys to delve deeper into it, unless the title is just a joke and they want to waste another season trying to sort out all this mess, which would be extremely unwise on their part. Time to put a stop to Cartman's perpetual mindarrhea and finally move on. No cliffhangers this season finale. Please.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Well this is it til next year. I'll be watching.

By the way, Thank You to everyone. Especially Nall for posting the preview images, clips, etc at late hours of the night (at least here). The entire staff there for putting this show together. Looking forward to 21.
Stan and Kyle :)
mario88

Postby mario88 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:42 pm

Can't wait for the episode. I won't be able to watch it live as I don't live in the u.s., but I will watch it as soon as I can. At first I was afraid it was going to end with a cliffhanger, but the title seems to suggest otherwise.
He is the record!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:19 am

Just a couple hours to go and I finally get around to saying something about the finale.

The title is telling us they are done with the season-long story format after today. It's been an okay idea, but when you make the show the way they do, you can't go back to early episodes to make the long arc more coherent. If they wanted to do it right, they'd have to change the way they make South Park and that ain't gonna happen 20 years in.

Fatass isn't going to Mars. All the Mars stuff has been dream/fantasy sequences from Fatass and so it will be again.
I think Heidi has mostly been distracting Cartman this whole time so he won't get in the way of something bigger the girls have planned.

There will be loose ends. Embrace it.
My bet is President Garrison and the Member Berries will be left out.

You read it! You can't unread it!
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:47 am

triplemultiplex wrote:Fatass isn't going to Mars. All the Mars stuff has been dream/fantasy sequences from Fatass and so it will be again.
I think Heidi has mostly been distracting Cartman this whole time so he won't get in the way of something bigger the girls have planned.
If that's the case, then why does the description say that Kyle and Ike are going to bring together all of the kids to try and save the world? Notice how it says "kids" and not "boys", so chances are that the girls have nothing sinister planned and might actually even help to save the world. Besides, would Trey and Matt really want to vilify an entire gender just for the sake of entertainment? I would hope not!
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:28 am

I am posting here as I'm staying out of the post-air thread until after I see the episode. That will be some hours from now. I hope that ALL of the loose ends get wrapped up in this "end of serialization as we know it" episode such as the next time we hear the national anthem at a stadium, do we sit or stand under Garrison's administration?

As the prediction was for Mrs. Sandwich to win, will next year's 2101 episode show Garrison back at South Park Elementary as a teacher, without mention to him winning the U.S. Presidency the season before?

What exactly are memberberries, where did they come from? And what are they going to do in the future?

Mars - deal with it!

Why is it so important for girls to be both SMART and FUNNY?

Troll-Trace - finish this up already.

I'll post more, after I see the episode, in the post-air thread. For now, thanks, M&T for an interesting season 20.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:33 am

This went fine. My TV went out, likely because of the weather, thankfully I was able to finish up online using the AT&T app. Ironic...

Cool to see Sparky again

Anyway next year..,
Stan and Kyle :)
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:40 am

There's a post-air thread you know, you guys: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93021

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”