Season 20 "Did You Notice?" Megathread

Think you've seen a mistake in a show? Post it here!

Moderator: Big-Will

kfgg

Re: Season 20 "Did You Notice?" Megathread

Postby kfgg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:35 am

SkankusHuntimusXLII wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Yes. Not as much as they used to, but yes.
Given it's a show not meant for kids why would they censor it? If someone says ''f*ck'' and theres a bleep you do still understand that he said f*ck. So I don't see the point of the bleep. Do they put black boxes in the weiner's out scenes aswell? The Swedish Comedy Central doesn't censor anything I tought it would be the same in America. Also the episodes available for free on this website aren't censored as far as I know.

But I do have to admit that the bleep does add some impact on the swearwords. It sort of makes it more funny and you sort of take it more seriously when it's bleeped.
They do, but they don't have to. Mostly an advertiser thing.

Comedy Central in the U.S. has aired a lot of uncensored programming overnights, including South Park episodes and the movie since 2003.

Cable really doesn't have a censorship rule like broadcast TV, HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, premium networks have played uncensored movies since the 1980s. But a lot of networks, particularly ones that rely on advertising choose to self censor.

South Park pushed the word sh*t past the censors in 2001, and it's gone uncensored since Seaaon 16 I believe. They used to bleep sh*t. I think eventually they'll push f*ck past the censors. Comedy Central will have to run the "This program contains adult language and is intended only for mature audiences" thing they run before they play an uncut show, but I have a feeling it will happen.

Broadcast (Free antenna) TV has a 22:00-05:00 window where they can run swearing without fines, but they avoid it anyway.
Stan and Kyle :)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:41 am

In "Not Funny", Gerald is trapped in the glass-walled conference room by Lennart. He locks the door with a key card from the outside.
Then in the finale, Gerald needs to escape this room and now there is a keypad on the inside he can use. This key pad was not in episode 2009, so it conveniently appeared in 2010.
Oops.
Maybe they can still go back and draw the keypad into 2009. :roll:

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:24 am

They'll probably fix it up for the DVD release. Happens in anime all the time. :lol:

Sheila presses the Return key to submit the info Troll Trace needed to begin the Internet history search. But that key has been the Enter key on computers for years now.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:21 pm

Big-Will wrote:Sheila presses the Return key to submit the info Troll Trace needed to begin the Internet history search. But that key has been the Enter key on computers for years now.
The return of the carriage return!

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:43 am

Something odd about the days of the week, lol.

I thought Grandma Broflovski was dead, so dead that a dog ate her up whole and had to regurgitate her body.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:58 am

Big-Will wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:24 am
They'll probably fix it up for the DVD release. Happens in anime all the time. :lol:
Maybe they'll also add Kenny to the scene in Skank Hunt where the boys break Cartman's stuff and replace Clyde with Kenny in those two scenes about Heidi's Twitter departure and Cartman not being SkankHunt42. They also need to add a scene to the ending of the season finale where while Stan's family is watching the news, Wendy appears at Stan's door and Stan happily walks towards her, implying that they are officially back together.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.

Return to “Did You Notice?”