Clyde

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthAl93

Clyde

Postby SouthAl93 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:13 am

Ever since the death of Clyde's mom, I have been comparing him to Bambi from Disney's Bambi and Little Foot from Don Bluth's The Land Before Time. Both characters are shy, lost their mothers to death, and have dads that are each still alive. Has anyone else noticed that comparison? Even though Little Foot and Bambi's moms' deaths were tragic in a usually sad way, Clyde's mom's death was more tragic in a comedic way. Those of you who didn't know that Little Foot's dad is still alive probably haven't seen any of the dozen sequels. His dad was in the most recent sequel that came out last year.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo

Re: Clyde

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:16 am

I barely remember either movie. I don’t even remember Clyde’s reaction to losing his mom that much. I thought he was happy she died and it was his fault with the toilet seat up. Also at the end he left the seat up like “f*ck you mom” and I don’t care if someone else dies and I think he gave the finger. You know just because someone’s parent died as a kid doesn’t mean they must be compared to fictitious characters who have the same thing happen. It would feel torturous for someone to constantly see me as an old Disney character just because my mom died when I was a kid. Bambi is a super old movie and I can’t even remember much. The Land Before Time only the first one I think made the theaters and so is worth watching. I’m not sure if Clyde is shy, he seems to just stick to his small group of friends like lots of people do. I think Bambi’s mom was shot to death. I think Little Foots mom or dad fell to their death or was eaten by the T-Rex. I remember they all had no food and had to find a new place to live. I don’t think Clyde is supposed to be a hunted character. I felt like Clyde and Craig were more offensive than the four boys and were supposed to be tougher. I see the comparison but I think it is just the dead parents. I guess you could argue that Bambi was holding his mom back and so slowed her down and led to her dying like Clyde. I guess Little Foot did the same type of thing but I forget what like he ran off and almost got eaten but his mom saved him but died. Still do you still watch Disney and kid shows? Why not grow up and let the kids watch the E for everyone shows or shows rated generally for kids. Like adults go to see Star Wars and comic book movies but dude no adult wants to go see another movie like Boss Baby or Sing. Adults go for the kids.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
mario88

Re: Clyde

Postby mario88 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:05 pm

well, clyde was shy and a bit whiny before his mom's death, which happened in season16. in Fatbeard, season 13, he joins Cartman's crew but then we see him cry more times during the episodes.
He is the record!

Return to “Character Discussion”