*2101: White People Renovating Houses* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthAl93

Re: *2101: White People Renovating Houses* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SouthAl93 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:18 pm

Sgt. Sarge wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:56 pm
SouthAl93 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:58 pm
Big-Will wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:29 am
And there's no way I see any of the girls becoming a female Cartman. Just NO.
If Heidi started acting like Cartman to win him back, it might as well work.
It would make more sense if Heidi started acting like Liane Cartman. To me, Cartman would feel that the only thing more important than his stuff are the people who buy that stuff for him.
However Matt and Trey decide to bring Cartman and Heidi back together, it should be able to please everyone or mostly everyone.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:54 am

Sgt. Sarge wrote:
SouthAl93 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
It would make more sense if Heidi started acting like Liane Cartman. To me, Cartman would feel that the only thing more important than his stuff are the people who buy that stuff for him.
He's high-maintenance and she's just a kid. She can't afford to act like his mom for long.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:15 am

Big-Will wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:54 am
Sgt. Sarge wrote:
SouthAl93 wrote:

He's high-maintenance and she's just a kid. She can't afford to act like his mom for long.
Anything is possible you know.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:55 am

I think Cartman deserves some punishment for mistreating Heidi. Still, it would be to normal for Cartman to want to date her again for some sort of reason, like her boobs coming in or getting fuzzy. I think Heidi would get scooped up by another guy. Cartman probably told everyone she showed off her stuff. That would be good motivation for another guy to move in. I think Cartman could want Heidi back if there was some sort of stimuli. Maybe it is not Cartman to want Heidi back just because she was with someone else. Some sort of food or electronic or something may be what would put him under Heidi's thumb yet again. I have met so many lesbians, I swear, I don't really like them but I could totally see how a guy like Cartman would turn a girl gay. I think it would be killer titties for Heidi to go dyke and for Cartman to have some sort of anger or becoming confrontational over this. Not sure if Cartman would have an issue with the girl he abused and lied to into showing her vagina to him just for fun, with her going lesbo, I don't know if Cartman would even care but it still seems funny. Maybe just Heidi's attempts to punish Cartman with her girlfriend and them showing affection would be funny enough while Cartman acts like he couldn't be happier alone and like he doesn't care.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:05 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:15 am
Big-Will wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:54 am
Sgt. Sarge wrote:

Anything is possible you know.
Okay, now you just want her to be Harley Quinn to Cartman's Joker. :cartmanevillaugh:

MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:34 pm

SouthAl93 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:18 pm
Sgt. Sarge wrote:
SouthAl93 wrote:

However Matt and Trey decide to bring Cartman and Heidi back together, it should be able to please everyone or mostly everyone.
Well, you got that one right. I think you're absolutely right because now that you've mention it.
Heiman forever! Favourite OTP since Season 20! <3
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:40 pm

MichaelTanzerCanada wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:34 pm
SouthAl93 wrote:
Sgt. Sarge wrote:

Well, you got that one right. I think you're absolutely right because now that you've mention it.
It's nice to know that someone on these forums agree with me.
MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:58 pm

SouthAl93 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:40 pm
MichaelTanzerCanada wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:34 pm
SouthAl93 wrote:

It's nice to know that someone on these forums agree with me.
Why thank you SouthAl93. I'm sure they will make up amends in the next episode. But who knows!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:25 pm

I just want to move on to the next one and hopefully enjoy it. Is that too much to ask? I never seem to be able to enjoy anything anymore without some sort of fear.. But I’m not going to make this about me.

I’ll say this one had a lot of what makes this show great. I saw a lot of pissing and moaning over it from every angle.

But there was something in here a lot of people failed to care about...

“Alexa, add big hairy balls to my shopping list.” “Ok I added big hairy balls to your shopping list.” Those types of jokes are funny. That’s as Trey put it “Our roots” Terrence & Phillip are another example. That’s where the laughs are.

When “Big hairy balls” showed up in people’s actual shopping list, that just made it even more funny.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:16 am

Big-Will wrote:
I'm probably the second biggest advocate of seeing more of the female characters on this whole website, and I'd love to see the show do better - but I don't think things are going to change any time soon on that front, as much as it'd add a little to the show to have a female character who wasn't either a living prop or a 'Women are Wiser' archetype.

The funny thing is, Heidi was more set up for this than anyone else, with the "two-faced bitch" aspect in TSOT and her (understandably) superficial behavior in her two S9 appearances... which is ironically, why I liked Heiman five or ten years ago, when it was a silly fan thing. :)

But no, being realistic, that's just not Trey's writing style, and as the main writer and powerhouse, he also prefers to do most of the voice acting, which is part of why the women don't get used much - notice how Clyde's mom was recast within the last day of production for "Reverse Cowgirl" because of last-minute rewrites, and April Stewart's made Tuesday stops plenty of times - not to mention we have Jessie Jo Makinson, Mona Marshall, and Elise Gabriel in the mix now.

I'm sure we'll see Heidi again in the future, probably as one of the more vocal women, just like Wendy's always been, and Nichole's slightly been since her introduction, but I don't imagine she'll get back together with Cartman, nor will any of the other relationships unless a specific story (ala "The List") calls for it.

If there's one lesson we should all learn right now, it's that continuity in South Park is utterly irrelevant, and the target audience likes it that way.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:55 am

I've thought about it, and I could see Nelly being a sort of Cartman, but I don't see them getting together. Much as a girl would love to love Cartman, he's like a cactus - get too close and you'll end up hurt and bleeding.

JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:02 am

Big-Will wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:55 am
I've thought about it, and I could see Nelly being a sort of Cartman, but I don't see them getting together. Much as a girl would love to love Cartman, he's like a cactus - get too close and you'll end up hurt and bleeding.
Nelly's definitely been set up to be aggressive, but the interesting thing - just as Heidi was connected with Cartman in 2-3 previous appearances in small ways, Nelly's been connected in small ways with Butters in her previous appearances. I'd have disregarded this here before S20, but- well, I suppose my credibility on this is shot again now :P
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:03 am

Henrietta Biggle is kind of like Cartman. I'd like to see them together.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:04 am

Big-Will wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:55 am
I think if Nelly would end up with anybody, it would be Butters. They can't seem to stay away from each other and it's pretty cliche for a guy and a girl who are constantly at odds with each other to end up with each other in pop culture. That being said, I doubt they'll ever be a thing and we may never see any of the kids with a significant other again after this week's episode, which looks like it's going to squash the show's last kid couple. :cry:
MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:27 pm

I just had a sudden feeling that the Gender Wars is still going on....

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”