*2103: Holiday Special* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *2103: Holiday Special* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:58 am

Animation error. If someone isn't supposed to be there, he or she is removed or replaced with someone else after the original airing.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
mackanelly

Postby mackanelly » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:55 pm

I actually enjoyed this episode a lot. It was good topically and the humor was bright.
It is included in my all-time favorites list actually, and I haven't had one of those in quite a while.
Can't wait to see what else is on the way.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:18 am

I don't remember Columbus Day being a school holiday. It was in the same category as Presidents Day; you still had to go to school, but like the post office was closed.
Is that a California thing to not have school on Columbus Day?

The beauty of this episode was Randy's alternate version of the universe where Columbus used to be super cool, but now he's like Hitler. He feels like he has to overcompensate for how into Columbus he used to be. But in reality, no one gave a shit then and no one gives a shit now. And everyone thinks Randy is acting really strange the entire time. It was so absurd and kept building on itself.

Because of how detached from reality Randy was the entire episode, it was really more of a Cartman story with Randy playing the role of a delusional Fatass. The way he tries to set it up so he looks like a victim, the denial about his own past, not learning the "right" lesson at the end, even the runner where a word is misused/mispronounced. That's the outline of a Cartman story.

Something felt off about Randy in this episode and I think that was it. Randy can't be Fatass. Randy is about being stupid while remaining sincere and passionate. Fatass is about being stupid to feed his ego and selfishness.

You read it! You can't unread it!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:30 pm

true, but maybe this is exactly what matt & trey meant to show, that he has become a little bit like cartman. mostly because of insecurity i guess.
He is the record!
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:44 pm

mario88 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:30 pm
true, but maybe this is exactly what matt & trey meant to show, that he has become a little bit like cartman. mostly because of insecurity i guess.
I think Randy is becoming more like Mr. Garrison rather than Cartman. Besides, someone needs to fit in Garrison's shoes for the next four year while Mr. Garrison is impersonating our real-life president.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:57 am

well, it would be kind of sad if he just filled it for someone else, so to speak. i expect a coherent development, regardless of what other charcacters do.
He is the record!
michaeloptv1

Postby michaeloptv1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:58 am

Hey all! I'm finally was able to get back on the forum! 8)

Anyways. This episode. Out of the three aired by far this one was clearly the WORST!
Barely laughed. Just....stupid all around :(

It showed promise but ripped on pieces already patched, like the Charleston reaction from episode 1. So Randy took a statute down. Whoopie. It ripped on a holiday that litterally NOBODY cares about (I guess that's partially the point) Look. I live in New Hampshire. When I was in school they cancelled giving us Columbus Day off. Now even most federal buildings don't give off Columbus Day! Pretty much it should be "Ingedious Day" because nobody gives a f*ck about it!

The DNA stuff was stupid. I expected more laughs. I have used those sites. Kinda cool but by god. That sh*tty commercial on TV of a woman that says "I'm Everything!" I wanted a bit more to be played on that. Slightly was...but I needed more! And the native American thing was slightly funny but more dumb sh*t than anything.

Yea this episode was clearly one of the worst ones in the past 2-3 years. I didn't think they could get so low. But apparently, some weeks I do wonder if they just have......run out of ideas :( :o
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:59 am

* Charlottesville
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:58 am
Animation error. If someone isn't supposed to be there, he or she is removed or replaced with someone else after the original airing.
I surprised that they didn't made changes like that in Season 20's Skank Hunt because Kenny should of been with the other boys in destroying Cartman's stuff and seen with Stan instead of Clyde when telling Kyle about Heidi quitting Twitter and Cartman not being Skankhunt42.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”