*2106: Sons A Witches* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*2106: Sons A Witches* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:29 am

Happy Holloween. Hehehe!
Sgt. Sarge

Re: *2106: Sons A Witches* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:38 am

Just Gimme a second, I'll have a review real soon.
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.
Sgt. Sarge

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:49 am

Almost ready, hold on just a bit.
Sgt. Sarge

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:59 am

OK I'm ready!

Well I have to say, I'm really surprised with how well that turned out.

The intro gave me signals of the old days of South Park, maybe cause it didn't have the extreme music to go with the lyrics. Heidi and Cartman going through some simple dilemmas resulting in Cartman going to extremes to get rid of her reminded me of Kyle's cousin Kyle, it was simple got plenty of comedy and it felt different enough thanks to the way Cartman approaches it. The Witches bit was a bit of a build up however I enjoy that kind of stuff, leading it to parody the Harvey Weinstein fiasco was perfect. The Garrison finally surprised me, (I didn't think he'd be back until 2020 to 2024), I'm glad Matt and Trey didn't do full on Trump jokes and kept Garrison in character. Just seeing him again acting all chummy with the guys and being all casual with Butters is why I like being such a passionate fan.

Great episode, 9/10
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:00 am

The Halloween intro was nice. It could have used more gore though and some new lyrics. Still it was so much better that it was new animation.

The episode starts out real fun. The dads are listening to “I Want Candy”. It worked at getting me jacked up for the episode. I wanted to get picked up by the dads.

Heidi/Cartman’s relationship issues seem to be getting boring to me. I liked the joke about women taking forever to get ready. Weird that of all the people, Cartman can be alone with Heidi in her own bedroom by her parents.

I liked the in the woods witch party with jack but not the crack part. I’ve never used crack and am afraid too. Still it was fun looking to hang out like that and it had me jealous. When Chip pulled out that witch’s book, that was so cool. I knew rate then that we were going to get a real witch. I laughed until the commercial came with Chip flying all around as a witch cackling and throwing pumpkin bombs. It was like he is the Green Goblin. It’s such a gay thing to dress up as a witch if you’re a guy but I don’t know maybe it is cool. I kind of want to do something like that now.

Cartman missing out on the pumpkin patch was fun and sad. I want to take kids to pumpkin patches. I find the Heidi/Cartman thing to be getting kind of old a little as its always Cartman upset so it’s not cute. Heidi dressing up was cute though.

The whole Ross Dress For Less kind of got me depressed as it made me think of an ex-girlfriend I have. I think she has a kid now. I think Ross’ will be going out of business someday. Amazon is the big thing, yet I still buy most my stuff at Walmart.

I didn’t like the Dad’s witch song at the school. I found that scene boring. I really liked the witch character and showing off more of Chip I think would have been better.

Cartman had to do a dick thing and get Heidi kidnapped by the witch. I liked the Hansel and Gretel costumes. It’s probably a bad omen that Cartman wants them to be like brother and sister.

I didn’t really like seeing Garrison at all. I think it wasn’t necessary. I don’t know why he was brought in, but I didn’t like it.

Chip stealing kids to increase his power was perfect witch behavior. The end was okay. I liked the laser, but I think it’s more of a Russia thing to have a space weapon like that, though we are supposed to have some sort of Star Wars thing.

Garrison takes everyone on Airforce One to drink jack and smoke crack. I think a better ending was possible. Like the boys or the dads getting that Salem witch book and casting a new spell would have been cooler. And I think that some of the kids should have been eaten and their carcasses should have been found at the witch’s cave or hiding place. The witch bag was cool though.

I liked the episode and will give it an 8.5/10.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:15 am

Heidi had three different costumes in this episode like Kyle did in Pinkeye and how Cartman had two costumes in Pinkeye. And Heiman haters, please shut up about how Cartman and Heidi breaking up soon because judging by what Trey Parker said about that, it's unlikely to happen at some point this season. It was nice to see Mr. Garrison in this episode but he still needs to ditch the Trump look.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:57 am

The whole Heiman relationship has gone from cute to funny to frustrating to downright terrifying. I hope Trey and Matt break up Cartman and Heidi for good by the end of this season and give Heidi a new purpose within the scope of the show’s universe instead of having her get killed or maimed just because Cartman can’t stand her anymore. She’s such a nice, smart, charming and pretty girl who should definitely stick around on the show in some capacity but not to the point where her and Cartman’s lives are miserable and Cartman is looking to literally have her killed off. Please Trey and Matt, I desperately beg of you to keep Heidi Turner alive!
Last edited by nwt000 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:18 am

nwt000 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:57 am
The whole Heiman relationship has gone from cute to funny to frustrating to downright terrifying. I hope Trey and Matt break up Cartman and Heidi for good by the end of this season and give Heidi a new purpose within the scope of the show’s universe instead of having her get killed or maimed just because Cartman can’t stand her anymore. She’s such a nice, smart, charming and pretty girl who should definitely stick around on the show in some capacity but not to the point where her and Cartman’s lives are miserable and Cartman is looking to literally have her killed off. Please Trey and Matt, I desperately beg of you to keep Heidi Turner alive!
What did I just say about talking about how they need to breakup?
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:35 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:18 am
They need to break up. :lol: People on other boards are saying their storyline is dragging the show down, and you'll be reading the same thing here. It will be over by the time the season ends. And Trey failed to deliver on the shocking thing that would make people riot for the show to end right now.

And Heidi will live just fine without Fatass.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:51 am

Was there a political undertone here that I maybe missed? Cause otherwise this episode doesn't make sense to me
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:56 am

mario88 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:51 am
Was there a political undertone here that I maybe missed? Cause otherwise this episode doesn't make sense to me
Two possible ones:

1. The witches turning on each other could mirror the Republicans turning on each other over Trump's performance as President.
2. Chip kidnapping children could refer to Weinstein sexually harassing women, but that's quite a stretch, since women and children are separate groups.

The President was being Garrison, but with power. No Trump overtones there, although Kyle did ask him about his campaign promises concerning the border wall and immigrants.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Sgt. Sarge

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:35 am
SouthAl93 wrote:
They need to break up. :lol: People on other boards are saying their storyline is dragging the show down, and you'll be reading the same thing here. It will be over by the time the season ends. And Trey failed to deliver on the shocking thing that would make people riot for the show to end right now.

That's a bit of a stretch, both you and Nwt000 need to realize that there are plenty of fans and regular viewers who enjoy this dynamic. Asking for Heidi to break up but still wanting her to play a significant role doesn't work cause the show will always be focused on the boy. Kyle, Stan, Kenny and Cartman have all had their high points and low points; their wins and loses and that's what helps make the show feel fresh after so many years.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Big-Will wrote:
SouthAl93 wrote:

Maybe Matt and Trey will just have to go back to having Cartman treat Heidi with respect again like in last season while still being a dick to everyone else.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Sgt. Sarge wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:03 pm
Big-Will wrote:
SouthAl93 wrote:

That's a bit of a stretch, both you and Nwt000 need to realize that there are plenty of fans and regular viewers who enjoy this dynamic. Asking for Heidi to break up but still wanting her to play a significant role doesn't work cause the show will always be focused on the boy. Kyle, Stan, Kenny and Cartman have all had their high points and low points; their wins and loses and that's what helps make the show feel fresh after so many years.
I’m not suggesting that Heidi needs to become a central character on the show like Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny or Butters, I just think she should remain a recurring character even after she separates from Cartman and maybe gets a speaking role or two every season. At this point though, I’d settle for her becoming a background character again if it meant that she wouldn’t have to end up dying or being disfigured, I just want her to live and not suffer any kind of scarring.
Sgt. Sarge

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:14 pm

nwt000 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:06 pm
I’m not suggesting that Heidi needs to become a central character on the show like Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny or Butters, I just think she should remain a recurring character even after she separates from Cartman and maybe gets a speaking role or two every season. At this point though, I’d settle for her becoming a background character again if it meant that she wouldn’t have to end up dying or being disfigured, I just want her to live and not suffer any kind of scarring.
I get what you mean but that's the risk of taking a more prominent role in a show, risk vs reward. Clyde's Mom died, Wendy got breast implants, Butters got some of the craziest things done to him; it's why we love them, it makes them more endearing.

Also side note, The South Park game victory theme after Garrison killed the witch was a nice touch.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”