*2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthAl93

Re: *2107: Doubling Down* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby SouthAl93 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:53 pm

MichaelTanzerCanada wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:51 pm
SouthAl93 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:43 pm
Remember what I told you on DeviantArt. It's not the end of the world.
I guess you're right. It's not the end of the world and not the end of Heiman. I was kinda worked out.
That's the spirit!
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Shane McCormick

Postby Shane McCormick » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:36 pm

*Sigh* oh great, more bad drama with the Cartman/Heidi storyline, and with this description it sounds like they might even go for a love triangle. I really hope they would not stoop to such a low level of writing as that, but we’ll have to wait and see.
MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Shane McCormick wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:36 pm
*Sigh* oh great, more bad drama with the Cartman/Heidi storyline, and with this description it sounds like they might even go for a love triangle. I really hope they would not stoop to such a low level of writing as that, but we’ll have to wait and see.
What do you mean "low level of writing"? How the writers are going to make the Cartman/Heidi storyline even better?
Heiman forever! Favourite OTP since Season 20! <3
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:42 pm
Shane McCormick wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:36 pm
What do you mean "low level of writing"? How the writers are going to make the Cartman/Heidi storyline even better?
Heidi: "Baby I'm pregnant" (to be continued next season) :lol:
MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Again, like I did say before: I'm NOT definitely gonna watch the new episode because of the break-up, that's why.
Heiman forever! Favourite OTP since Season 20! <3
Hailcoaster

Postby Hailcoaster » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:27 pm

Jackstanbrah7 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:03 am
Big-Will wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:45 am
Jackstanbrah7 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:20 am
he does care for her.
Are you watching the same show I am? When in this season has he shown that he cares for or about her?
Hmm, maybe when he threatened to commit suicide unless they got back together, or maybe when he went straight to the cops after he ditched her in the woods (even though he could have just left her there, and forgot about it), or maybe it was when he balled his eyes out at Token's doorstep after they broke up. Are you sure you're paying attention?

Just a side note, this is the same kid who wanted to kill his mother, even though he cares deeply for her. Not to mention him wanting to kill most of his friends from time to time, even though he cares about them. He does love her, but he just doesn't know exactly how to show it. How are you so unknown to this???
Imagine being this ignorant regarding Cartman's modus operandi. This isn't an instance of Cartman's troubled displays of affection or self-discovery, he has a clear goal in mind concerning Heidi, and it doesn't involve any kind of concern for her wellfare.
He can't bring himself to end the relationship and thus giving Heidi freedom of choice, she's a property and so Cartman can't stand the idea of his belongings moving on to other people. Cartman thinks of Heidi as a tool that exists with the only purpose of being at his disposition to offer him constant attention and validation, nothing more, nothing less.

Simultaneously, Cartman can't stand Heidi, because she doesn't fit the description of Cartman's ideal image of her. Naturally, Heidi isn't the tool Cartman expects her to be, she is an human being with her own individual needs. Whereas Cartman looks for a relationship where he is the center of attention, never giving anything in return, and a partner willing to follow him blindly against all the odds, without him having to worry about losing their support; Heidi looks for a functional, healthy romantic relationship, were all the parties involved contribute their part. Cartman is unwilling to fulfill this role, because doing so would position him as an equal of Heidi's, which means, to him, degrade him from his high-entity status.

The only way for Cartman to get rid of Heidi satisfactorily is to banish her from existence, and thus ensuring his dominance over her. She will no longer be there to annoy him, but she won't have the possibility to choose anyone else over him.

EDIT: The perpetrator reporting the victim's disappearance to the authorities, is a very common criminal tactic that pretends to play the victim in order to deflect the blame from one's own. Otherwise, Cartman would have been the main suspect, given they hay planned to go out together earlier, with witnesses who could testify who was the last person Heidi was seen with.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:24 am

Jackstanbrah7 wrote:
Hmm, maybe when he threatened to commit suicide unless they got back together
You think this is a display of his concern for her? It is not. It is pure selfishness.
Jackstanbrah7 wrote:
maybe when he went straight to the cops after he ditched her in the woods (even though he could have just left her there, and forgot about it)
That only covers his own guilt in her abduction. Did you not see when he was hiding behind the tree trunk and the witch showed up, he said "Sweet. Come on, come on." Do I have to explain why he said that?

As for filing the police report, as Officer Rick asked, "you didn't stop at all to think that what you were doing might attract a witch?" A despicable person would lure demise to his partner any way he can. Cartman chose costumes and a walk together alone through a forest fraught with danger, then went to the police to report it, leaving out his part in the demise.

Must I go over the episode with you again? No? Well, too bad, 'cause I'm going to. When Cartman was at the table with the other boys, he glared at Heidi for making him late to the pumpkin patch. When Butters said "We've got to do something to get rid of her!" Cartman heard "We've got to do something to get rid of Heidi!" and he replied "Yes. You're right, guys. It's my only way out."

When Cartman went to Kyle's house with his plans to get rid of Heidi:
"Okay, first of all, we need a scary place to lure her into. What is the creepiest place in town? Ross Dress for Less, that's right. Stan and Kyle will wait inside the Ross Dress for Less, and I will bring Heidi there. Once inside, Kenny and Butters will set off a series of explosions that will-" ... "This is how we're going to get rid of Heidi."
Jackstanbrah7 wrote:
maybe it was when he balled his eyes out at Token's doorstep after they broke up. Are you sure you're paying attention?
As the press release said, no amount of peer pressure will get Heidi to break up with Cartman, so Cartman crying that Heidi broke up with him is patently false. He's got something else in mind, and we'll find out what it is in two days.

Now, read this quote from the post above mine again.
Hailcoaster wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:27 pm
Simultaneously, Cartman can't stand Heidi, because she doesn't fit the description of Cartman's ideal image of her. Naturally, Heidi isn't the tool Cartman expects her to be, she is an human being with her own individual needs. Whereas Cartman looks for a relationship where he is the center of attention, never giving anything in return, and a partner willing to follow him blindly against all the odds, without him having to worry about losing their support; Heidi looks for a functional, healthy romantic relationship, were all the parties involved contribute their part. Cartman is unwilling to fulfill this role, because doing so would position him as an equal of Heidi's, which means, to him, degrade him from his high-entity status.
As we saw in "White People Renovating Houses," Heidi is not the subservient helper he thought she would be. He found Alexa much more to his liking than Heidi could ever be.

Jackstanbrah7 wrote:
Just a side note, this is the same kid who wanted to kill his mother, even though he cares deeply for her. Not to mention him wanting to kill most of his friends from time to time, even though he cares about them. He does love her, but he just doesn't know exactly how to show it. How are you so unknown to this???
Now you're just proving how twisted Cartman's thinking is. No normal person would kill someone he cares for. A psychopath, on the other hand...

Either your thinking is as twisted as Cartman's is, or you've never been in a real relationship.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Hannafechik98

Postby Hannafechik98 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 am

What if Kyle is somehow, trying to protect Heidi from Cartman’s abuse?
Hailcoaster

Postby Hailcoaster » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:59 am

Hannafechik98 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 am
Well I mean, that's the general consensus.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:17 am

Hannafechik98 wrote:
Maybe Kyle will get a new girlfriend in this episode, making him understand Cartman and Heidi's relationship.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:28 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:17 am
Maybe Kyle will get a new girlfriend in this episode, making him understand Cartman and Heidi's relationship.
That won't do it. Kyle thinking like Cartman could do it, but why the hell would Kyle want to think like his nemesis Cartman does?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Hailcoaster

Postby Hailcoaster » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:31 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:17 am
Hannafechik98 wrote:
There's nothing else for Kyle to understand. He knows exactly what's going on with Cartman and Heidi's dynamic.
'You don't understand cause you've never had a girlfriend, Kyle!' doesn't mean anything, it was a Cartman-mentality ridden point: Cartman thinks it's reasonable for him to react the way he does to the situation, and that anyone in his place would do the same, when he couldn't be further from the truth. Every point Cartman has made so far to defend his position is the result of the twisted perception he has of his surroundings.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:25 am

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:46 am
This is NOT good for the Heiman lovers. Very bad indeed.
Well, at least it's good for the Kyle+Cartman shippers :lol:
He is the record!
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:49 am

I'm getting sick of all the relationship talk. Whether it be Tweek and Craig or Cartman and Heidi. When did this show become a relationship drama? This is all people talk about regarding the show now :lol: Pretty sure they said they wanted to go back to the classic stories like Cartman messing with Butters. Obviously not literally, but what they meant was just simple, fun stories. But so far we've just gotten Charlottesville (I don't know what that thing was about anyway), North Korea + more relationship drama :roll: white privledge, a 20 minute video game trailer and THEN a classic, pretty good episode. Even though it's probably supposed to be commenting on some drug craze right now, it can just be taken as a funny thing of comparing a retirement home to jail, and that Marcus kid was pretty fun to watch.

Of course I still liked Holiday Special and Sons a Witches. And I enjoyed Put it Down, it's just the relationship drama that was a bit annoying, but I suppose it didn't bring the episode down a lot.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
DogPoo44

Postby DogPoo44 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Does anyone think Kyle will try to steal Heidi from Eric??

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”