*2108: Moss Piglets* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Yogofu

Re: *2108: Moss Piglets* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Yogofu » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:11 am

Hannafechik98 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 am
What could he do that’s just as twisted as his most infamous stunt. (You know which one. Season 5 episode 4)
I cant be the only one who wants him to go that Deep again right? As disturbing as that EP was.. it was Cartman at his best. Or maybe Heidi will be the new Overlord of doing disturbing crap?

At first i didnt like what Cartman did to Heidi... my former best friend was in a relationship that was displayed in the end of Doubling Down and it ended in her killing herself (so iam kinda biased in that direction) but Heidi seems to be surpassing Cartman at an alarming Rate (both in Body Mass and being a dick.. or pussycat). I hope the plan they have for Heidi is a good one and doesnt end in her being dead. I like Heidi and i want her to become Normal after some time.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:06 am

Yogofu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:11 am
Hannafechik98 wrote:
What could he do that’s just as twisted as his most infamous stunt. (You know which one. Season 5 episode 4)
I cant be the only one who wants him to go that Deep again right? As disturbing as that EP was.. it was Cartman at his best. Or maybe Heidi will be the new Overlord of doing disturbing crap?

At first i didnt like what Cartman did to Heidi... my former best friend was in a relationship that was displayed in the end of Doubling Down and it ended in her killing herself (so iam kinda biased in that direction) but Heidi seems to be surpassing Cartman at an alarming Rate (both in Body Mass and being a dick.. or pussycat). I hope the plan they have for Heidi is a good one and doesnt end in her being dead. I like Heidi and i want her to become Normal after some time.
This is so sad to read. may your friend rest in peace. On another board, I read of a couple of people write that they didn't enjoy the previous episode because it "hit too close to home".

I have always thought of South Park as a theatrical work in the form of a cartoon rather than just a cartoon, so to me this "dark" development feels ok, it's still art, only of a different kind.

Imho (but that's my way of seeing things, I don't want to tell people how they should feel) it doesn't matter per se whether the characters live or not, i'm more interested in what message the show can convey because Kyle, Stan and the others are not real people, they don't exist.
Last edited by mario88 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He is the record!
MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Yogofu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:11 am
Hannafechik98 wrote:

How is Cartman gonna fix Heidi then?
Heiman forever! Favourite OTP since Season 20! <3
Yogofu

Postby Yogofu » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:16 pm

MichaelTanzerCanada wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:08 pm

He wont. Or he finally grows some balls and breaks up with her. Making her Normal after she did some Crazy sh*t to release her Anger and Hate :P
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Yogofu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:16 pm

He wont. Or he finally grows some balls and breaks up with her. Making her Normal after she did some Crazy sh*t to release her Anger and Hate :P
If Cartman does break up with her, he'll probably just get back together with her after she's back to normal.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:26 pm

SouthAl93 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:16 pm
Yogofu wrote:

If Cartman does break up with her, he'll probably just get back together with her after she's back to normal.
Well now that you mention it, How is Heidi gonna get back to Normal? Right?
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:57 am

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:26 pm
SouthAl93 wrote:
Yogofu wrote:

Like I told you on Facebook Michael, the girls should just learn how to get used to Heidi dating Cartman.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:06 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:57 am
SouthAl93 wrote:

Like I told you on Facebook Michael, the girls should just learn how to get used to Heidi dating Cartman.
Definitely but you’re absolutely right.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:09 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Yogofu wrote:

MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:37 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:09 am
SouthAl93 wrote:

You’re absolutely right.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 am
JVM wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:40 am
Theresa = Kyle = The 'Trailer Park' thing reeks of Kenny, but she's also the one doing most of the arguing with Heidi
Isla = Kenny = Heidi makes a big deal because she spoke, similar to how Kenny rarely speaks, and Cartman has called him on it.
But Cartman never says Kenny has something profound to say. He'd save that for Kyle, like Heidi did for Isla: "Oh, looks like Isla has something to say, you guys. Hold on, I'm sure this is going to be really profound."

The first press image did make it into the episode, but the classroom was totally changed and a few items in the pic were replaced with different items.
In terms of how Heidi responds to them, you're one hundred percent absolutely correct.

In terms of how they behave themselves, I'm not so sure. Theresa is getting the 'Trailer Park' treatment and Isla the accusations of being 'profound', but Isla seems more quiet and soft-spoken here (in contrast to last week, heh) while Theresa is the one who is willing to engage Heidi despite being told to ignore her.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen the credits - are any other women listed? I was thinking Theresa didn't sound like April or Mona.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Elise Gabriel
Jessica Makinson
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:23 pm
Elise Gabriel
Jessica Makinson
I knew it. Elise Gabriel was Theresa, I'd put money on it. Also means that there are three different VA's at work during the girls' bus stop scene.
The first press image did make it into the episode, but the classroom was totally changed and a few items in the pic were replaced with different items.
I forgot about this one, but I think the background is Jimmy's Room, not the classroom. It's probably a re-used scene all the same - I'm actually really glad we got to see the Special Ed classroom and think it was a good idea to move it there.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Welp, it looks like Fat Heidi might be permanently or not, but who knows right?
hubengard

Postby hubengard » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:10 pm

This episode gets me worried, I really don't like the way Heidi evolves, both physically and morally.

This was actually the worst case scenario for me when I saw the Cartman-Heidi relationship unfold before my eyes for the first time: "Heidi becomes nothing but a genderbent Cartman clone", and now it has some (a lot of) chances that it might happen. One fat, evil villain is already enough imo :?

I hope that this season's last episodes eventually do so as Heidi doesn't become like that, and doesn't end up like an eternal slug like her male counterpart :/
Mildly asocial fella from France.

My Twitter's there (please do not stalk me, my life's not interesting) : https://twitter.com/AudiseusLSJ

Favourite character : Butters
Political preferences : En Marche! (FR) • Democrats (US)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”