Is it possible to not belong to any political party?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Hannafechik98

Is it possible to not belong to any political party?

Postby Hannafechik98 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 pm

I’m honestly starting to get fed up with the liberal vs conservative problem. The question is, what caused the democrat-republican separation anyway? Politics are just a hard thing to understand, aren’t they?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Is it possible to not belong to any political party?

Postby Big-Will » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:26 am

It is. Be non-partisan. There are times when you won't be able to vote because ballots are mailed to members of one party or another, and there are times you'll get a ballot but won't be able to vote on the candidates because you're non-partisan and wouldn't vote for them anyway.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:58 am

I'm around 57% with the Republican party now but had been more Working Families before. Still I don't like any one party. I'm only like around 50% with Trump and 25% Hillary. You should spend a couple of hours doing the quiz at isidewith.com that way you can see where you fall in politics. I'd like the people to get to vote more and for us to use the representatives less.

The big story is the Florida school shooting rate now and gun control. Not sure how that will go. I don't think much will change with our gun laws. Also the rally and march to Washington will probably turn into a giant anarchist riot, where there is vandalism, rape, and murder. People love that Emma Gonzalez but she seems dangerous. Not sure what will happen with her but I see someone to fear. Antifa is already going to the march, I think there will have to be a heavy police and National Guard presence, if not, Trump didn't do his job.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Hannafechik98

Postby Hannafechik98 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:20 am

Of course Trump didn’t do his job.

I’m pretty much anti-gun for citizenship. I also fear for the safety of children who get their hands on them.

There’s all these upsetting stories:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... ting-kids/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oGCKFzGAfQ0

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 462f02c9a6

I don’t mean to sound harsh but, how could people be so careless? How many people is it going to take to make a change?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Hannafechik98 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 pm
The question is, what caused the democrat-republican separation anyway?
Basically, the role of the federal government in people's lives. Should the federal government be strong so it can unify the nation or should the focus of power be the individual states. This basic split happened early on. The Federalists wanted the stronger national government. The Democratic-Republicans wanted stronger state governments. Two centuries of shifting allegiances and name changing later, we get the present two-party system.
Hannafechik98 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 pm
Politics are just a hard thing to understand, aren’t they?
What's hard is finding information that isn't pushing an agenda. Especially now when objective reality doesn't seem to matter any more. There is some weird, disturbing sh*t going on in American politics right now. I can understand not wanting to be affiliated with the party of corporate fascism or the party of sucking your own thumb.

You read it! You can't unread it!
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:38 am

Technically, yes. You can be a conservative and not belong to the Republican Party. You can be a liberal and not belong to the Democratic Party. You can belong to no party at all. By doing so, you would be considered an independent voter.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:55 am

I voted for John Cox for the Primary. I hope California can replace having a Democrat as Governor for a Republican. It will be Gavin Newsom VS John Cox. I think Newsom will win but you never know. Cox's platform is very similar to Trump's and Trump has voiced support of Cox. California just needs to start to get rid of the wasteful spending and stop allowing migrants in. Our country has a huge debt that we need to address yesterday as well.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
EsmagaSapos

Postby EsmagaSapos » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:29 pm

I'm f*cking surprised, well not really, of what TV makes people believe, mostly in the United States.

Who told you that you should belong to any party, religion or any other f*cking thing?

All those bullshits started in first place because of the biggest need every human being have: integration.

I will quote someone I love, and that helped me and continues helping:

I don't know anything. I think we try to be experts because we're scared, we don't want to fell foolish or worthless. We want power because power is a great disguise.

You might don't know, but Matt and Trey made a cartoon video about a zen teacher long ago, before they started making South Park, I recommend you search for that video, might open your mind about our role and the point of living, that is merely playful, you should sing and dance, is a musical thing, there is no destination for you to arrive at.

Lose vanity and the sense of integration, that's something Matt and Trey in my opinion don't have and you can see that since they started South Park.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:36 am

Either way, left or right, you're getting sh*t swung at you.
EdSnyder

Postby EdSnyder » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 am

Big-Will wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:26 am
It is. Be non-partisan. There are times when you won't be able to vote because ballots are mailed to members of one party or another, and there are times you'll get a ballot but won't be able to vote on the the dbol reviews how much phen q to take candidates because you're non-partisan and wouldn't vote for them anyway.
I'm a non-partisan and I never vote. Although soemtimes I feel bad as the candidate I could have voted for is a deserving one, but still I prefer not to support any political party.
Last edited by EdSnyder on Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:41 am

Democrat. Republican. They are BOTH wings of the same white supremacist bird.
EsmagaSapos

Postby EsmagaSapos » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Milo Vonnegut wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:41 am
Democrat. Republican. They are BOTH wings of the same white supremacist bird.
Ignorance of you honey. There are no longer black or white people, only rich and poor people owners of multinational companies.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:20 am

Both sides of the spectrum have had their share of people who scare the hell out of me. To be more specific, it would be the extremist propaganda spewers that do it.

One side may point the finger at the other for conjuring up all sorts of stories and tactics in order to incite or scare the public, but who's to say that those pointing fingers aren't doing the same thing themselves, only for their own intents, purposes and benefits?

I just want to live in this country without fear of what some crackpot has to say to alarm us. You have your extremists, I became a casualist.
Jia28

Postby Jia28 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi,
People like you, who don't support any party but the issues they handle and who they like politics without getting influenced by any party's manifesto can make great Political Critics.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”