If you could be friends with any character, who would it be?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Milo Vonnegut

If you could be friends with any character, who would it be?

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:00 pm

If you could be friends with any character, who would it be and why?

For me, it would be Butter because he's a cool dude.
triplemultiplex

Re: If you could be friends with any character, who would it be?

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:06 pm

Thinking about this through the eyes of myself as a 4th Grader and what kind of kid I was.

I think just about anyone would get along with Butters, so naturally he's an option. He'll go along with pretty much anything and do so enthusiastically. He's a follower, but at the same time, he's not shy about anything.

I have more in common with Kyle today, but I don't know how well that would've worked when I was 10. I'm afraid I would've been just another kid growing tired of his "gay little speeches".
Besides, Kyle and Stan are bff's and between those two, I think I'd feel like a third wheel. Stan wears his emotions on his sleeve which matches Kyle's innate empathy. They're both smart and observant in ways that I also was, but they have the confidence to articulate what they are seeing and why it's messed up. I didn't.

Fatass has a way of getting people to go along with him on stupid things. I may have been vulnerable to that when I was that young. My inner Butters would be drawn toward Cartman's confidence in his own bullsh*t. I would also be able to dominate him in anything remotely athletic, and that would cause Fatass to whine and bitch and moan and make up rules that only apply to him. I'd get sick of that pretty quick and not want to play with him.

Then there's Kenny. With the insights we have on the McKormicks, I'm sometimes surprised Kenny's not the one bullying the rest of the gang. Because he hasn't, that means he has probably the strongest character of any boy in South Park. Like Butters, Kenny is game for just about anything, but unlike Butters, he's not going to take any sh*t from anyone. He's got the street smarts that I didn't really have. Kenny kind of reminds me of one of my actual friends grow up. The respawn superpower might come in handy, too. I think I'd become friends with Kenny.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:22 pm

When I was a child, I kind of picked my friends build on usefulness and convenience. So I had school friends and neighborhood friends. The school friends were just kids I sat with at lunch or had class with or played with at recess to pass the time. Then there were the neighborhood friends. Those ones were easier to see and I could travel to their homes and them to mine easier. They were good for playing outside and sleepovers.

If I could pick now who to be friends with, I think I'd want to be friends with... I still can't pick, it would have to be whoever lived closest to me.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
RLarissa

Postby RLarissa » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:55 pm

When I was a kid, there were two kinds of people for me: the ones who play piano and those who don't. When I stopped my piano studies at the age of 12, it became a problem. But I had an ability to listen to and to understand personal issues of students who were more like Tweek. So I think this would be my case.
I do not perceive characters as true individuals, this question put me out.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”