Are Stan, Kyle and Kenny actually friends with Cartman?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

RushZoneXD

Are Stan, Kyle and Kenny actually friends with Cartman?

Postby RushZoneXD » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:27 pm

Why do the other 3 boys let Cartman in their friend group? They are very quick to exclude other kids, like Clyde and Butters, but they usually include Cartman wherever they go even though he is the least popular kid at South Park. It just confuses me as to why they would include Cartman, considering Stan and Kyle are generally well liked by their peers and care very much about staying popular, so why then would they include Cartman?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Are Stan, Kyle and Kenny actually friends with Cartman?

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:35 pm

They're the first to tell you "NO! We're NOT friends with him!" but they've been together since kindergarten, so they're used to him being in their group by now.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:21 am

I think they find Cartman funny. Cartman never seems at odds with Stan. He is usually fighting with Kyle and rarely Kenny. Friendship circles can be like the way the four boys have it but of course things wouldn't be as crazy. Most people and stories about people who had childhood friends tell it that they all go different ways. Seems like only Stan and Kyle would graduate High School and would be the only ones able to attend college. So there would be different paths. Kenny has shown he would work but Cartman... Cartman is lazy and useless but he also at times is able to function in a business sense. Either way, the boys would move on from each other. Still, kids just fall into social groups depended on who their neighbors are and the way things play out at school. In real life Cartman would be controllable.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
mario88

Postby mario88 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 pm

yes and no. but if i have to give a straight answer, then it's no.

they hang out together, so i guess they are friends with him, in a way. but even the simple fact that they call him by his last name, makes me think they want to keep him at a distance.

he's that kind of person who can put the spark to an adventure, like stifler in american pie. but all in all, stan kyle and kenny don't consider him a friend in the full meaning of the term, if at all.

when he's possessed by kenny (sort of), stan and kyle don't even know whether to pay him a visit to the hospital or not and ask to chef for advise.
He is the record!

Return to “Character Discussion”