S23E04: "Let Them Eat Goo" preshow discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S23E04: "Let Them Eat Goo" preshow discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:19 am

Episode 2304 - Let Them Eat Goo

Cartman has a heart attack. The citizens of South Park are moving toward a completely plant-based diet. Cartman is pretty sure the new food in the cafeteria gave him a heart attack.

How do we sell more weed?
Randy sits the family down to talk about the family business.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JamesPolo

Re: S23E04: "Let Them Eat Goo" preshow discussion

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:32 am

Well Rush Limbaugh says all fake meat products use coconut oil as the added fat to make them taste good. Wonder if that is in the episode?
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:52 am

JamesPolo wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:32 am
Well Rush Limbaugh says all fake meat products use coconut oil as the added fat to make them taste good. Wonder if that is in the episode?
Like I trust Rush Limbaugh for anything scientific! :cartmanevillaugh:

Fact Check: Beyond Meat’s Beyond Chicken (Southwest Style Strips):

Ingredients

Water,
non-GMO soy protein isolate,
pea protein isolate,
amaranth,
vegan chicken flavor (maltodextrin, yeast extract, salt, natural flavoring, sunflower oil),
non-GMO expeller-pressed canola oil (unhealthy no matter what you do to it to make it palatable),
non-GMO soy fiber,
carrot fiber,
white vinegar,
spices,
garlic extract,
salt,
onion extract,
evaporated cane juice,
dipotassium phosphate,
titanium dioxide (for color),
potassium chloride,
paprika extract.

No coconut oil found

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:30 pm

Looks like Randy is now going to sell his marijuana or hemp as plant based meat to the town to boost profit. Not a bad idea but wouldn't that get everyone high?

I can think of two reasons Cartman has a heart attack. The first is the marijuana did it and the second is while everyone else switched to plant based meats, Cartman had stocked up on real meat and binge eating it till he does have a heart attack. It could be while struggling at lunch and stuffing himself with meat, he takes one little bite to prove a point of plant based meat and has the heart attack and blames the fake meat.

The title makes me think of the goobacks. Are the goobacks in this episode?

Wonder if there will be scenes of all the unkilled animals and how their population is exploding and they are farting and burping and causing pollution? Maybe the goobacks return to South Park to warn their actions caused some sort of catastrophe in the future?

Well I think it was like 10 days ago Rush Limbaugh was talking about plant based meats on his radio talk show and mentioned coconut oil. If you look it up coconut oil can cause heart attacks so maybe I'm right and it is a plot? A third reason Cartman has a heart attack is the coconut oil!
https://news.iheart.com/featured/rush-l ... d-burgers/

Has anyone even tried those fast food meatless burgers? They sound gross. I've had beyond products and their okay but I would never want them to eat.
Last edited by JamesPolo on Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:20 pm

The Press Release shows a guy with a bowler cap and pipe, might be a detective type. Wonder how he ties into the episode? He looks part Sherlock Holmes and part Indiana Jones. He seems to be the new chef at the school or is pretending to be one to discover something. Would Cartman of hired him to find out why he had a heart attack or is there going to be a mystery in the town of South Park?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:04 pm

JamesPolo wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:20 pm
Would Cartman of hired him to find out why he had a heart attack?
Since you've read the press release, you know the answer already
Cartman is pretty sure the new food in the cafeteria gave him a heart attack.

JVM

Postby JVM » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:52 am

As soon as the title came out in discord, we were joking about a plant-based food ep, and I joked with the obsession with Randy, he'd probably be making plant-based food from hemp... I wish I'd been wrong, honestly, but it's a bit better than the first few episodes' jokes with him, and it's so nice to see Randy and Gerald hanging out again. It's been a couple season since they really spoke directly!

Seeing the boys in the cafeteria again makes me think back to Chef, but I'm not expecting a real nod. Here's hoping Cartman's adventure involves the other three boys coming in tow with him. ("Whatever happened to the FOUR of us?") No clue what this new chef's deal is. He's in a detective outfit under his chef outfit. Maybe he's going undercover to investigate Cartman's claim the food gave him a heart attack? I'm a little skeptical that he's the one who caused it... of course, I think background shots have implied a lunch lady in recent seasons, after a few Mr. Derp cameos, so who knows?

I'm seeing shades of s14's "Creme Fraiche", s15's "Ass Burgers" and s18's "Gluten Free Ebola", so I'm not as intrigued as I could be, but it does look more promising than two of the last three episodes did, so here's hoping it's a good one.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Well I'm pretty sure we all know the 'plant-based diet' everyone is trying out is going to be hemp products cultivated by Randy. I am disappointed to see Sharon, Stan, and Shelley back on the farm. I thought they left for good last week! That they weren't coming back until Randy gave up the farm. I was all ready for some fun antics of the three of them living back at the old house or an apartment or motel room or something while Randy is doing his weed thing. Hardly realizes they're gone. Once again the premise is set up to have the S crew (not gonna type their names out yet again) living elsewhere, doing their own thing but it doesn't last long. Like it was in Ass Burgers. Like Matt and Trey don't want to have the family separated from Randy too long. Damn.

Wonder if Cartman really does have a heart attack. Not that I'd care too much since it's now back-to-back Cartman plots! Grrrr!!! :x

I wonder what Matt and Trey are referring to as 'goo' for this one. And they already went after both vegetarians and vegans in the show. What else could they say with those groups?

Again, feeling meh about this one but hoping it ends up better than it sounds. *sigh*
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:11 am

Wouldn't be the first time Fatass has faked an illness to get what he wants, so it wouldn't surprise me if his "heart attack" is a lie.

The guys are out there in LA where they are constantly surrounded by the latest fad diets, so it's no surprise that stuff is making its way into the show. They already had some fun with the gluten free fad a few years ago. Why not give these fake meats a good ribbing? (Pun intended.)

You read it! You can't unread it!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:28 pm

JamesPolo wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:30 pm
Looks like Randy is now going to sell his marijuana or hemp as plant based meat to the town to boost profit. Not a bad idea but wouldn't that get everyone high?

I can think of two reasons Cartman has a heart attack. The first is the marijuana did it and the second is while everyone else switched to plant based meats, Cartman had stocked up on real meat and binge eating it till he does have a heart attack. It could be while struggling at lunch and stuffing himself with meat, he takes one little bite to prove a point of plant based meat and has the heart attack and blames the fake meat.

The title makes me think of the goobacks. Are the goobacks in this episode?

Wonder if there will be scenes of all the unkilled animals and how their population is exploding and they are farting and burping and causing pollution? Maybe the goobacks return to South Park to warn their actions caused some sort of catastrophe in the future?

Well I think it was like 10 days ago Rush Limbaugh was talking about plant based meats on his radio talk show and mentioned coconut oil. If you look it up coconut oil can cause heart attacks so maybe I'm right and it is a plot? A third reason Cartman has a heart attack is the coconut oil!
https://news.iheart.com/featured/rush-l ... d-burgers/

Has anyone even tried those fast food meatless burgers? They sound gross. I've had beyond products and their okay but I would never want them to eat.
There are some varieties of marijuana with little to no thc, that would not get you high. I know that because it's the only kind legal here in Italy, I tried it and it was a waste of money. :D
He is the record!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”