S23E04: "Let Them Eat Goo" postshow discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: S23E04: "Let Them Eat Goo" postshow discussion

Postby Big-Will » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:57 am

Milo Vonnegut wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:36 am
JVM wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:38 am
Is the Goo Man a reference to something? He had a very dark, foreboding sense about him but it didn't travel anywhere. Is he a parody of something I should know? Some '80's movie? With another character named H. W.? It felt like they were building for him to be a villain but that's not exactly where the plot left off.
The "Goo Man" is an homage to Daniel Plainview from "There Will Be Blood". In that, Daniel is a ruthless oil tycoon who will do just about anything - including murder - to insure that his oil company is successful. "H.W." is a reference to H.W. Plainview, Daniel's adopted son in the movie.

There Will Be Blood Movie Trailer

I think this homage is paralleling Randy's own ruthlessness with his Tegridy business.
If this forum would make use of reactions the way social media sites do, I would have given your post a Like or a Love reaction. Instead, I have to reply. :)

And cite you in my Secrets.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Wirxaw

Postby Wirxaw » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:27 pm

Yuuuup, more politics, how very fun! Freedom of speech, ecology, trash food... Oh, right, it's about Tegridy farms and we are supposed to care. Sure, Cartman's final monologue is finally a bit of refreshment and almost a " I 'member" about the old #whatIlearnedtoday. But the rest of the episode is... yaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Well, all except that cow slaughtering part that reminded me of Scandinavian comedy. I won't find the link, but there was a movie, which was supposed to be a comedy, where some guy that smuggles guns or something - had to go through a farm. So he, being anxious and all, is disturbed by a cow looking "weird" at him, and he shoots it. The farm owner arrives with his dualbarrel, and they, after a brief standoff, decide to try all of the smuggler's guns at killing the cows. Something like that, it was supposed to be funny.

And no, by no means do I object this violence, it's just that... when it was Imaginationland, where they took an eye out, peed there and only then killed a victim - that was more or less... creative. But here... ha-ha, they were stoned. For the umpteenth time in this Tegridy Farms season, and that's just a 4th episode... Very creative.
inuyasha_demon

Postby inuyasha_demon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:27 pm

I thought it was a very good episode, and laughed at the ending of it. I hope they can top it when the next episode airs. I never was keen/big on the whole Impossible Meat stuff anyway. I think the guy who worked at the BK also was a worker for the movie theatre I think.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:04 am

inuyasha_demon wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:27 pm
I thought it was a very good episode, and laughed at the ending of it. I hope they can top it when the next episode airs. I never was keen/big on the whole Impossible Meat stuff anyway. I think the guy who worked at the BK also was a worker for the movie theatre I think.
Yes, he was. He also looks like the Squirts leader, Schlomo, except that Schlomo has acne while Rick and the Bijou ticket clerk only have one mole by the right nostril.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”