*1001: The Return of Chef*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Stovepipe_Jam
Posts: 4611
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:45 pm

prefertoremainanonymous wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:his is coming from a violence fanatic who once spent half of his time on Ogrish.com, BTW. :shock:


that website is dark....

some of the stuff from that site is just inhumane and grotesque...how you can compare it south park i dont know...but yeah....sick sick website...


Yah. I don't really visit there anymore, as I have found better uses for my time. :D Go me.
prefertoremainanonymous
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:11 pm

Postby prefertoremainanonymous » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:00 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:
prefertoremainanonymous wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:his is coming from a violence fanatic who once spent half of his time on Ogrish.com, BTW. :shock:


that website is dark....

some of the stuff from that site is just inhumane and grotesque...how you can compare it south park i dont know...but yeah....sick sick website...


Yah. I don't really visit there anymore, as I have found better uses for my time. :D Go me.


good for you, better uses for your time? posting on the south park forums being one of those many uses?.... :lol:

there is a video off ogrish being sent around on phones, of a pig being chainsawed up...not the nicest if i am honest..:? ..reminds me a lot of a film i saw today, tarentino's "hostel"...very brutal.
Image
Stovepipe_Jam
Posts: 4611
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:04 pm

:idea:
Last edited by Stovepipe_Jam on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
prefertoremainanonymous
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:11 pm

Postby prefertoremainanonymous » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:18 pm

ok....
Image
Misty_Park_3R
Posts: 1194
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:36 am

Postby Misty_Park_3R » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:02 pm

prefertoremainanonymous wrote:there is a video off ogrish being sent around on phones, of a pig being chainsawed up...not the nicest if i am honest..:? ..reminds me a lot of a film i saw today, tarentino's "hostel"...very brutal.


At one time Tarentino was on the top of my favorite director list, but this last flick, I couldn't even watch the commercial advertising the movie.

BTW, I've seen a chainsaw used to cut up a pig in person. Of course, the insides were removed and the fur boiled then scraped off prior to the chainsaw splitting; they were cleaning it for cooking. I cannot eat meat if I see it slaughtered. It would be a disgusting, stinky mess (especially because of the pig’s bladder) if they just cut one up randomly.
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
SPF4L#1
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 6:58 pm

Postby SPF4L#1 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:17 am

Grizim wrote:See KSWF and the other guy who said something, it's kind of like the controversy of freedom of speach. A person says something outrageous or abnormal (you guys), then another person complains about what the "offender" said (I would be the complainer). Then, the offender flips out even move and complains about the fact that the complainer is complaining about what the offender originally said (wow what a mouthfull, but hopefully you understand what I'm saying). So in short, the offender is using his/her right to free speach, and the complainer is using his/her right to free speach too by whining. And the offender is using his/her right to free speach again when he/she complains about what the original complainer said. You're entitled to your opinion, but I am too, and if I feel like attacking you because of your thoughts I sure as hell will. Why? Because I'm an immature gothy pants who doesn't know any better, and the worst part is that I'm proud of it.


1 - It isn't "whining". Please learn the definition.
2 - The difference between our free speech and your free speech is that ours is perfectly within reason, whereas yours is completely irrational and more likely to get deleted.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
Grizim
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:57 pm

Postby Grizim » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:34 am

1) Metaphorically, I'm whining. I'm using the word "whine" with an exaggerated usage.

2) You're right that my free speach does look irrational. But I was never even referring to you when I complained because you said you liked the other newer episodes for the most part. I was referring to KSWF a little (but not a lot) because he said this episode was okay. It seemed though like users like him were limiting themselves from admitting that some of the newer episodes are great. If they hate one episode I understand, but if they have hated like ten episodes in a row it really does look like they're being downers, and they're raining on everyone's parades. There's my reasoning. Whether you like my reasoning or not, I am officially being rational now.

And I didn't see you people arguing with the episode haters telling the episode lovers that they're idiots. Dude you seem like one of those people whose first attack is to look intelligent, and then make the other user look like a complete retard. :lol: Yeah I don't know the definition of "whining". Making me look stupid never hurts me, man. Ignorance is a charm. The right side of my brain is 90% inactive.
Image
As enjoyable as abuse.
yourwishcometrue
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:45 am

to all naysayers

Postby yourwishcometrue » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:43 am

shut up, sparticas. this is in response to whatever douche (who will remain anonomys) is trying to tell the guys who created their own show how to run it. "come back in 5 or 6 years?" WHY? so you can come back and bitch about being sodomized in the butt and not liking the shows now? who cares if its drab some times? do you give the screaming O every time you please your old lady?- no, probably not. and if you do, you havent always. no one is perfect and for you, and for anyone, to give any advice other than kudos to these two individuals is f*cking ignorant. ignorant and retarded. its people like you that get stupid shows time on the air- stupid shows that show you what you want to see. the every day norm situations that could be better by sprinkling some fun and f*ckin sunshine on the goddamn things so people can look at their lives and go 'thats funny because thats my life- but funny- these guys, however, matt and trey, think much alike yet much different. alike to those who can look past a few bad moments for an all out good message- people who know what life is and how sh*tty it can be- and different from the likes of you.
MXl
KennyStanWendyFan
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:14 am

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:44 am

Grizim wrote:1) Metaphorically, I'm whining. I'm using the word "whine" with an exaggerated usage.

2) You're right that my free speach does look irrational. But I was never even referring to you when I complained because you said you liked the other newer episodes for the most part. I was referring to KSWF a little (but not a lot) because he said this episode was okay. It seemed though like users like him were limiting themselves from admitting that some of the newer episodes are great. If they hate one episode I understand, but if they have hated like ten episodes in a row it really does look like they're being downers, and they're raining on everyone's parades. There's my reasoning. Whether you like my reasoning or not, I am officially being rational now.

And I didn't see you people arguing with the episode haters telling the episode lovers that they're idiots. Dude you seem like one of those people whose first attack is to look intelligent, and then make the other user look like a complete retard. :lol: Yeah I don't know the definition of "whining". Making me look stupid never hurts me, man. Ignorance is a charm. The right side of my brain is 90% inactive.


I don't remember saying I hated Bloody Mary or Free Willzyx. I thought Bloody Mary was decent enough (with a funny ass ending with the pope) and Free Willzyx was good too. I may not have liked Trapped in the Closet or Ginger Kids a whole lot, but I did like Follow That Egg even though I made a big fuss over the ending. I also liked Marjorine, and despite the absence of Kenny, I liked Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow. I didn't like Erection Day, but I liked all of Season 9 before that. (Even Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina a little bit.) I wouldn't call myself a downer, I just don't praise every episode like it's the best episode ever. The show's still good, I just don't see it ever topping whatever my favorite episode was a few years ago, if that makes sense. Also, I own Seasons 6 and 7 on DVD and I love 'em. I'm going to buy the other seasons when they come out too.
Image
Misty_Park_3R
Posts: 1194
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:36 am

Re: to all naysayers

Postby Misty_Park_3R » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:26 am

yourwishcometrue wrote:...do you give the screaming O every time you please your old lady?- no, probably not. and if you do, you havent always. no one is perfect...
What I am about to say is completely off topic, even though your metaphor was right on the money.

You cannot put all the pressure on the guy to make the big O happen, if the "old lady" doesn't try to work a little for it or even want the O, it's not going to happen anyway.
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
randyguyngal4
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:38 am

Postby randyguyngal4 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:51 am

Just watched the episode again (fourth time), and it's still sheer genius. I loved the fact that when Chef craps out his ass as he dies, there's a STICK that comes out with all the sh*t. LOL Of course, I find that Mr. Garrison is now Mrs. Garrison (a la The Facts of Life) hilarious as well, so sue me.

Lastly, Chef Vader just sounds cooler than Darth Chef to me. Of course, the folks who point out that the usage is wrongare probably the ones who point out that there are 79 episodes of Star Trek, too. :D
RacheyraE
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:42 pm

Postby RacheyraE » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:15 am

randyguyngal4 wrote:Just watched the episode again (fourth time), and it's still sheer genius. I loved the fact that when Chef craps out his ass as he dies, there's a STICK that comes out with all the sh*t. LOL Of course, I find that Mr. Garrison is now Mrs. Garrison (a la The Facts of Life) hilarious as well, so sue me.

Lastly, Chef Vader just sounds cooler than Darth Chef to me. Of course, the folks who point out that the usage is wrongare probably the ones who point out that there are 79 episodes of Star Trek, too. :D

I don't know if I'd call it sheer genius.
Tweeks_Coffee
Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:14 pm

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:30 am

There's a huge difference between saying what you didn't like about an episode and just hating an episode. Some people seem to be missing this point. I'll say until the day I day that I hated the way they killed Chef, but the episode itself was still good. It's the same with 901, I hated what they did to Kyle, but there were definitely good parts mixed in there too, just none for Kyle. Just because people didn't particularly like an aspect of an episode, and may rant on about it, doesn't necessarily mean that they hated the episode. Can we try to remember that all these posts are opionion based? Not everybody is going to love every single thing that South Park produces. For example: if you like Erection Day, than good for you, but I hated it. It's just different tastes people, learn to live with differing opinions, otherwise we're in for a long season on this board.
Image
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18870
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Postby Big-Will » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:25 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:Personally, I was sickened by the way Chef was disposed of. This is coming from a violence fanatic who once spent half of his time on Ogrish.com, BTW. :shock:

And I don't mean the outraged type of sickening, which I like. I mean the pathetic type. I have very little hope of the show returning to its old glory now; I just hope it doesn't get any worse in the future. :cry:

Feel free to stop watching at any time. :) We know the show won't go back to its former glory, but we're watching it move to new glory.

I really hate to clean up the language in some of these posts, but sometimes there's no choice...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nojo
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:51 am

Best ever? Sure!

Postby nojo » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:34 am

Guess I've been lurking long enough...

1. For me, and probably for all the wrong reasons, it's the best SP episode I've seen yet. (I understand if it's too self-referential for some, but after four viewings I'm still obsessed with it.) It's funny enough without the backstory, but knowing the subtext it's pure genius.

2. Chef's death disturbing? We are talking about South Park, aren't we? Anything less would have been a cop-out. (Besides, I'm still haunted by the whale on the moon -- the poor beast was an innocent bystander, and didn't deserve his fate.)

3. Geek Wars: Sorry, but I'm going with Chef Vader. I know it's technically incorrect, but that's language for you -- it just sounds better in American English, and it makes a better joke. Vader's the one being spoofed, not Maul.

4. Geek Wars II: I actually found Chef's death and resurrection more touching than the original -- we all know and love Chef, and his character going Dark resonates a lot more than Anakin.

5. For me -- and this time for all the right reasons -- I'm more impressed with SP with each new season. Trey & Matt could easily phone it in by now, but they keep honing their craft and sharpening their knives. Which shows my hand: I'm in it for the satire, and nothing beats Trey on a rant. Even when I disagree.

Speaking of which, I'm amused by all the silly flaming going on in here. I really don't care whether you agree with me or not -- what interests me are the reasons why. "This sucks" doesn't tell me anything. "This sucks because" is much more engaging.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests