*1002: Smug Alert!*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

spiritualsuicide

Postby spiritualsuicide » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:53 pm

iceiwynd wrote:Somebody on the front page thread mentioned Stan having asthma, which could be a part of it, but it was only mentioned once, in Sexual Harrasment Panda, wasn't it? Otherwise it might be a bit of a factor, I guess.

doesnt kyle have asthma too?
Merry f*cking Christmas!
AL123

Postby AL123 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:25 pm

Iron Curtain wrote:
On a side not I think somebody calculated recently the ammount of methane cows produce (more harmful than C02) Concluding that they are a significant contributor to the global warming effect So maybe we should just shoot all the cows and have one last lot of steak each Razz

Are you sure? Cows have been here on earth far longer than the industrial revolution...

Edit: Sorry about the thread hijacking...

heh well yeh but there are alot more since we eat them! Actually the ammount can be reduced with proper feeding I seem to remember. Must have been a good article it stuck in my head!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:27 pm

spiritualsuicide wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:Somebody on the front page thread mentioned Stan having asthma, which could be a part of it, but it was only mentioned once, in Sexual Harrasment Panda, wasn't it? Otherwise it might be a bit of a factor, I guess.

doesnt kyle have asthma too?

Kyle is diabetic
Kyle's cousin Kyle has asthma
Stan and Kyle :)
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 pm

Episode Press Release:

IT’S EARTH TO “SOUTH PARK” WHEN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE PREMIERES MARCH 29 AT 10:00 P.M.* ON COMEDY CENTRAL

A disaster of epic proportions threatens the town and Stan is to blame in an all-new episode of “South Park” titled "Smug Alert!" premiering Wednesday, March 29 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.

Stan is the driving force who gets the citizens of South Park to buy hybrid cars. Just as everyone starts to feel really good about what they’re doing to help save the earth, scientists discover a stormy, dark mass accumulating over the town.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:20 pm

Sounds interesting. Time to set the VCR timer.
Stan and Kyle :)
The_Paper_Boy

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:48 pm

You know what I find stupid? If someone said this in "New Episode Ideas", the chances are (s)he'd be getting flamed right now or getting told that the idea is crap. < This paragraph is directed before nall posted the episode press release thing for this.

This episode, it sounds good. And it's going to make the Stan fans, and people against Cartman, shut up about all the episodes being about Cartman. :roll:

How many episodes has it been in a row and hasn't been about Cartman? Four episodes. And I have a feeling that it's going to be a Cartman episode next. Don't go all moany and start saying "Another Cartman episode? Give us a break, :roll:." We've heard that so many times, well, I have.
rcuomo70

Postby rcuomo70 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:21 pm

The_Paper_Boy wrote:You know what I find stupid? If someone said this in "New Episode Ideas", the chances are (s)he'd be getting flamed right now or getting told that the idea is crap. < This paragraph is directed before nall posted the episode press release thing for this.

This episode, it sounds good. And it's going to make the Stan fans, and people against Cartman, shut up about all the episodes being about Cartman. :roll:

How many episodes has it been in a row and hasn't been about Cartman? Four episodes. And I have a feeling that it's going to be a Cartman episode next. Don't go all moany and start saying "Another Cartman episode? Give us a break, :roll:." We've heard that so many times, well, I have.

people actually fight about that sh*t?
Iron Curtain

Postby Iron Curtain » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:22 pm

AL123 wrote:
Iron Curtain wrote:
On a side not I think somebody calculated recently the ammount of methane cows produce (more harmful than C02) Concluding that they are a significant contributor to the global warming effect So maybe we should just shoot all the cows and have one last lot of steak each Razz

Are you sure? Cows have been here on earth far longer than the industrial revolution...

heh well yeh but there are alot more since we eat them! Actually the ammount can be reduced with proper feeding I seem to remember. Must have been a good article it stuck in my head!

That makes sense. I believe you, then.
AL123

Postby AL123 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:49 pm

Iron Curtain wrote:
AL123 wrote:
Iron Curtain wrote:

That makes sense. I believe you, then.

Well it would be a hell of a thing to make up :P, Quick google brings up; http://www.cgfi.org/materials/articles/ ... _01_05.htm
http://www.tierramerica.net/2000/1126/acent.html
http://www.koshland-science-museum.org/ ... uses04.jsp

I read it in a more well known publication, but can't for the life of me remember what, might have even been a car magazine :lol:
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:46 am

rcuomo70 wrote:
The_Paper_Boy wrote:You know what I find stupid? If someone said this in "New Episode Ideas", the chances are (s)he'd be getting flamed right now or getting told that the idea is crap. < This paragraph is directed before nall posted the episode press release thing for this.

people actually fight about that sh*t?

Well. Duh. People are nice and immature.

I don't understand the big deal over Cartman episodes, either. How many did he have specifically to him in season nine? Die Hippie Die, The Death of Eric Cartman, and Giner Kids. Those were the only ones dealing specifically with him. Do people just like to use him as a scapegoat, or something? I don't get it.

The episode sounds more interesting now, I wonder how they're gonna pull it off.

EDIT: V Yeah, I thought it was hilarious. XD Maybe I just appreciate Jew jokes too much because I am one. Now I really can't wait for the episode.
Last edited by iceiwynd on Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:24 am

Video clip now up on the main page.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:17 am

I don't know I dont have high expectations but i guess I'l have to wait
Dude Cartman Rocks

Postby Dude Cartman Rocks » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:22 am

nall wrote:Video clip now up on the main page.

Yay! I love it!
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:26 am

Oh good, it turns out that this is going to be another Cartman episode. The preview on TV seems to have some serious overtones of Die Hippie, Die. Are they really so low on ideas?
mtdman

Postby mtdman » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:28 am

Smug Alert. My spidey senses tell me Matt and Trey will be ripping on the egos and smugness of those who have causes. IE those who like to preach to people about how to eat, what to drive, wear, etc based on their causes. PETA, the environment, etc. The big black storm cloud that gathers over the city with be a smug cloud, vs a smog cloud, and come from the fact that all of SP feels better than everyone else for driving the hybrids. As these cause-ies often do.

"It hits the fan" episdoe immediately comes to mind. Should be a nice commentary, in typical SP fashion.
Locked Threads Suck

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”