*1003: Cartoon Wars*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

UnnamedGuy

Postby UnnamedGuy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:31 am

Not to start a big debate on character personalities but am i the only one surprised that its Kyle that likes family guy and not Cartman?
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:44 am

Maybe at the end we find out that Kenny is writing for Family Guy which may explain his absence in the last episode. Maybe not.

I'm also thinking about Cartman making his own cartoon series that will make people forget about Family Guy, but Kyle wants no part of it because Cartman's cartoon has Kyle dying in every episode. So they could be ripping on their own show too! Kyle might retaliate by making his own cartoon thus leading into the race to Hollywood.
mors12

Postby mors12 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:43 am

some of the posts here are the dumbest sh*t i have ever heard. If the episode turns out anything like any of you retards have predicted then SP will be canned by the end of the year. you are not writers, you are dumb kids with horribly unimaginative minds.

God help the world if you inherit it...[
nickmaudlin

Postby nickmaudlin » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:48 am

I just saw the commercial. This episode looks excellent. Since Gerald destroyed the TV, I'm guessing it will have something to do with censorship. That's the only conclusion I can draw from adults getting involved.
nojo

Postby nojo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:57 am

mors12 wrote:you are dumb kids with horribly unimaginative minds.

And which kind of dumb kid are you?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:41 am

mors12 wrote:some of the posts here are the dumbest sh*t i have ever heard. If the episode turns out anything like any of you retards have predicted then SP will be canned by the end of the year. you are not writers, you are dumb kids with horribly unimaginative minds.

God help the world if you inherit it...[

Welcome to the board. :D
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:29 pm

nojo wrote:
Aym_Dand wrote:Anyone who disagrees is wrong. And it's not even a matter of opinion, but rather of objective fact.

Ah, I remember now: "Objectivism".

That would be the fruity little club headed by Ayn Rand. Members who have achieved AYN VII have mastered the art of being smug while keeping their eyes open.

Quoth the nojo smugly.

And relax, it was a joke. There's no way an opinion can be an objective fact other than the objective fact that it is my opinion.

And that it's right.

Anyway, objectivism is a philosophy and is impossible to be a fruity club, as it is a philosophy centered on individualism and personal accountability and against any form of collectivism. That's all I'm going to say on the subject as this is neither the time or place.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
DestinyBlue

Postby DestinyBlue » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:51 pm

*twiches at the mention of philosophy* ...I do it as a subject in collage...

As for the episode... hmm.. well. I don't quite know what to make of it all. Coming from England family guy isnt on that much over here... though about a week ago I did watch a coupple of episodes on the BBC... but id say iv seen about 5 episodes in all, enough to get what the show is about but nothing in detail. Personally I think it had some cever bits, but all the characters apart from the baby (and maybe the dog) I couldnt give a crap about. Also the humor was a little off for me... it just seemed very american ^^;; But I dont hate it or anything, but wow, no, its no where near as good as South Park.

I hope the episode doesnt hinge on weather or not you watch family guy a lot, like if there are a lot of references to it.
I think they handled their simpsons episode brilliantly and I very much suspect they will do it again ;) I cant imagine it will be one big episode ripping on family guy... that just wouldnt be like them, of couse im sure their will be jokes at its expence but it will deffinatly be cleverer than just insulting it :)

I hold high hopes for this one, even if I take no real oppinion of Family Guy. The kyle/cartman feude will be good, and I hope to be pleasently supprised by this episode :)
Bamss

Postby Bamss » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:07 pm

Ahhhh, South Park and Family guy on the same stage.
It will be another classic!

For everyone bitching about Family Guy, The Simpsons, and South Park. They are two completely differant shows. Yes, I said two, because the Simpsons and Family Guy are the same damn show. Both funny at times, and both take on more the family humor.

South Park...not so much. South park is in another league. South park is the NFL. FG and Simpsons are college. Because South Park= much harder hits. They take on situations not family issues. They play at a much larger level. They are not political about it either, they are just funny.

Anyway, that's my opinon.
New TOOL Album - 10,000 days May, 2nd, 2006
nojo

Postby nojo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:41 pm

Aym_Dand wrote:Quoth the nojo smugly.

My obscure philosopher can whip your obscure philosopher's ass.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:33 pm

nojo wrote:
Aym_Dand wrote:Quoth the nojo smugly.

My obscure philosopher can whip your obscure philosopher's ass.

Yes, but does the ass exist?

Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:43 pm

UnnamedGuy wrote:Not to start a big debate on character personalities but am i the only one surprised that its Kyle that likes family guy and not Cartman?

Cartman makes for a much better soundboard when it comes to things he's against. Kyle could rip on it, but it would be more like a clever speech that breaks down exactly what's wrong with Family Guy as opposed to Cartman who is f*cking great at sounding off with gross hyperbole.

It might be a break in character personality, as it is hard to picture Kyle yucking it up to Fa.G. jokes, but I think it will serve the story/laughs better.

nojo

Postby nojo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:45 pm

Aym_Dand wrote:Yes, but does the ass exist?

The Other Asses problem knows of no definitive solution, although it's said that Samuel Johnson broke wind and proclaimed, "I refute Berkeley thus."
cartman's girl

Postby cartman's girl » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:46 pm

hey, i remember this episode of Drawn Together where they made fun of southpark..i dont exacly remeber which episode but i sure that the pig character(spanky ham) said(to southpark):"this place would be much better if we were here."
so i think southpark should make fun of them instead :D
-I'll stop making sigs for a while
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:49 pm

possible reasons why kyle watches it

1. kyles parents care more about what hes watching and cartmans mom is a crackwhore who wouldnt care

2 cartmans better at making fun of people

3 if kyle goes to get a job on family guy cartman will go just to piss kyle off
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”