*1004: Cartoon Wars Part II*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Coen

Postby Coen » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Uh oh! Looks like this little n00b was right all along!

http://media.nationalreview.com/094921.asp

That will teach some of you whiners not to listen to the 14 year olds that happen to post in here.... :roll:
w00t!
Lovefist233

Postby Lovefist233 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:48 pm

this kind of pointless censorship is the reason rebellions happen, f*ck the muslims, its nit like m&t were picking on them, you dont see jewish suicide bombers do you? comedy central can suck my balls
religion is for idiots
Paladoris

Postby Paladoris » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:48 pm

Coen wrote:Uh oh! Looks like this little n00b was right all along!

That will teach some of you whiners not to listen to the 14 year olds that happen to post in here.... :roll:

Shouldn't you be in school?
Paladoris

Postby Paladoris » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:54 pm

[quote="Lovefist233":95e37]this kind of pointless censorship is the reason rebellions happen, f*ck the muslims, its nit like m&t were picking on them, you dont see jewish suicide bombers do you? comedy central can suck my balls[/quote:95e37]
Derrr, no it's not. This is not about the government stepping in and saying "Hey man, that is not cool. It's wrong. it's WRONG!!" This is just about a TV network pussing out. Ain't no suicide bombers killing themselves over South Park, either. As far as I know, the Muslim world (in the Middle East, at least) isn't even aware of the episode, and I'm willing to bet hard cash that not a single innocent (or even guilty) life will be taken because of this episode, nor would there have if Muhammed had been shown uncensored. There was absolutely nothing inflammatory about the prophet in either episode. And for that matter, neither was there against Muslims, and only hardly against terrorists. This is about domestic free speech, it's got nothing to do with Muslims.
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:54 pm

and what about the opening from the last... 4 seasons?
Coen

Postby Coen » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:02 pm

Paladoris wrote:

Shouldn't you be in school?

Oh god no child. I've long since graduated from with a Masters in English Literature.

Trust me, I've got plenty of free time.
w00t!
Kurbie

Postby Kurbie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:05 pm

That just doesn't make sense to me. Matt and Trey putting it in there just to piss everyone off is hilarious.
Coen

Postby Coen » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:05 pm

bulrog2004 wrote:

and what about the opening from the last... 4 seasons?

What about the opening from the last 4 seasons? I highly doubt anyone that isn't a South Park aficionado would realize that he's hidden behind the sign, and barely visible. It took ME several minutes of searching to even find a picture where you can even tell it is him.

If however, you're disputing the fact that Comedy Central sent out the censorship order, then you're a toothless moron. :twisted:
Last edited by Coen on Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w00t!
TruthInTheCity

Postby TruthInTheCity » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:05 pm

That was a great episode of SP and continued to mock FG over the jokes not going with the plot but yet had a contradiction with the man in the truck saying he likes jokes but doesn't like show thats so serious its up its own ass. The writers being manatees pretty funny. I wonder if FG will respond or be too confused with the many messages that SP showed like free speech being slowly aliened in this country. Bart Simpson showing up bashing kyle then cartmen with the bloody skateboard was comical :) . But what happened to the fire and the looks of the studio blowing up to draw suspense that wouldn't be shown? All I have to say is not what I expected in my mind but messages that I kind of did in a way.
Coen

Postby Coen » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:07 pm

Kurbie wrote:That just doesn't make sense to me. Matt and Trey putting it in there just to piss everyone off is hilarious.

Then you aren't bright.

Matt and Trey edited the episode due to a ruling by CC.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... id=1839721

Read it.
w00t!
oldirtyperm

Postby oldirtyperm » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:08 pm

I don't know why anyone would cite a right wing blog quoting anonymous contacts as some sort of proof or final say on what happened.
Paladoris

Postby Paladoris » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:11 pm

oldirtyperm wrote:I don't know why anyone would cite a right wing blog quoting anonymous contacts as some sort of proof or final say on what happened.

How bout the Washington Post? Or ABC News? Does that satisfy your sense of partisan politics? It's not as if this right-wing blog was all like "hells yeah", either.
Coen

Postby Coen » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:12 pm

oldirtyperm wrote:I don't know why anyone would cite a right wing blog quoting anonymous contacts as some sort of proof or final say on what happened.

Yes. The AP and ABC news are a right-wing blog.

:roll:

Welcome fellow n00b. Apparently you're in with the "Moron Count" too.
w00t!
oldirtyperm

Postby oldirtyperm » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:16 pm

I was referring to the National Review link, that was before the AP story was released, but I'd like to see Matt and Trey's comments.
pitchblank

Postby pitchblank » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:18 pm

Paladoris wrote:As far as I know, the Muslim world (in the Middle East, at least) isn't even aware of the episode, and I'm willing to bet hard cash that not a single innocent (or even guilty) life will be taken because of this episode, nor would there have if Muhammed had been shown uncensored. There was absolutely nothing inflammatory about the prophet in either episode. And for that matter, neither was there against Muslims, and only hardly against terrorists. This is about domestic free speech, it's got nothing to do with Muslims.

Firstly, it took almost 6 months before muslims in the middle east caught wind of the Danish cartoons in Jyllandsposten, they were published in 2005 and sh*t didn't start happening until January this year. Word travels slow... South Park isn't exactly a staple on Al-Jazzeera, so I'd wait a few months before I'd look for any reaction.

Secondly, it's the very concept of depicting the prophet that is offensive and inflammatory, not the satire as such. For all they care you could draw a picture that glorifies Muhammed and portrays him as a hero, and they'll still get all pissy.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”