Is South Park starting to suck?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

davidtylr

Is South Park starting to suck?

Postby davidtylr » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:05 am

Season 8 was just pure art work. It was the best season ever and before that it was the best show ever, but after that southpark is losing what it once had. Don't get me wrong it did have its moments but I think South Park has lost what it was origanaly about. It is time for Mat Stone and Trey Parker to quit while they are ahead.

Look at The Simpsons.
slycooper

Re: Is South Park starting to suck?

Postby slycooper » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:18 am

davidtylr wrote:Season 8 was just pure art work. It was the best season ever and before that it was the best show ever, but after that southpark is losing what it once had. Don't get me wrong it did have its moments but I think South Park has lost what it was origanaly about. It is time for Mat Stone and Trey Parker to quit while they are ahead.

Look at The Simpsons.

whatever
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:25 am

There are some people that think South Park isn't as good, but as far as I know there isn't anyone on here that thinks it sucks.
Personally, I don't think it has gotten any worse I think it's getting better.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Andrew B

Postby Andrew B » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:50 am

I give them credit for at least trying to stay interesting. It is one of the few subversive mainstream shows on the air these days. Sure raises more questions than deal or no deal.
JDG128

Postby JDG128 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:54 am

South Park has had its ups and downs recently. Mainly I think it lost its balance a bit with character interaction and making statements. Not quite enough of the former, a bit too much of the latter. They need to come up with a story that works on its own as a simple character-driven story and then see if they can incorporate a current event or issue into the story, rather than pick an issue first and then try to drape a story loosely over it.

As for that "look at Simpsons" statement a few posts up, as one of the remaining Simpsons-faithful, Simpsons has had its ups and downs too. Personally, I'm of the opinion that the latest 3 or 4 seasons of Simpsons, while not as good the early-to-mid 90s seasons, are much better than seasons from the late 90s.
mewster

Re: Is South Park starting to suck?

Postby mewster » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:01 am

davidtylr wrote:Season 8 was just pure art work. It was the best season ever and before that it was the best show ever, but, after that, South Park is losing what it once had. Don't get me wrong, it did have its moments, but I think South Park has lost what it was originally about. It is time for Matt Stone and Trey Parker to quit while they are ahead.

Look at The Simpsons.

I'll side with you. I'm kind of puzzled at what you mean when you mention what SP was originally about, but it has become more preachy and, I daresay, pretentious, since Season 9. Though I liked "Trapped in the Closet", "Marjorine" and "The Death of Stinknutz," season 10 has less for me to laugh at lately. It seems like M&T look for trouble these days and I find myself occasionally siding with their intended targets (I think "Bloody Mary" could've aired on any other day than the day before the Feast of the Immaculate Conception and that Isaac was a target of "The Return of Chef"). And the humor has become more vulgar than usual. Now they're picking in Family Guy? What the Hell did Seth McFarlane ever do to them?

If I'm right, M&T wanted to hang it up after season 10, but CC waved $$$ in front of them. They should've let SP sign off as a hit. They deserved a Peabody, but not for this season.
I'm now known as Cartman's Top Enemy. Please make a note of it.
Orange_Kenny

Postby Orange_Kenny » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:10 am

Family Guy is starting to suck, that's for sure.

As for South Park, I think they're just going through a sucky Period. Much like Penny Arcade, they go through sucky periods, then they start to make me laugh again.

South Park, however, continues to make me laugh throughout.
BlindHamster

Postby BlindHamster » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:14 am

^^
I've never even thought of comparing it to Penny Arcade, but you're right, both have had and still do have their ups and downs, right now, South Park has a bit of a down (which I believe means that they still create good episodes, just not as good as their best ones), but I'm absolutely convinced it'll go up again.

I R IN UR FUTUER PLYAING UR WII.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:27 pm

Just because the style of humour is changing doesn't mean it's getting worse.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
Kenny1006

Postby Kenny1006 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:36 pm

i don't agree with your statement that sp is starting to suck. i've downloaded the first three episodes of season 10 and i think they're still funny, and some people say season 9 sucks but i think that it's one of the best seasons sp had
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:00 pm

Season Six was the best season, so any season after that is a downer. Seven rocked, eight was good, but nine was okay at best. Season Ten has been good, not great so far.

Is SP sucking? No, but it isn't at it's peak either. The last two episodes have been great and have restored much lost faith.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
piper722

Postby piper722 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:12 pm

Ok ill say this end it when it does suck like right when it sucks and it doesnt now. I can tell its on a little down phase but as i watch old episodes they have those once in a while... south park will kick ass again....

Cartoon Wars made me laugh throughout
davidtylr

Postby davidtylr » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:51 am

I don't want South Park to suck, It's a good show.
but i have a feeling it won't get better (Call me an arse hole if you like) but I think they need to quit now before it realy sucks.
Butters Stotch100

Postby Butters Stotch100 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:01 am

south park can never suck, trey and matt are the coolest ppl in the world and the make south park the best animated cartoon show ever!!!
.Eric

Postby .Eric » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:25 am

South Park doesn't suck, and never will suck as long as Trey and Matt get to do what they want. If comedy central stops their hypocrisy and stops censoring the show. How can Trey and Matt continue to make us laugh if their always censored? Because of the Scientology episode and just recently the Muhammad episode, Christians are going to start standing up and telling Comedy Central they now have to censor anything offensive for them. This wouldn't have happened if Comedy Central wouldn't have censored South Park in the first place. It's just like what Cartman said in part I.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”