*1006: Manbearpig*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:10 pm

Pretty disappointing run. If next week's is as underwhelming as everything else in this run since Cartoon Wars Pt 1, then I think they might actually be "shrugging" after being screwed by CC for the third time. Which is a shame. They should walk, not compromise their art. I've definitely gotten the impression that they're holding back.

I honestly think they should start spending two weeks on every episode. That'll still give them their brinkmanship but also allow them to iron out some of the weak parts that have been spoiling obviously solid premises. (I loved the ideas of a smug alert, a cave-in/Manbearpig hunt and Towelie penning a Million Little Fibers, but they've all fallen short of their potential.)

Is Trey married yet? I swear nothing makes comedy go sour like wives and children.

Or is it possible that they're so used to doing whatever the audience doesn't expect that they're now so punk-rock that they're making their show not-as-funny because people expect it to be hilarious?

Man, that's hardcore.

However, because I hate to be only a Negative Nellie, the shots of Cartman bloated with gold had me cracking up real horrorshow. Same with the Cartman "greedy snake in the grass" scene.

Oh, and to the people who don't understand why they picked on Al Gore, read a newspaper or go to some online news sites. Not only does he have those movies coming out, but everywhere you look he's giving speeches warning us all that we're gonna die in like twenty minutes (and they say republicans are the alarmists).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
cartmansot

Postby cartmansot » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:29 pm

Not the best ep by far but better then most this season. I was getting tired of all the scientologist crap anyway.
Naivok

Postby Naivok » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:41 pm

just wondering, why are they doing season rewind already? isn't there one more episode????
Darth Chef: Hello there children, how would you like to suck on my chocolate salty balls.

SAC Leader: You mean like a chocolate candy?

Darth Chef: No, I mean my balls!!
Cm-md

Postby Cm-md » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:54 pm

( Sorry for my english, im Quebecer )

How Cartman and Kyle survive to their " go down " when they were swimming? They didn't show that part.

It's the Manbearpig? ( Stan still talk about Manbearpig at the end )

It's was a weird episode, maybe i will understand more in the French version
spiritualsuicide

Postby spiritualsuicide » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:55 pm

I didn't think it was such a great episode. I don't hate it, but I don't particularly like it either. I didn't think that Al Gore was funny. On a scale of 10, I'd give it 6.
Merry f*cking Christmas!
daGUY31

Postby daGUY31 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:46 pm

djadonis206 wrote:But the funniest sh*t was Cartman - after he got all huge and could barely breath and needed to be airlifted - I was dying

then he blew all that fake treasure out of is arse - hilarious

that had me dying, im seriously!

maybe manbearpig was a metaphor for the creature tomkat made...the antichrist has arrived!!!!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:57 pm

Heh, just watched it with some friends here at school, and all I can say is, DAMN, ARE THEY SERIAL?!?!

Good ep, I mean, yeah, there are better, but I liked it. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
rankorder

Postby rankorder » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:01 pm

Ehm. I got owned in Manbearpig. I'm not going to say how. But, I got seriously pwn3d while watching with my drunkerd home-boys.

That's fine! That's fine.

f*ck you Matt and f*ck you Trey.

Erin: you're still cool.

:lol:
[size=84:07170]You Can’t Hear the Fat Lady Because Diabetes Killed Her.[/size:07170]
mbvfan

Al Gore is the perfect South Park target

Postby mbvfan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:15 pm

I found the following link interesting, regarding why Trey might have a grudge against Al Gore:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Re ... sp?ID=1180

For anyone not old enough to remember Tipper Gore's crusade against free speech in the 80s, Al took it up again back in 1999 when he still held a public office. Apparently it's okay to tell everyone their children are going to die soon if they don't go see your movie, so long as you don't offend anyone's "christian values".

I'm pretty sure that M&T aren't rooting for the jesus freaks in office now. Al Gore is a great target, because he's such a hypocrite. So called "liberal" who wants to wipe his ass with the Bill of Rights. I'm guessing they don't go after the Republicans as much because, as repugnant as some of their views are, they wear them on their sleeve. They only goof up when they get busted with hookers or turn out to be gay.

I know its old news, but I still can't get over how the VP in a very popular two-term administration couldn't beat the son of an unpopular one-termer by a landslide. Forget about Florida, only a total douche-bag couldn't have won that one without trying.

Al Gore was Clinton's life insurance policy; nothing more. I'm sure that's why he was chosen. The guy is so desperate to be president he'll do anything to get people's attention. I don't think the timing of his "movies" are a coincidence. Despite what he says now, I'm sure he wants to run in '08.

Gore represents everything that is wrong with the Democratic Party. They're politically liberal when no one else in America is and socially conservative when no other party has the balls to stand up against christian moral hypocracy. The Democrats are useless and will probably go the way of the Whigs.

I personally like the more overtly political satire of recent seasons and loved the fact that the whole episode was a put-down of Gore. I guess I'm a little biased though.
eric pedigo

Re: Al Gore is the perfect South Park target

Postby eric pedigo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:28 pm

mbvfan wrote:I found the following link interesting, regarding why Trey might have a grudge against Al Gore:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Re ... sp?ID=1180

For anyone not old enough to remember Tipper Gore's crusade against free speech in the 80s, Al took it up again back in 1999 when he still held a public office. Apparently it's okay to tell everyone their children are going to die soon if they don't go see your movie, so long as you don't offend anyone's "christian values".

I'm pretty sure that M&T aren't rooting for the jesus freaks in office now. Al Gore is a great target, because he's such a hypocrite. So called "liberal" who wants to wipe his ass with the Bill of Rights. I'm guessing they don't go after the Republicans as much because, as repugnant as some of their views are, they wear them on their sleeve. They only goof up when they get busted with hookers or turn out to be gay.

I know its old news, but I still can't get over how the VP in a very popular two-term administration couldn't beat the son of an unpopular one-termer by a landslide. Forget about Florida, only a total douche-bag couldn't have won that one without trying.

Al Gore was Clinton's life insurance policy; nothing more. I'm sure that's why he was chosen. The guy is so desperate to be president he'll do anything to get people's attention. I don't think the timing of his "movies" are a coincidence. Despite what he says now, I'm sure he wants to run in '08.

Gore represents everything that is wrong with the Democratic Party. They're politically liberal when no one else in America is and socially conservative when no other party has the balls to stand up against christian moral hypocracy. The Democrats are useless and will probably go the way of the Whigs.

I personally like the more overtly political satire of recent seasons and loved the fact that the whole episode was a put-down of Gore. I guess I'm a little biased though.

I remember that crap with Tipper Gore and the PMRC (Parents Music Resource Center). A bunch of dumb Washington wives that had nothing better to do than screw with peoples freedom of speech and expression. They were the reason that those "Parental Advisory" labels were put on records. It especially sucked if you were a young metalhead living in a redneck town like mine.
kmfcoksmndvckmvokvmkvmevkmevpkmvkvmevkmvkmevkmvkvmvkmvkmevpevevnpojernvpejnepjnwcoweckowmcweokvmeopibjrtpoiubprojntbetveronv829430t83409fn32jinv9u3nv9u324nvunvojpovnorewnvu9340hg9843hj90f8j49fiojorijfoirjf90ij34g8j9-439j34994v

Postby Default » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:43 pm

manbearpig made a million little fibbers look like an emmy winner
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:59 pm

treefiddy_350 wrote:Episode was OK had its moments like Cartman and the treasure. I don't know why they made fun of Al Gore though. I thought they would of had some crazy ending with a real manbearpig showing up randomly. meh. 8/10

I thought Manbearpig would come up too. That was why I was dissappointed. I liked the episode though. Al Gore was funny was hell even though I don't know much about him.
As enjoyable as abuse.
MCkormick2

Postby MCkormick2 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:11 pm

Paul101 wrote:

Hah, "That's My Bush" was awesome. Shame they didn't make more episodes, most likely because of 9/11.

I may be on the wrong, but I tought that they stopped doing TMB because of the high cost (they couldn't afford it?) and it was just a coincidence that 9/11 followed. Someone care to shine some light on this issue.

If Al Gore really is on this war against free speech, then he deserved all the mocking. It seems that in partisian politics U.S.A. there's no party that defends free speech completely - either they'll let you mock P.C.ness, or conservatives values. Never both.

On a side-note, this episode kind of reminded me of a Brazilian show featuring the chupacabra - there was a possibility that a politician was dressing up like it to attract tourinsts to the city. The scene where Al Gore dresses up as manbearpig and walks in the darkness is a lot like the scene on the show where the Chupacabra appears. Weird coincidence...
This is not a sig.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:19 pm

Just finished downloading and watching it. It was pretty mediocre to me. I would say it's the 4th best out of the 6th this run. The Fake treasure part was funny. They could have made this episode better. All in all not bad
nojo

Postby nojo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:22 pm

Cm-md wrote:It's was a weird episode, maybe i will understand more in the French version

That's the greatest line I've heard all week.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”