Random Fact About Yourself

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

terrance&philliparesw
Posts: 980
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:17 am

Postby terrance&philliparesw » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:26 am

I'm reading an extremely interesting and thought-provoking book on Depression at the moment. Through reading the novel, I'm slowly starting to discover the source of my depression, and why my thinking patterns and feelings are so distorted. After all these years of popping anti-depressants and numerous doctor appointments, I've taken the first step to recovery and acknowledged that I'm halfway there; I've dealt with it physically (through anti-depressants), but not mentally. (Self-help.) I need to do this, to be guided through this, to finally get it out of my system. And the only person who can do that is me.

My life is kinda like a picture that was once complete; with vibrant colours interwoven throughout, but was left out in the rain. Now, the picture is faded and running, with some bits completely washed away altogether. It's is now up to me to repaint the picture, with the original vibrant colours, to make it complete again.

Ah, I suck at metaphors, I know. [Wow, really positive thinking Caitlin! *slaps self*]

I've also noticed that I'm starting to think differently, more positively lately, and my moods are not so horrid. [I think that that above comment will beg to differ, but oh well. XD. I was just playin']

I'm still not 100%, but I'm finally starting to manage. And that is an incredibly liberating feeling.
__Chaste
ImageSEX!Image
KyleBenoit
Posts: 2684
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 2:44 am

Postby KyleBenoit » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:54 pm

terrance&philliparesw wrote:I'm reading an extremely interesting and thought-provoking book on Depression at the moment. Through reading the novel, I'm slowly starting to discover the source of my depression, and why my thinking patterns and feelings are so distorted. After all these years of popping anti-depressants and numerous doctor appointments, I've taken the first step to recovery and acknowledged that I'm halfway there; I've dealt with it physically (through anti-depressants), but not mentally. (Self-help.) I need to do this, to be guided through this, to finally get it out of my system. And the only person who can do that is me.

My life is kinda like a picture that was once complete; with vibrant colours interwoven throughout, but was left out in the rain. Now, the picture is faded and running, with some bits completely washed away altogether. It's is now up to me to repaint the picture, with the original vibrant colours, to make it complete again.

Ah, I suck at metaphors, I know. [Wow, really positive thinking Caitlin! *slaps self*]

I've also noticed that I'm starting to think differently, more positively lately, and my moods are not so horrid. [I think that that above comment will beg to differ, but oh well. XD. I was just playin']

I'm still not 100%, but I'm finally starting to manage. And that is an incredibly liberating feeling.


Heh, looks like we've got yet another thing in common. Can you tell me what the anme of that book you're reading is and who it's by?
Image
DarkDucky
Posts: 1805
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:55 pm

Postby DarkDucky » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:28 pm

bugzbunnie6 wrote:I'm a lazy bastard


you're a boy with no father?
I mean, if you are, thats cool, nothing wrong with that. But wow, I really didn't see that coming :shock:




RFAM: I just got stung by a hornet, and tbh, it's not all it's cracked up to be. It barely hurt at all.
[center]Image
My dA account[/center]
PsychoMetroid 3:16
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:18 am

Postby PsychoMetroid 3:16 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:31 pm

Right now, there is a bird stuck in my chimney. :shock:
MixStan
Posts: 1396
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:35 pm

Postby MixStan » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:28 pm

KyleBenoit wrote:I'm getting out of school much earlier than I thought. Basically I just get Monday and Tuesday next week. Then the exams start on Wednesday, but I only come on Thursday and Monday of the week after, since those are the only days I have an exam. Then I'm off for the year and just wait for my report card to be mailed to me. And since I don't get an exam in my weak subject (math), I'll definately pass.


You get your report card mailed to you? That's cool. And your lucky. I still got 3 weeks off school. :( Then it's off to high school. If you think I'm worst about saying this over and over again...just wait until August! :lol:
iceiwynd
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:24 am

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:46 pm

I have my first social exam on Monday. There's three parts, and this is the in-class written part. The other two are on the 23rd, both multiple choice: the PAT and then my teacher's multiple choice.

I don't feel like studying, though.

But when asked about any of the topics I can usually just ramble about it.

I really liked social class this year. Oftentimes my teacher would ramble off on something that SEEMED unrelated and it would turn into a huge class discussion, but still, it all led back to economics. I like these talking classes. I remember things way better this way, and thus, I don't really have any need to study.

I'll just review over some specifics on Sunday night.

I'm awesome. :D
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY
Posts: 3384
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 6:55 pm

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:53 pm

MixStan wrote:
KyleBenoit wrote:I'm getting out of school much earlier than I thought. Basically I just get Monday and Tuesday next week. Then the exams start on Wednesday, but I only come on Thursday and Monday of the week after, since those are the only days I have an exam. Then I'm off for the year and just wait for my report card to be mailed to me. And since I don't get an exam in my weak subject (math), I'll definately pass.


You get your report card mailed to you? That's cool. And your lucky. I still got 3 weeks off school. :( Then it's off to high school. If you think I'm worst about saying this over and over again...just wait until August! :lol:


We get our report cards mailed too. And High School is overrated. Don't worry about it.

iceiwynd wrote:I don't feel like studying, though.


Good for you, I have never studied for a test in my life and I'm doing just fine.
Setting the standard since 1852
iceiwynd
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:24 am

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:06 pm

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:I don't feel like studying, though.


Good for you, I have never studied for a test in my life and I'm doing just fine.


My "studying" usually consists of reading over the material the night before. My classmates hate me because I'm one of the top students and rarely do jack sh*t.

For some reason I'm thinking of finals differently. e_e I only studied the night before for midterms, excluding Hebrew because my Hebrew teacher is a f*cking retard and thinks her subject is ever so important (four classes left foreveeeer).

But yeah, I'm doing pretty fine myself, too.

Another random fact for me: I'm the ONLY person in my grade who has, on all eight report cards thus far, with one to go, gotten all honours with distinction in BOTH Alberta and Judaic curriculums. That means over a 90% average in both curriculums for all of grade seven, all of grade eight, and two out of three periods of grade nine.

I hope I make it the whole way through. :D

Also the past two years I've won the highest Alberta curriculum, although last year I tied. But there's money riding on it this year, for first AND second place. I'm way guaranteed money. ^__^
Stovepipe_Jam
Posts: 4611
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:21 pm

I feel like unhiding myself today. :)
Jay C
Posts: 4299
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:33 pm

Postby Jay C » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:23 pm

iceiwynd wrote:
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:I don't feel like studying, though.


Good for you, I have never studied for a test in my life and I'm doing just fine.


My "studying" usually consists of reading over the material the night before. My classmates hate me because I'm one of the top students and rarely do jack sh*t.

For some reason I'm thinking of finals differently. e_e I only studied the night before for midterms, excluding Hebrew because my Hebrew teacher is a f*cking retard and thinks her subject is ever so important (four classes left foreveeeer).

But yeah, I'm doing pretty fine myself, too.

Another random fact for me: I'm the ONLY person in my grade who has, on all eight report cards thus far, with one to go, gotten all honours with distinction in BOTH Alberta and Judaic curriculums. That means over a 90% average in both curriculums for all of grade seven, all of grade eight, and two out of three periods of grade nine.

I hope I make it the whole way through. :D

Also the past two years I've won the highest Alberta curriculum, although last year I tied. But there's money riding on it this year, for first AND second place. I'm way guaranteed money. ^__^

XD I felt happy while reading that... not sure why.

*Sigh* Guess I better talk about my schoolwork and stuff.

Like Fiddy, I've never prepared for a test. Instead I just try and remember everything I can from what I was told in class instead.

In Maths, I've finished top in the end of year tests every time since... at least year 3. (Probably even longer.) In year 8 I tied, but I missed one of the tests, so if I would have took that, I would have finished top by probably 30 points. (There were 30 marks in the test, and it was the mental arithmatic. And I'm best at that.)

People in our school are way too f*cking competitive. XD

Again with homework? Until the start of this year, I hadn't done a single peice that I can remember. The reason I started doing it this year is because it was coursework, and the only real time you get to do it is while you're at home. And no coursework = no scores = no qualifications = no job = sad James. (Yeah England basically works like that... shite isn't it?)

My Science is good, basically because I actually LIKE doing stuff like that. I think I was top in my Science tests last year before it was split into Chemistry, Physics and Biology.

RFAM: I hate the way some people abuse the HTML codes. Sure, I use the odd ':lol:' but that's because there's no smiley to show that you're laughing. By abusing it, I mean posting all of their posts in a colour, or lavishing it with those stupid f*cking emoticons.

*Feels a bitch post coming up*

I'll continue this in the pissy thread. =)
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Stovepipe_Jam
Posts: 4611
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:27 pm

Jay C wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:I don't feel like studying, though.


Good for you, I have never studied for a test in my life and I'm doing just fine.


My "studying" usually consists of reading over the material the night before. My classmates hate me because I'm one of the top students and rarely do jack sh*t.

For some reason I'm thinking of finals differently. e_e I only studied the night before for midterms, excluding Hebrew because my Hebrew teacher is a f*cking retard and thinks her subject is ever so important (four classes left foreveeeer).

But yeah, I'm doing pretty fine myself, too.

Another random fact for me: I'm the ONLY person in my grade who has, on all eight report cards thus far, with one to go, gotten all honours with distinction in BOTH Alberta and Judaic curriculums. That means over a 90% average in both curriculums for all of grade seven, all of grade eight, and two out of three periods of grade nine.

I hope I make it the whole way through. :D

Also the past two years I've won the highest Alberta curriculum, although last year I tied. But there's money riding on it this year, for first AND second place. I'm way guaranteed money. ^__^

XD I felt happy while reading that... not sure why.

*Sigh* Guess I better talk about my schoolwork and stuff.

Like Fiddy, I've never prepared for a test. Instead I just try and remember everything I can from what I was told in class instead.

In Maths, I've finished top in the end of year tests every time since... at least year 3. (Probably even longer.) In year 8 I tied, but I missed one of the tests, so if I would have took that, I would have finished top by probably 30 points. (There were 30 marks in the test, and it was the mental arithmatic. And I'm best at that.)

People in our school are way too f*cking competitive. XD

Again with homework? Until the start of this year, I hadn't done a single peice that I can remember. The reason I started doing it this year is because it was coursework, and the only real time you get to do it is while you're at home. And no coursework = no scores = no qualifications = no job = sad James. (Yeah England basically works like that... shite isn't it?)

My Science is good, basically because I actually LIKE doing stuff like that. I think I was top in my Science tests last year before it was split into Chemistry, Physics and Biology.

RFAM: I hate the way some people abuse the HTML codes. Sure, I use the odd ':lol:' but that's because there's no smiley to show that you're laughing. By abusing it, I mean posting all of their posts in a colour, or lavishing it with those stupid f*cking emoticons.

*Feels a bitch post coming up*

I'll continue this in the pissy thread. =)


I'm quoting a bunch of very long posts.

Someone quote what I write. :lol:

RFAMS: My school had a fire on Friday. The boiler room caught fire for a few minutes. We had to stand outside in the rain for almost an hour before they let us back in.
bugzbunnie6
Posts: 1980
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:21 am

Postby bugzbunnie6 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:10 am

I just got home from helping that family I mentioned earlier move into their new house... I mean, mansion. They're f*cking loaded, and their new house is insanely big. Seriously, they're putting a theatre in their basement, along with two saunas, an exercise room, a bedroom, and more. They got a house right on the shore of Lake Ontario, too, so that just makes it even more perfect. :roll:
I *Heart* You.
megan*w
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:42 pm

Postby megan*w » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:18 am

There's a wasps nest in the back wall of my house. :shock:

The wasps were getting in through little holes in the wall. So I filled the holes up with some Polyfilla and the wasps should all die soon. Eew wasp corpses will still be in the wall.

Oh well, it's easier filling up the holes than getting a new wall.

I hate wasps.
terrance&philliparesw
Posts: 980
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:17 am

Postby terrance&philliparesw » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:03 am

KyleBenoit wrote:
terrance&philliparesw wrote:I'm reading an extremely interesting and thought-provoking book on Depression at the moment. Through reading the novel, I'm slowly starting to discover the source of my depression, and why my thinking patterns and feelings are so distorted. After all these years of popping anti-depressants and numerous doctor appointments, I've taken the first step to recovery and acknowledged that I'm halfway there; I've dealt with it physically (through anti-depressants), but not mentally. (Self-help.) I need to do this, to be guided through this, to finally get it out of my system. And the only person who can do that is me.

My life is kinda like a picture that was once complete; with vibrant colours interwoven throughout, but was left out in the rain. Now, the picture is faded and running, with some bits completely washed away altogether. It's is now up to me to repaint the picture, with the original vibrant colours, to make it complete again.

Ah, I suck at metaphors, I know. [Wow, really positive thinking Caitlin! *slaps self*]

I've also noticed that I'm starting to think differently, more positively lately, and my moods are not so horrid. [I think that that above comment will beg to differ, but oh well. XD. I was just playin']

I'm still not 100%, but I'm finally starting to manage. And that is an incredibly liberating feeling.


Heh, looks like we've got yet another thing in common. Can you tell me what the anme of that book you're reading is and who it's by?


Of course, darling. ^_^ How about I give you a reference of the book? That way, it'll be easier for you to find in the library, book store or whatever. *runs downstairs to retrieve book*

Okay, here we go...

Tanner, Susan- Ball, Jillian. 1989. "Beating The Blues: A Self-Help Approach To Overcoming Depression." Doubleday Publishers. Australia.

Glad to see that you're taking the first step to overcoming your depression, Nikki. I just hope that I've sent a positive wave through all the depressed people on here that have read my post; that's partly what I wanted to achieve. I like helping people. ^_^
__Chaste
ImageSEX!Image
MixStan
Posts: 1396
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:35 pm

Postby MixStan » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:06 pm

terrance&philliparesw wrote:
KyleBenoit wrote:
terrance&philliparesw wrote:I'm reading an extremely interesting and thought-provoking book on Depression at the moment. Through reading the novel, I'm slowly starting to discover the source of my depression, and why my thinking patterns and feelings are so distorted. After all these years of popping anti-depressants and numerous doctor appointments, I've taken the first step to recovery and acknowledged that I'm halfway there; I've dealt with it physically (through anti-depressants), but not mentally. (Self-help.) I need to do this, to be guided through this, to finally get it out of my system. And the only person who can do that is me.

My life is kinda like a picture that was once complete; with vibrant colours interwoven throughout, but was left out in the rain. Now, the picture is faded and running, with some bits completely washed away altogether. It's is now up to me to repaint the picture, with the original vibrant colours, to make it complete again.

Ah, I suck at metaphors, I know. [Wow, really positive thinking Caitlin! *slaps self*]

I've also noticed that I'm starting to think differently, more positively lately, and my moods are not so horrid. [I think that that above comment will beg to differ, but oh well. XD. I was just playin']

I'm still not 100%, but I'm finally starting to manage. And that is an incredibly liberating feeling.


Heh, looks like we've got yet another thing in common. Can you tell me what the anme of that book you're reading is and who it's by?


Of course, darling. ^_^ How about I give you a reference of the book? That way, it'll be easier for you to find in the library, book store or whatever. *runs downstairs to retrieve book*

Okay, here we go...

Tanner, Susan- Ball, Jillian. 1989. "Beating The Blues: A Self-Help Approach To Overcoming Depression." Doubleday Publishers. Australia.

Glad to see that you're taking the first step to overcoming your depression, Nikki. I just hope that I've sent a positive wave through all the depressed people on here that have read my post; that's partly what I wanted to achieve. I like helping people. ^_^


Now your getting me into that book. :lol: I'll probably look for it in the library. I had the weirdest dream last night. We got a rabbit, and we put in some sort of tall cage or something and the rabbit didn't like it. Then the rabbit got these red eyes and it scared the sh*t out of me. Then the nest day we left the rabbit along in its own cage to see if it would be alright. Then my dad said we're gonna take this rabbit back to the pet store. He told me to get it but I was too scared. So he went and got it and his eye were back to normal. But then my dad said if its taken out of its cage it will be evil again...so he did and put it on my leg then its eyes turned red again. Then I woke up. Bunnies are evil...

Return to “Hot Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests