What concerts have you been to?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

master ed

What concerts have you been to?

Postby master ed » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:16 pm

List and rate the concerts you have been to! I have a bunch so I'll post later.
Now making SIGS, PM me for one, I will be reliable.
andrewgibson

Postby andrewgibson » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:25 pm

Sum41(not so good)with Protest the Hero(pretty good) and No Warning(meh, o.k.)

Nine Inch Nails ( Too much drugs, and im not that big a fan of them)

In Flames (f*ckin AWESOME)with Trivium(at the time i didnt like trivium but now i do) a dozen furies( o.k.) and Arch Enemy(Real good but my cousin got sacked in the moshpit)

Final Plague x2 (they were goopd the 1st time i saw 'em but the second time kinda sucked)

Taste of chaos tour: As I Lay Dying (really good) ...(Thrice sucked Atreyu sucked most Dredge was just weird and a whole bunch of sh*tty bands)
MixStan

Postby MixStan » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:27 pm

[color=skyblue:00052]My mom made me go to a Rod Stewart concert when I was 6 or 7.[/color:00052]
andrewgibson

Postby andrewgibson » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:30 pm

MixStan wrote:My mom made me go to a Rod Stewart concert when I was 6 or 7.
LOL
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:58 pm

I've only ever been to one concert in my whole life and that was Fatboy Slim's Big Beach Boutique II which was also shown on E4 in 2002. But heck, it was bloody brilliant! :lol:
20,000 people were expected there and over a quarter of a million people turned up on Brighton Beach and I was amongst them. Norman sure knows what people like and I remember all those cool tunes he played and the people jumping up and down and dancing to every tune played.

My rating of the concert: 100/10 :D
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:41 pm

I went to Bush when Razorblade Suitcase came out, so '97 or '98. It was pretty cool.

Went to see Third Eye Blind when Blue was coming out, they're awesome live.

I saw Jimmy Eat World, another great show. Razorlight opened for them, they pretty much stunk.

Relient K was okay, but the crowd there was irritating, I think I was the only one there that was old enough to drink

I saw Watershed, a local punk band. That was a great show, they f*cking rock.

I saw The Stills a couple months ago, another great show. Their opening band was good too, Raising Fawn was their name I believe.

The day after that I saw The Editors and Stellastarr*. Editors ruled, but Stellastarr* was only okay, I'm just not a huge fan of theirs.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:43 pm

I went to a random concert downtown that was free on Canada with various Canadian Artists
mkevallen

Postby mkevallen » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:58 pm

Cky supported by Clutch & Viking Skull - CKY were damn good, support bands sucked.

Dry Kill Logic supported by Bloody Embrace & A New Way To Trust - DKL were pretty awesome but again the support bands were crappy.

Thats it... going to see Lostprophets on 18th July! And, the Victory Records tour on 10th September with Aiden, Bayside, The Audition & The Sleeping!
Feel free to use any of these

Cartman Wallpaper:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... highlight=

Jenifer Lopez Wallpaper:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... 041#518041
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:58 pm

andrewgibson wrote:In Flames (f*ckin AWESOME)with Trivium(at the time i didnt like trivium but now i do) a dozen furies( o.k.) and Arch Enemy(Real good but my cousin got sacked in the moshpit)

You got to see In Flames...lucky bastard :x
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
master ed

Postby master ed » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:05 pm

Heres my list,

1st: American Idols Season 2 Top 10 9/10 I never watched american idol until season 3,

2nd: Avenged Sevenfold w/ cKy, and Bullets and Octane 10/10, they were all amazingly good, but I went just to see cKy. Now I love cKy and Avenged Sevenfold

3rd: Alkaline Trio w/ Against Me! 10/10 Against Me! were okay, but Alkaline Trio p[layed for 2 amazing hours.

4th: Fall Out Boy w/ Hawthorne Heights, All-American Rejects, From First To Last, October Fall 15/10 They all owned. The only problem was the parent who took me was a dick.

5th: Silverstein w/ Comes to Dawn, One Way Letter, House of Heroes, The Sleeping 10/10 Silverstein owned, along with every other band except house of heroes.

6th: Edgefest 2006 w/ PRYDE, Hits the Lights, The Subways, Halifax, Anberlin, Matchbook Romance, 30 Seconds to Mars, Hawthorne Heights, Yellowcard, Taking Back Sunday 11/10. Wow! I got front row to hawthorne heights and Matchbook Romance. And got autographs. My flm broke so the picture of me with the singer of Hawthorne Heights didn't come out. They were all amazing.

7th: Panic! at the Disco w/ The Hush Sound, Dresden Dolls 9/10. Panic! at the Disco was amazing, but the other bands were too gothic and terrible for me. Panic! even crowd surfed

Soon I will be going to Warped Tour 2006 and Tom Petty w/ the Allman Brothers. Can't wait!!!
Last edited by master ed on Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ma_chm

Postby ma_chm » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:24 pm

i haven't been to many concerts, but i realy like to go to david gilmour's concert which will be in gdańsk soon...hope i'll go there! :D
The great mass play a waiting game.
Embalmed, crippled, dying in fear of pain.
All sense of freedom gone.
SouthParkLibertarian

Postby SouthParkLibertarian » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:58 pm

Ive been to too many concerts to remember - close to 200 or 300. Ive seen some bands 6-10 times

best shows:

1.) Phish - 3/1/03

2.) Red Hot Chili Peppers / Foo Fighters- 4/12/00

3.) Disco Biscuits - 12/1/01
kyleen11

Postby kyleen11 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:24 pm

I haven't been to any concerts my whole life. I actually saved money for Green Day's tour here in my country( was it last year?), then when I had enough money, I was only disappointed since my mom didn't let me go. She told me about how dangerous going to concerts are, come to think of it, she told me I can go if I had the money for it. She's such a liar. :x
"I gotta be romanced a little before I take my clothes off!" -- Bob Gaudio, Jersey Boys
Gashead

Postby Gashead » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:13 pm

kyleen11 wrote:I haven't been to any concerts my whole life. I actually saved money for Green Day's tour here in my country( was it last year?), then when I had enough money, I was only disappointed since my mom didn't let me go. She told me about how dangerous going to concerts are, come to think of it, she told me I can go if I had the money for it. She's such a liar. :x

Unlucky, I'm assuming that you are British? I was there and it was absolutely amazing, so many cheap tricks to appeal to the crowd but it really works and when you are there with 64,999 other people the atmospher is incredible. Plus one of the support acts were Jimmy Eat World and they rocked as well.
I'd like to see Fallout Boy and Panic! At the Disco when they visit Britain, so glad to hear that they were good concerts as well.
Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f*cking Shaft - Simon Pegg, Spaced, 1999.
master ed

Postby master ed » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:19 pm

They both put on an amazing show, but prepare for a "f*ck" fest at fall out boy. They say it like 100 times a minute. Only Pete says it though, but they gave out free shirts for whenever they said f*ck. Panic! just moves around a lot and crowd surfs. I really wanted to see Green Day in Buffalo, but I had never been to a concert before it so I couldn't go. Why would my mom let me see a metal concert before a punk rock? Strange.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”