Trapped unbanned, rebanned?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:17 pm

That would be awards for two episodes in the SAME SEASON. I don't know if that's ever happened before, but it would be a first for South Park - it had never won an Emmy for the show until Season 9, and now it has a chance to win two Emmys for that season. :D

Probably why it's on the schedule now, to air in two weeks.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nojo

Postby nojo » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:07 pm

Variety today (July 12) is reporting the July 19 airdate, with a quote from Matt:

"It's true we are not as big as Tom Cruise, but we've done two movies for Viacom and 10 years of 'South Park' episodes, and this has been our home," Stone said. "If they hadn't put this episode back on the air, we'd have had serious issues, and we wouldn't be doing anything else with them."

Now that MI:YIIIII has tanked, and the Phantom Baby has dropped, it appears Comedy Central feels safe enough to run the episode again. Hell, even a minor-league baseball team was playing it on a Jumbotron between innings...
Troll Whisperer
loozermom

MSN home page: video highlights South Park vs Tom Cruise

Postby loozermom » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:16 pm

At: http://www.msn.com/ --- in the video highlight section, there's a cute headline and cartoon picture of Tom Cruise w/ link to video...

South Park vs Tom Cruise - it's a nice 10 minute long video about re-airing of "Trapped in the Closet" - complete w/ clips! 8)

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=A7D18 ... f=06/64&p=

and there are others about "where's Suri?"
general disaray

Postby general disaray » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:47 pm

I'm sure SP will soon be bigger than Tom Cruise, since the world's just realizing what a stupid, crazy, douchebag he realy is
To alcohol, the cause of and solution to, all of lifes problems
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:35 pm

Tom Cruise can't take one little insult. That just proves what a big pussy he is. If I were Katie Holmes I'd get a restraining order and get the f*ck out with my baby.
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:57 pm

Not only is Trapped in the Closet set to air on July 19, but Bloody Mary is set to air August 2. I don't think anyone has mentioned this.Here is the link.

I'm glad CC has let these banned episodes air. I hope it doesn't get pulled. If TITC wins an emmy, there is no fu cking way they will pull it. If they don't, they probably won't, but they might.
Bloody Mary and TITC were two of my favorite episodes. I hope they get back on the air.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
PaleHorse

Good god I hate this country

Postby PaleHorse » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:21 pm

Freedom of speech, freedom from censorship, yet we have the goddamn FCC, and the goddamn people who still talk about how great this country is and yet violate the goddamn constitution. f*ck you Tom Cruise, I hope your baby runs the hell away from you and your f*cking freak of a wife to be with you. RUN BABY RUN!

As for Cartoon Wars showing Muhammad, I'm incredibly pissed that they aren't, Comedy Central you need a f*cking spine. Who gives a sh*t about terrorism, that would literally make DVD sales with that episode go through the goddamn roof. From the ethics side, who gives a f*ck if Muslims don't like it? Maybe if they cleaned the sand out of their vagina, masturbated, and had sex more often they wouldn't be so bitchy. Show Muhammad, let the government deal with the terrorists, and quit being such freakin pansies. If they don't like it, they don't have to watch it or live here. Get the f*ck out of whats supposed to be a FREE COUNTRY where you don't get PROSECUTED FROM RELIGION or CENSORED.
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:23 pm

*Gets out the troll-slayer sword*
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:28 am

Taranis_Music wrote:Tom Cruise can't take one little insult. That just proves what a big pussy he is. If I were Katie Holmes I'd get a restraining order and get the f*ck out with my baby.

Yeah but she's a Scientologist too IIRC.
nojo

Postby nojo » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:36 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:*Gets out the troll-slayer sword*

It's an honest rant, if misjudged, and it certainly plays to the choir. A troll would do the opposite, saying something divisive to draw attention. A case could be made that we're being patronized for ironic effect, but if so, the subtlety is lost on me.
Troll Whisperer
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:30 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:*Gets out the troll-slayer sword*

* Gets out the dictionary to point out the difference between a flamer and a troll *
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
spazmagee

Re: Good god I hate this country

Postby spazmagee » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:47 am

PaleHorse wrote:Freedom of speech, freedom from censorship, yet we have the goddamn FCC, and the goddamn people who still talk about how great this country is and yet violate the goddamn constitution. f*ck you Tom Cruise, I hope your baby runs the hell away from you and your f*cking freak of a wife to be with you. RUN BABY RUN!

As for Cartoon Wars showing Muhammad, I'm incredibly pissed that they aren't, Comedy Central you need a f*cking spine. Who gives a sh*t about terrorism, that would literally make DVD sales with that episode go through the goddamn roof. From the ethics side, who gives a f*ck if Muslims don't like it? Maybe if they cleaned the sand out of their vagina, masturbated, and had sex more often they wouldn't be so bitchy. Show Muhammad, let the government deal with the terrorists, and quit being such freakin pansies. If they don't like it, they don't have to watch it or live here. Get the f*ck out of whats supposed to be a FREE COUNTRY where you don't get PROSECUTED FROM RELIGION or CENSORED.

I disagree. Terroism is a big thing, and I think we should try everything in our power to stop it. And if a warning's right out there, plain as day, and we disobey it, do you realize how disrespectful that would make us seem? And that gets places and people pissed off. And when they're pissed off, they start fighting. And when they start fighting, innocent people tend to get hurt. I personally, truely believe that if we all, as a world, were to work in a compromise, things would be a lot better.

My hippie moment is over.
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:48 pm

Only thing now is to wait till tomorrow if it is shown that would be awesome
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:13 pm

^Yes, I really hope they actually show it tomorrow.

It would prove that the people over at Comedy Central are not total pussies, but then again they somewhat still are due to the whole Muhammad thing...

Yeah, they're still pussies.

:lol:
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:30 pm

They still show TITC in Canada.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission

Return to “General South Park Discussion”