The Official Butters Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:54 pm

i love it too when cartman tortures and tricks him and his parents be mean to him. i liked the end to jered has aides.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:13 pm

fattass12 wrote:i love it too when cartman tortures and tricks him and his parents be mean to him. i liked the end to jered has aides.

:lol: That has got to be the best SP ending ever. I think that was when I started liking him. I laughed so hard.

Oh man, Cartman's such a demented bastard. He watches Butters put on a condom like O.O and then he jacks off to him being tortured. Something seriously wrong with Cartman...
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:56 pm

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:I want to see more Pip, Damion, and Tweek and a return of Rebecca and Mark.

"More" Damien? Where the f*ck does that come in? Seriously, I do not understand the fandom's huge obsession with Damien. He had ONE episode and otherwise only appears in stupid little cameos. It'd be more like a return of Damien, like with Rebecca and Mark (whom I'd also love to see come back), but even then I don't really care about him. He's a one episode character, and that episode was in the first season. I just don't get it.

Anyway, yeah. Butters torture ROCKS. One of the best scenes ever is him getting nailed with a shuriken in the eye in Good Times With Weapons, that episode is amazing for giving Butters a hard time, it's awesome. You can't have an overly naive character like Butters and then NOT have sh*t happen to him, it wouldn't be funny, it'd be boring and it'd suck.

And you actually can do a rather nice bit with Kenny, since it is pretty easy to understand him now. He had a nice sized role in Manbearpig, with plenty of speaking parts and equality spread out among the four boys in that episode, with no Butters so speak of. That's part of the reason I love that episode so.

I'm totally fine with Butters in minor roles. He's the lead secondary character, so he doesn't really need any more main roles. Not for a while, I think. We've had Butters/Cartman episodes at least once per season since season seven, and sure, they're good episodes, but I don't find them amazing like everyone else claims they are, they do not make my favourites in the season and I find the formula a tad tiresome. "Cartman gets into a situation, so he uses Butters as his whipping boy." Well whoowee. Give me something new. I'd like to see some more Butters/Kenny interaction, the two barely do anything with each other, probably because when Butters rose to shine Kenny wasn't around anymore.

... More Professor Chaos too, yeah. Not since Good Times With Weapons, and before that, My Future Self 'n Me have we really seen him. He's a great part of Butters' character, it helps round things out with him more so he isn't simply a happy-go-lucky douche.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:09 am

iceiwynd wrote:
Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:I want to see more Pip, Damion, and Tweek and a return of Rebecca and Mark.

"More" Damien? Where the f*ck does that come in? Seriously, I do not understand the fandom's huge obsession with Damien. He had ONE episode and otherwise only appears in stupid little cameos. It'd be more like a return of Damien, like with Rebecca and Mark (whom I'd also love to see come back), but even then I don't really care about him. He's a one episode character, and that episode was in the first season. I just don't get it.

He's awesome? The devils son and he can do magic and is pissed off. He's very entertaining to me. Seriously, I don't expect our opinions to be the same. If you don't understand, that's fine, it's not a very big deal. I don't understand why a lot of people like the characters they do.

If you "don't get it" does it really matter? Sheesh, the way you reacted is like the whole f*cking world will collapse if I can't come up with a "good" reason for wanting more Damien.

MORE DAMIEN MORE DAMIEN MORE DAMIEN MORE DAMIEN MORE DAMIEN

It's like, move the letters above around and they might mean something and give you the secret clue as to why so many people want more Damien.

God damn, does everyone wanna tear me a new assh*le today or what. God f*cking damn..
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:13 am

yeah good times with weapons was hillariusdamien was dumb he was just a one episode character a long time ago get over it
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:21 am

Even if it's just a small joke, I definitely want more Chaos. It could be like the jokes in My Future Self 'n' Me and Krazy Kripples. I just want to see more of the Bringer of Destruction and Doom. He can get hurt or tortured through that role by some of the other boys. Butters torture is my favorite character trait of Butters. I love it when he's singing. "Lu lu lu" when he has that thing go into his ass in the Death of Eric Cartman. It's hilarious that he keeps his innocence even when he goes through all that. In the good words of C_91
Cartman_91, in the previous Butters thread, wrote:Butters Torture is the best part of the show. Lets hope for more pain for Butters in the future

It's not exactly the best part of the show, but I know what he's talking about. ;P

I think Butters should have a minor role in a lot of episodes. IMO, he should have a minor role in four or five episodes, and he should have one major role per a season or so. Once again, it's not because I think he deserves less screen time, I just think the other characters deserve more screen time. He's only had one minor role this season, and I think he should be used in two or three episodes in the second half.

Butters and Cartman episodes are best when Cartman's fooling Butters. Casa Bonita and Awesome-O are both in my top five favorite episodes of all time. It's great in Casa Bonita because Butters thinks Cartman's being so nice, when he's really being a selfish assh*le. Butters innocence and naivety is hilarious in those situations.

I've said this before, but I don't think Kenny and Butters would work. I can't quite point out exactly what wouldn't work, but I don't think it would. I guess I would have to see Kenny's actual personality before I can make a true judgment, but I just can't see it happening.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:22 am

Can't see it happening? I just want to see them interact more, not a whole episode or half an episode or whatever between the two.

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:damien loving etc

It just baffles me as to how popular he's gotten when he has only had one role in a very old episode and does not come around anymore.
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:36 am

iceiwynd wrote:Can't see it happening? I just want to see them interact more, not a whole episode or half an episode or whatever between the two.

I would love to see that, too, then. I've heard talk before about them having a whole episode about them so I assumed that's what you meant.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:21 pm

*raises hand sheepishly* I wouldn't mind seeing more Damien. I know, he's such an old, forgotten character, but the fandom's doing a great job of keeping him around. XD usually with Pip in tow.

Regardless, there are other characters I'd like to see more. Like, hmm, I don't know, KENNY? D: I'd be so happy if he managed more than a few lines in upcoming episodes. I miss him so hardcore.

And Professor Chaos totally needs to pop up again. XD Butters just isn't the same without his inner evil trying to surface. He's such a sweetheart. I like when his subconcious torment comes to light. : p Even if it's disgustingly adorable and employs hamsters.
butters489

Postby butters489 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:34 pm

This is a little weird, but I've always wanted to see Butters fight Damien................... I haven't a clue why. :?

Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:05 pm

butters489 wrote:This is a little weird, but I've always wanted to see Butters fight Damien................... I haven't a clue why. :?

8( Unless you want Butters to turn into a smouldering grease-stain, I don't think it'd be wise.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:51 pm

Oneirogenic wrote:
butters489 wrote:This is a little weird, but I've always wanted to see Butters fight Damien................... I haven't a clue why. :?

8( Unless you want Butters to turn into a smouldering grease-stain, I don't think it'd be wise.

More like a smouldering smelly green grass stain (Sorry, I just had to do that; a danielprive joke was just so open right there).

So it seems there's one thing we all agree that we need to see more Professor Chaos, and most of us agree that Butters torture is hilarious. We all also agree that Butters should move a bit into the background to make room for other characters, specifically Tweek and Kenny. Why not a new topic?

Does anyone thing Butters would be a good fighter? I know he would be able to take a lot of punishment because of the torture he's gone through in his life, but does anyone think he would throw a punch?
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:28 pm

What, do you mean simply physically? 'cause even when he gets really pissed off, Butters still doesn't hurt anyone (he was only brave enough to say "f*ck you" to Cartman after he had been beaten up). He doesn't have the right attitude to actually hurt someone himself, despite being Professor Chaos. He's too sweet-hearted and a bit cowardly.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:33 pm

The only way I can ever see Butters hurting someone is by accident, although that's something that's already been done to [i:5e287]him[/i:5e287] on a few occasions. I think it would be hilarious if one of his schemes as Professor Chaos inadvertently succeeded, causing a great deal of damage and forcing Butters to go on a tremendous guilt trip. Unfortunately we haven't seen Professor Chaos ever since episode 801, and he'd probably be reluctant to break out his costume again after that incident.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Haha, I got you guys. He already has physically hurt people. He's killed like 16 people. I got you guys so bad. He killed 16 people in two tap-dancing tragedies. :P

But seriously, I couldn't really see him hurting anyone, either. He's too innocent, and I couldn't see him throwing any punches or even slaps. After all the beatings his parents have given him, and he couldn't learn by example and give Awesom-O a hurtful beating. You would think he would have learned something from his parents, but he really hasn't.

I think Butters could be Professor Chaos if the circumstances are extreme enough. He didn't want to tap-dance ever again, but he ended up dancing anyway. If he's completely angry, I think he could end up being the Bringer of Destruction and Doom again. It would be a good thing for the show. It's the role Butters fits best in because he's not supposed to be accepted by the others, and that's his way to get revenge.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.

Return to “Character Discussion”