Best mini-commentary anecdote

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Best mini-commentary anecdote

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:43 pm

So what's your favorite anecdote from Matt & Trey's mini-commentaries over the years?

Two come to mind for me from season 6:

Trey's story about observing the behavior of two guys at a party when one tried to sneek closer to the other guy and his woman on a sofa as the inspiration for Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society.

A story told by Trey for Child Abduction Isn't Funny where he recalls seeing two kids fighting over a toy in a toy store after that episode had aired. When one kid takes the toy from the other, the first kid yells out, "Goddamn Mong'rians!"

Another interesting one for me was that Red Hot Chili Peppers' guitarist Flea is basically the reason Rainforest Schmainforest happened.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:47 pm

I haven't heard many. [The first 3-4 I think, actually. -__-]

But, the one in 'Volcano' where they talk about where they got the influence of using a weird... 'British' accent for the volcano preperation was pretty damn funny, and I listened to it like 4-5 times I think. @_@
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:30 am

Probably Kenny Dies. They were trying to copy Monty Python by making a serious episode with no jokes then they just said screw it and added jokes.
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:52 am

I liked the commentary for Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset mainly because they actually like girls with brains. Also, hearing them not only rip on Paris Hilton but the ones who complain about her and still buy her sh*t was entertaining.

I liked Butt Out because I agree with them.

I haven't heard all of them but most are pretty entertaining. I always think they do the best commentaries. I kind of like Cannibal's commentary better than Orgazmos but it's still funny.

I guess it's the quality of the commentary not the quantity.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
Kennyrox666

Postby Kennyrox666 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:22 am

I think it's South Park is Gay, well the one where they talk about the first episode they introduced the crab people becuase they couldn't come up with any smart ideas, so they accidentally came up with an incredibly stupid one. That's amusing. Crab people suck...yet they rock at the same time.
Ok, who stold my stuff...?
Nadine81

Postby Nadine81 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:33 am

Most of them are quite funny, but i really like:

- The new T&P movie trailer: The story about Russel Crow and that they had to listen to his album was just great.

- Up the down steroid: the part where Matt says, he acted like a disabled when they wanted to get in somewhere for free.

- Tweek vs. Craig: Trey telling that he and Pam Brady met a guy at the airport ("Richard").

- Fat butt and pancake head: when they say they saw Ben Affleck at a party and he had a really flat face. And the J Lo story was good too...

- death camp of tolerance: nobody (except for M&T) thought that Lemmiwinks was funny.
SerialGoth

Postby SerialGoth » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:30 am

Trey's final words in the commentray for "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" on Greatest Hits, Vol. 1, in which he addresses Paris Hilton directly and calls her a stupid bitch. The venom in his voice was so sincere, and since I share his feelings about that stupid semen depository disguised as a female, I could'nt help but laugh when I heard it.
What do you fear most?
TP: Germans.
MS: That's not a bad f*cking fear, I must say.
TP: They're going to freak out and try it again.
Adorno

Postby Adorno » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:40 am

I liked in It Hits The Fan when they talked about the network turning them down when they wanted to use the word sh*t, but then letting them when they said "Well what if we said it like 200 times".

I also thought it was funny when they were telling the story about Russel Crowe in The New Terrance and Phillip Movie Trailer.

The Lemmiwinks story is great too, Lemmiwinks is hilarious, I can't believe no one else thought it was funny in the studio.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:14 pm

I liked all mentioned above. They are basically all great. To mention one from the 1st season, I think Matt's Bob Saget story (Cartman's Mom Is a Dirty Slut) is very funny.
Their commentaries are the best ever! I love it when they laugh at each other's jokes and stories and stuff.
You guys mentioned some episodes that I haven't found commentaries to... How can I get the mini commentaries to the seasons from the 8th one?
A Giant Douche

Postby A Giant Douche » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:21 am

Trapper Keeper 2000: when Trey talked about his friend who used to say "I lost the keys to my human room, I mean room!" when he was in a hotel.
I feel really safe, oh my GOD!
Nadine81

Postby Nadine81 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:15 am

strumpfhose wrote:Their commentaries are the best ever! I love it when they laugh at each other's jokes and stories and stuff.
You guys mentioned some episodes that I haven't found commentaries to... How can I get the mini commentaries to the seasons from the 8th one?

I always have to laugh too, when they do that. Just because I think it´s so funny that they laugh at their own jokes so much- for example in "Cartman´s incredible gift", when they laugh at the face- warmer- joke.

And you can find the commentaries here:
http://www.spschat.com/misc/media.html

By the way: Big Will, thanks a lot for the commentaries! Although I have the DVDs I still prefer listening to them there, because it´s so comfortable :).
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:42 pm

Was watching The Entity last night and it reminded me of the mini-commentary for that episode. Matt & Trey recall there experieces with a brand new Segway scooter; getting all pumped to get one, and then being totally let down when they saw what it was.

And then they break the damn thing by taking it off jumps. :lol:

You read it! You can't unread it!
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:29 pm

Nadine81 wrote:
I always have to laugh too, when they do that. Just because I think it´s so funny that they laugh at their own jokes so much- for example in "Cartman´s incredible gift", when they laugh at the face- warmer- joke.

And you can find the commentaries here:
http://www.spschat.com/misc/media.html

Yeah, you can't help but laugh whenever you hear them laughing x) And just before the face-warmer joke when Trey's explaning how the Christmas time was coming "and there'll be ham and..." and Matt starts laughing his ass (or actually his voice) off at the freaky music just before the hospital scene. What the hell was that music anyway?! XD

And yeah, I checked the spschat media site out just after posting that post. I didn't know it was updated :)
Quentown

Postby Quentown » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:14 am

"Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" is a good one, especially when Trey calls Paris Hilton a dog. But for some reason "Quest For Ratings" is the one that sticks out in my mind. Just them talking about animals close-up with a wide-angle lens and everything else in the commentary just makes me laugh.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:09 pm

Oh, and in Volcano commentary, it's funny when they tell how they invited a bunch of friends from Colorado to watch the pilot episode of South Park, and then instead of letting them watch it, they made everyone listen their band play, "super f*cked up" XD

"And after that we partied and we thought it was a great party and probably everyone else thought it kinda sucked..."

"We used to do cool stuff like that."
"Yeah, we used to be cool."

Return to “General South Park Discussion”