*1011: Hell on Earth 2006*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:23 pm

Indeed, really all of MTV sucks. Back in the day when It was actually about music(I didn't mind some beavis and butthead), it was great, not they're still in their "dating stage" and fill the schedule with terrible reality shows about guys in abercrombie and girls with too much money and time on there hands that no one cares about.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:28 pm

Not a bad episode, but there were waaaaaay too many missed opportunities. I laughed at times, but I came away from it feeling somewhat disappointed.

Positives:

* Satan's character was rounded out nicely overall, and I love how SP has always portrayed him as more than just a one-dimensional evil ruler. His whiny tantrum towards the end was just so appropriate.
* The Three Murderers bit was pretty easy to see coming, but funny nonetheless, if only because I've been waiting for SP to do a Three Stooges parody for quite some time.
* The interaction between Butters and BIG made a good running gag. But damn if he isn't a poor shot.
* Another not-so-subtle jab at pedophile priests. Too bad they didn't get their comeuppance though.
* The Steve Irwin tribute was just perfect, especially when Satan tried to handle the situation gingerly after he showed up.

Negatives:

* It's been said, but where the hell was Kenny? Now it's like they're not even trying, even for an episode where it seems screamingly obvious that he should get a role. He wasn't even with the boys in Stan's bathroom. It's like he doesn't exist anymore.
* The rest of the boys got too small of a role, with the possible exception of Butters.
* The ending was kind of disappointing, and made it seem like the episode ran out of steam by that point. SP is known for its memorable endings, but that one was forgettable.

Overall 7/10 but I'll have to watch it again.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:14 pm

Not a bad episode.

I liked it,but not as much as I thought I would. The main problem with this episode is that their was too many things going on at once. It started out good with the satan/Biggie Smalls storylines. But then we got the "3 murderers" and "catholic preists" plot lines. They were both funny but they were also unnecissary. And they kind of dampened the other two storylines and made them less funny.

The "super sweet 16" parody was good. I've tried watching that show and it literally made my eyes bleed. And the whole time I kept thinking of Paris Hilton. It shows that Matt and Trey really do hate spoiled little whores.

The "Notorious B.I.G." parody was good too. "I'm going-going back-back to cali-cali." I had that song stuck in my head all day today. As for the usage of the "n" word,I thought it was funny. It's only the second episode we've actually heard them say that. And Butters talking like a gangster was hillarious and was my favorite part of the episode.

The "Three stooges" parody was funny but pointless. They failed in getting the farrari cake and then they died. That didn't really contribute to the plot. And I feel the same way about the catholic priests.

One more thing to complain about,would be the ending. It just ended with them dancing? We never see how the rest of the party goes. We never see the boys reaction to the biggie smalls summoning. We got to see them in shock,but nothing after that. And we didn't even get to see Butters get grounded.

Oh well.

Despite the crammed storylines,it was a solid episode.

Final Rating:8/10
dey_turk_majurb

Postby dey_turk_majurb » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:30 pm

swellman7 The "Three stooges" parody was funny but pointless. They failed in getting the farrari cake and then they died. That didn't really contribute to the plot.

Ah yeah it did! By them messing up the cake and having it replaced by a Acura cake!It showed that Satan was Acting Like a Stupid Spoiled Whore!
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:35 pm

I, personally loved it. I really like the Biggie Smalls parts. But yeah, I would've liked Kenny to be in that one. When Butters said the word nigga I was like "Holy sh*t!"
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:54 pm

My opinion is pretty much like Kyle the Skeptics. The ending DID feel kinda abrupt, like they were leading up too something more and more and then...it cuts too the credits. Good that they showed Butters in a good light(even stood up too Cartman!).

BTW, Butters says nigga, not the full-blown n word. With butters accent, I thought for sure he said that. Thats one word even Garrison got cut off with(Heres Comes the Neighborhood)

I also love the way Satan handled the Steve Irwin thing. I thought he was gonna make a mockery of it like in Prehistoric Ice Man, but he handled with with lots of care("It's just a little soon ya know?"). For those asking, It IS okay too wear a Croc Hunter costume, it actually would do him justice as it shows you care, though some might naturally be offended by it.[/b]

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:04 pm

I just watched it and it was a decent episode. A lot of shock value which was funny. The three murders was just priceless. The Steve Irwin gag was perfect, they made a joke but said i was to soon and contridicted themselves, nice touch. The whole Satan thing just wasn't funny, I really find Satan boring. Butters was funny and Biggie Smalls was decent. The opening plan with setting the party up was way to long. The Catholic boys on the leash was funny, and Butters dancing was hilarious.

Not the best of the run/season but it was decent.
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:06 pm

Pretty clever and pretty funny. It had the potential, but fell a little short in my opinion, but funny nonetheless. I thought cartman spitting biggie versus was comical.

...two things, biggie should have held the gun sideways and he needs a little more time at the shooting range.
NoSu

Postby NoSu » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:21 pm

I thought it was good , I mean it kinda felt a little random.

Personally I wasn't offended by any of it , The croc hunter bit was fantastic .

And I also love seeing more gore.

I honestly don't understand why they couldn't of had kenny , He could of been killed by biggie . And we'd get the traditional line again, I do miss kenny being killed.. hell i miss kenny being in episodes.
Halfhuman007

Postby Halfhuman007 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:37 pm

Pretty much, I agree with all that have already been said. My biggest pet peeve was that Kenny was missing (Yet AGAIN) from an episode where he could have been a biiig benefactor. Well, whatever, I suppose. Butters... That was the only good part of the episode was Butters, he was sooo freakin' funny. This time... LoL. And the Three Stooges thing? That was kinda late, I mean, if they wanted to do something like that, they should have done it sooner, not when everyone's like, "Three Stooges? Where the hell did that come from?" The Steve Irwin part was awesome though. And I liked how bratty Satan became. But, I wonder, where the heck did the lover come in? Saddam wasn't there, and neither was Chris... did he have a different boyfriend before...? Hmm...

Other than that... I really wish they would put Kenny back into the episodes... to do SOMETHING. I mean... everyone's had a bigger speaking part for the past season but kenny... even Tweek. Grrr.... :evil:
If you die, there's a chance you may not have children. It's true!
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:52 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:How many other people don't like the redesigned look of Satan? :?

I don't. :evil:
RAppel

Postby RAppel » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:57 pm

Crappiest season 10 EP!
DVDA - Now You're A Man
http://www.tinyurl.dk/9507
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:00 pm

luxurious wrote:
Nommel wrote:
Nostromo wrote:Without a doubt, one of the best episodes in a LONG time.

Was anyone else shocked when they dropped the n-bomb?

n*gger? Not me, I say n*gger all the time. I don't see why people get so pissed off over the word n*gger.

If you really have absolutely no idea then you're absolutely retarded.

You're retarded just for not knowing what it means to be

JOKING
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:13 pm

On Steve Irwin: In my opinion, in the comedy world, there should never be a "too soon."

On abrupt ending/lower ratings: Watch the episode again. It's one of those ones that just gets better with each viewing.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:16 pm

Uhhhhh, nevermind, slowing down the voices, he does indeed say the n-word(really, it's too close too tell).

It dosen't suprise me, because it's being said in a joking manner, wheras Mr.Garrison said it in the offensive way in Here Comes the Neighborhood, which is why he gets cuts off by the credits. 'sides, innocent Butters watchs the "Black Entertainment" channel and does everything he's told and listen too, can't blame him for saying the word[/b]

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”