Steve Irwin in South Park

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ameliap

Steve Irwin appearance in Hell on Earth 2006 - Unforgivable

Postby ameliap » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:21 pm

I was very disappointed to hear about your new Halloween episode. How could you make light of Steve Irwin's death and depict it in such a horrific manner? This is most tragic for the Irwin family. My heart goes out to them during their time of grief and I'm certain you will find there are quite a few people who will share my view. It is unbelievable that anyone could stoop so low. Are you so desperate for ideas that you have to resort to something so awful? What if you lost a close family member in a tragic accident? How would you feel if they were depicted this way? Steve Irwin was one of the most admirable human beings to ever grace our planet. He gave of himself, unselfishly every day, in many ways throughout his entire life. It is a very sad thing that people like you are only concerned with self gratification and ratings. The saddest thing of all is that you are allowed to thrive on this type of disgusting behaviour and that innocent people (Steve's family and friends) have to be hurt by it. South Park will never be allowed in our home again, any and all South Park material we owned have now been thrown in the garbage and I feel ashamed to have contributed to your financial gain in any way. I have many friends who are also huge fans of Steve Irwin and his cause. Who knows...this may be the beginning of the end for South Park. :x
Last edited by ameliap on Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amelia (Ontario,Canada)
Ferrari_Cake_

Postby Ferrari_Cake_ » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:54 pm

Are u serious?
Sasa42

Postby Sasa42 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:22 pm

I think one of the things that people are going to be offended by is the stingray detail. As hilarious as I find it, it does add that extra shock value because it's possibly poking fun at how he was killed and that it's portraying the way he actually died, which I don't believe they've done before.

Also, the uneducated will find the fact that Steve Irwin is in Hell offensive, though, if they knew more about South Park's ideology they would know that only Mormons go to Heaven. Then again, God has been allowing others in nowadays hasn't he? Hmm. Well celebrities seem popular in Hell. Maybe that's why he's down there.
Hello, I'm a British person!
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:34 pm

Sasa42 wrote:Also, the uneducated will find the fact that Steve Irwin is in Hell offensive, though, if they knew more about South Park's ideology they would know that only Mormons go to Heaven. Then again, God has been allowing others in nowadays hasn't he? Hmm. Well celebrities seem popular in Hell. Maybe that's why he's down there.

Yeah, I mean like "Saint Princess Diana" would really be in hell, wouldn't she?! :roll:

Also, South Park's depictions of hell aren't always as terrible as people are led to believe. Satan walks through a park in bloom in Do The Handicapped Go To Hell? and Probably.

As we're growing up, we're all told hell is a terrible place. But as a non-believer in all that crap, how does anyone know a) if such a place exists and b) if it does, that it could be a place just like the world now, but you have to live with a permanent itch you just can't reach?? :twisted:

If everyone got over their own fears about death and where we go afterwards, maybe we wouldn't have such prejudices.
Email notifications do matter, people.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:00 pm

I think this was just their version of a tribute. But I think they went a little far with the ray, unless he was supposed to be himself... I dunno.
PureOxygen

Postby PureOxygen » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:36 pm

I Cant complain.... I mean ive watched irwin on teh Croc Hunter & Bic Croc diarie's since i was a yvery young boy... yes i am a little upset but i cant really bitch and moan cause that would make me a hypocrit because they have poked fun at many people and celebrity's and event's that are tragic yet i havent complained, Why complain now? i mean did you guys not see this coming? Being as you claim you have been a fan for many years you should have saw this coming weeks ago... i mean 2 days after steve died my girlfriend turned to me and said 'I bet south park will take the piss somehow...'

All i can say now is it is way too soon.... if you had him on the episode thats fine! but why with a stingray hanging out his chest? I mean thats just wrong and mean, given the circumstances of how he died.

I am still going to continue to watch south park because i would be as bad as Isaac Hayes laughing at other things that offend others then get pissed when it comes to something i believe/Love.... no... its not going to happen.
Bobo92

Postby Bobo92 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:51 pm

Ugh, why do people keep joining just to express their outrage at something? Why are you telling us, anyway? Go write to M&T.

And honestly, I've seen way more offensive things on South Park. Your whole entire post is completely ridiculous.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:05 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:
Sasa42 wrote:Also, the uneducated will find the fact that Steve Irwin is in Hell offensive, though, if they knew more about South Park's ideology they would know that only Mormons go to Heaven. Then again, God has been allowing others in nowadays hasn't he? Hmm. Well celebrities seem popular in Hell. Maybe that's why he's down there.

Yeah, I mean like "Saint Princess Diana" would really be in hell, wouldn't she?! :roll:

Also, South Park's depictions of hell aren't always as terrible as people are led to believe. Satan walks through a park in bloom in Do The Handicapped Go To Hell? and Probably.

As we're growing up, we're all told hell is a terrible place. But as a non-believer in all that crap, how does anyone know a) if such a place exists and b) if it does, that it could be a place just like the world now, but you have to live with a permanent itch you just can't reach?? :twisted:

If everyone got over their own fears about death and where we go afterwards, maybe we wouldn't have such prejudices.

What about Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta? In South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, during the song "I Can Change", Saddam Hussein sings, "Mother Teresa wouldn't have taken a s**t on me"; it was just because she died in 1997. I'm getting angry about this, and just because she was declared blessed in 2003 after all the good she did on this earth before 1997 doesn't mean that she deserved to go to hell and all that. She was a Catholic, and so am I, so I believe she's watching over us in heaven, and so is the late Pope John Paul II.
Bunneh

Postby Bunneh » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:40 pm

I thought it was pretty funny. I loved the sting ray sticking out of his chest.
I do see what you mean though. Steve Irwin was a great guy and I sympathize with his family.
I just personaly don't get offended easily by this kind of thing.

ameliap wrote: South Park will never be allowed in our home again, any and all South Park material we owned have now been thrown in the garbage and I feel ashamed to have contributed to your financial gain in any way.

That's pathetic. What a waste, just thorwing everything out over one silly episode. Grow up and get over yourself.
Last edited by Bunneh on Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisa8476

Postby lisa8476 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:40 pm

its no big deal that he was in hell...if you watch previous episodes you'd see that the mormons are the only ones that make it to heaven...i actually thought it was nice of them to create a whole new character just for steve irwin. yeah if *this* is the episode that offended you- you should definitely stop watching south park- your head may spin completely off your body if you see some of the rest of the sh*t they do lol
lisa g. ;)
"come on, baby, in our dreams, we can live our misbehavior" -the arcade fire
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:27 pm

Hey, if I died in the SP universe, I know I would ant to be in Hell. Yes, it may have been a bit shocking, particularly with the stingray in his chest. That is just the way of things, the shock value is all part of the humor in SP. Deal with it or stop watching the show, nobody is forcing you to watch it. Especially the Aussies that have not even show or went out of their way to download it merely because of the Steve Irwin reference. If you thought it may be offensive, then why did you watch it? Or are you just blathering about something that you have not even seen for yourself? Now that would make quite a prick, wouldn\'t it?
Tweak_Hammertime

Postby Tweak_Hammertime » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:27 pm

i do find it pretty disturbing, but thats just SP's way. It was also daily mail today i think, for all of those english people who might have seen it too. The picture shown looked quite shameful of the poor guy, bearing in mind he has two children. One of which (being his 8 year old daughter) is already following in his footsteps by making her own program.
Nicccceeeeee!!
We love you england, we do!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:55 pm

It could have just been a SP-style tribute if nothing else. It's been a while since the whole thing happened, so the timing is ok. I thought it was funny. Just like Stan said in Timmy 2000 "Just because we laugh at something doesn't mean we don't care about it".
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
PureOxygen

Postby PureOxygen » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:22 pm

I think its in bad taste but someone would have done it eventualy, but as always it was good ol' south park. I loved Steve but it wont stop me watching SP...
fourxwalls

Steve irwin sh*t

Postby fourxwalls » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:26 pm

Im 22 and have been a huge fan of this show since like 7th grade, i think its hella funny when u make fun of people like tome cruise and michael jackson or whatever, but u guys just went to f*cking far making fun of steve irwins death, i mean the dude just croaked like a month ago, have a little respect for his family at least. I'm never watching this show again...............assh*les

Return to “General South Park Discussion”