*1011: Hell on Earth 2006*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MCkormick2

Postby MCkormick2 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:37 am

BRMBug, I think Lady Di (whose presence in hell didn't enrage the British BBS community even one bit) was dressed as Lara Croft Tomb Raider, but I'm not sure.

Did anyone see the "Chef" guy? I noticed him, but I couldn't find Mohammed. I did see an Arab guy, but he was wearing a sefadjin, not a turban, and the original Mohammed from "Super Best Friends" wore a turban.

Well, I think that, being a joke, I can take anything in South Park. But, South Park isn't just jokes. There's also a lot of social commentary. I mean, what kind of scientologist wouldn't feel offended at the end of "Trapped in the Closet"? And, of course, Paris Hilton should feel offended at the end of "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset", and I think, in some ways, she did, but didn't go public with her rage, because, come on, what moral ground does she have?

If a "super sweet sexteen" girl watched this episode, she'd probably feel offended too. After all, it can be inferred that there was no joke on the criticism of their behavior. But, Steve Irwin? Crickey, I mean, he was a crocodile hunter. It wouldn't be offensive if he died of pneumonia?
The joke, in my opinion, wasn't on him, but rather on those people who think it's too soon to make fun of him. I still think it wasn't a shameworthy death. He died doing what he loved: Sticking his thumb up animals butts. He knew there was a risk, but he still did it. He was trained. And the only way this could be considered funny if it's related to the refusal of people to make fun of him.

On another note, I didn't think "A Milliion Little Fibers" was s bad. Sure, it was bad, and it didn't have any of the boys, but, after I saw it for the second time, I laughed. First time, I didnt like it, and, in shock of it's suckinees, didn't get the joke. I still give the vote for "worse episode...ever" to "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics". There was and episode with no plot. If I wanted absense of plot, I'd watch Kill Bill, or Fear Factor. If I could tell wich is wich, of course.
This is not a sig.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:44 am

MCkormick2 wrote:I think Lady Di (whose presence in hell didn't enrage the British BBS community even one bit) was dressed as Lara Croft Tomb Raider, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, she was. And, no it didn't enrage me. Mainly because we (most of the British) have a sense of humour. I mean look at the rest of the Royal family... :wink:
Email notifications do matter, people.
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:00 am

This was a good season so far up until this episode.

This ep was just weak and lame.

It had potential in places but it might be the worst episode ever.

You can put rich and famous people and celebs in hell all day for all I care and as far as i'm concerned that's where they belong.

I wasn't offended by this ep it's just that it wasn't funny.

Certain aspects of this ep had the potential to be funny but it didn't really work because it was too Satan-centric.

I find the whole Satan Saddam Jesus Santa Claus crap to be some of the unfunniest episodes.Way dumber than Terrence and Philip.Also I'm not fond of the serial killers being in episodes either.They're some of the less funny episodes.

It took balls to make a Steve Irwin joke but let's face it,that was in poor taste.Pick a better target for your derision like Bill Clinton.
He has barely been touched by South Park.You should be screwing that motherf*cker blind!!!!!!!!!!!

South Park should atleast make fun of Bill Clinton more than it makes fun of Jesus.

Come on,what are you guys,LAME!????? :lol:
LBius

Postby LBius » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:06 am

MCkormick2 wrote:I still give the vote for "worse episode...ever" to "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics". There was and episode with no plot. If I wanted absense of plot, I'd watch Kill Bill, or Fear Factor. If I could tell wich is wich, of course.

I vouch that this comment be removed from the thread on account of it showing gross ignorance from the poster. MHCC was the first Christmas episode since the passing of Mary Kay and was a fantastic display, in song, of the voices she had performed on the series.

That year, the world lost a great voice actor.

hainted wrote:Pick a better target for your derision like Bill Clinton.
He has barely been touched by South Park.You should be screwing that motherf*cker blind!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, because we know that having a Bill Clinton reference *now*, when he hasn't done anything in the past few years, would show how up-to-date South Park is, right?

hainted wrote:Come on,what are you guys,LAME!????? :lol:

I don't think criticism goes too well if you try to offend the creators in a rhetoric laced with poor grammar...
Sorry, I mean, !!!!!111??!~!!!

I'm not trying to blast you - everyone has a way to express their opinion - but if you want to be taken a little more seriously, just use one exclamation point; it means the same thing anyway.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:16 am

LBius wrote:
MCkormick2 wrote:I still give the vote for "worse episode...ever" to "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics". There was and episode with no plot. If I wanted absense of plot, I'd watch Kill Bill, or Fear Factor. If I could tell wich is wich, of course.

I vouch that this comment be removed from the thread on account of it showing gross ignorance from the poster. MHCC was the first Christmas episode since the passing of Mary Kay and was a fantastic display, in song, of the voices she had performed on the series.

Just because Bergman died doesn't mean that the episode didn't lack plot. It did. Bergman's death has nothing to do with it, and calling MCkormick2 ignorant is just retarded. e_e
fresh2death

Postby fresh2death » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:37 am

lol nigga that episode was mos def top 10,i cant wait on holoween im gonna be like BIGGIE SMALLSin my mirrrrorrr(rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr key is stuck) but i didnt laugh at the irwin thing,even tho i wasnt offended,great episode best of 10th season IMO
bOgan_X

Postby bOgan_X » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:18 am

iceiwynd wrote:
Darth Grizzla wrote:What were you guys trying to do?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, make people laugh?

Oh no. They showed Steve Irwin. How HORRIBLE. They weren't even truly mocking him (the closest is by having the stingray hanging out of his chest, which is hilarious).

No its not hilarious....FFS how is that hilarious.

Stuff going in and out of Cartmans ass is hilarious
Saddam is hilarious, Mr Garrison is hilarious.

Steve Irwin with a stingray barb in his chest is not funny
and it is very offensive to many many Australians.
Prof. Destructo

Postby Prof. Destructo » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:23 am

bOgan_X wrote:Steve Irwin with a stingray barb in his chest is not funny

HOLY CRAP!! SOUTH PARK IS OFFENSIVE TO PEOPLE!!? ALERT THE MEDIA!!!

Oh wait, everyone knows South Park is offensive. Grow up.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:09 am

Prof. Destructo wrote:
bOgan_X wrote:Steve Irwin with a stingray barb in his chest is not funny

HOLY CRAP!! SOUTH PARK IS OFFENSIVE TO PEOPLE!!? ALERT THE MEDIA!!!

Oh wait, everyone knows South Park is offensive. Grow up.

Ye.. Thank You! *pointing to screen* That pretty much sums it up right there. Now can we go on to talking about the rest of the episode AROUND the Steve Irwin thing?

P.S. Thanks MCkormick2
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:19 am

[quote="LBius":03493][quote="MCkormick2":03493]I still give the vote for "worse episode...ever" to "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics". There was and episode with no plot. [i:03493]If I wanted absense of plot, I'd watch Kill Bill, or Fear Factor. If I could tell wich is wich, of course.[/i:03493][/quote:03493]

[quote="hainted":03493]Pick a better target for your derision like Bill Clinton.
He has barely been touched by South Park.You should be screwing that motherf*cker blind!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:03493]
Yeah, because we know that having a Bill Clinton reference *now*, when he hasn't done anything in the past few years, would show how up-to-date South Park is, right?

[quote="hainted":03493]Come on,what are you guys,LAME!????? :lol:[/quote:03493]
I don't think criticism goes too well if you try to offend the creators in a rhetoric laced with poor grammar...
Sorry, I mean, !!!!!111??!~!!!

I'm not trying to blast you - everyone has a way to express their opinion - but if you want to be taken a little more seriously, just use one exclamation point; it means the same thing anyway.[/quote:03493]

Oh please,grammar? You're complaining about grammar?

Look,I thought the ep f*cking sucked and that's my opinion on it and whoever doesn't like that can go f*ck themselves.

I'm not really looking to be taken too f*cking seriously on a f*cking cartoon messageboard,okay?

And what was your other lame point? Oh yeah current events.Since when are current events the only thing that South Park makes fun of or is aloud to make fun of?

Make points that don't suck and then people will take you more seriously.

And Clinton is in current events anyways you f*cking moronic little asshat.He was just on Fox News recently sprouting devil horns and he is also pushing his commie CGI like it's dope!

So inhale that if you know what is is.

8) was that more to your liking cockfuck?
Tommy22MR

Postby Tommy22MR » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:46 am

That episode was really funny!
I liked the catholic priests and bishops with their children. *lol*
And Steve Irwin showing up was kind of... hm, what is the english word?.... well, in german it's "morbid"... but nevertheless it was funny, seeing him with that thing dangling from his chest!

But I missed the promised Ex-Lover. Did anyone notice him???

Another question: Who spoke Biggie Small? To me he sounded very very very like Isaac Hayes....
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:44 pm

He sounded just like the lead gangster from Krazy Kripples.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:47 pm

MCkormick2 wrote:I think Lady Di (whose presence in hell didn't enrage the British BBS community even one bit) was dressed as Lara Croft Tomb Raider, but I'm not sure.

Yeeeeeeeees. And it made me happy because Laura Croft is f*cking great. Princess Di... eh whatever. XDD

But they made her shirt white instead of that pea-green swim suit that would be so recognizable.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:52 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:He sounded just like the lead gangster from Krazy Kripples.

"On the creator's commentary, Trey Parker said that because no one on the South Park staff (besides Vernon Chatman who provides the voice of Towelie) is black, he had to go out into the street and find three or four black men to record the voices of the bloods and the crips." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krazy_Kripples

He also sounds like Nut-Gobbler's pimp from Erection Day.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Uncle Alex

Postby Uncle Alex » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:09 pm

This is overall an old-style episode, without any references to recent political events. So M&T don't refuse that sort of plots and IMHO it's good.
The episode is rather funny (Biggie, three maniacs, the whole thing of Satan speaking sinister about the oncoming... Halloween party in LA (resembles "Are You There God..." with Jesus organizing Rod Stewart's concert)), but some points off because of the ending. It seems... eh... unfinished: it's just predictable and straightforward. I guess M&T didn't have much time before the deadline to make it better.
Shtaad, boded but shtaad ©

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”