*1012: Go God Go*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:17 am

God damn, another cliffhanger, and a "where the f*ck is next Wednesday" one at that! The ep was better than I originally thought it was going to be.

First off, Mrs. Garrison’s speech on evolution was just plain awesome! "Retard monkeys having buttsex with a fish-squirrel" I love it! It’s just so silly and funny. :P

Cartman freezing himself so that he could instantly wake up three weeks later just in time for the release of the Nintendo Wii, how Cartmany! Too bad the plan backfired and sent him 500 years into the future. That future looks pretty cool!

And Mrs. Garrison and that other science teacher grouping together to put an end to religion. How funny, especially since the new Atheist way of life was how the future that Cartman woke up in was ran by. Funniest part is there are two Atheist factions fighting each other. Though the relationship between the two teachers was funny, since Mrs. Garrison was originally a man, the sex scenes were kinda...uhhh...disturbing....:shock:

EP RATING: 8.5/10, , it lost .5 because, well, Mrs. Garrison’s boobs are scary. :P
Last edited by Mr. Hat_DX27 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:18 am

iceiwynd wrote: And that was the best damn evolution explanation I've EVER heard.

For real dude!!! Evolution is so lame and Mrs. Garrison pretty much said it better than anyone!!! Points for Mrs. Garrison!
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:26 am

I believe in evolution even though I'm a Christian, but... yeah. Mrs. Garrison's explanation of evolution was the best part of the whole episode. This is looking good, can't wait for Part II. Keep up the good work on Season 10. This is by far my favorite season of the post-Season 6 era.
Gothic_Butters

Postby Gothic_Butters » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:27 am

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:
iceiwynd wrote: And that was the best damn evolution explanation I've EVER heard.

For real dude!!! Evolution is so lame and Mrs. Garrison pretty much said it better than anyone!!! Points for Mrs. Garrison!

Well, I'll agree on that..
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:30 am

You realize that Garrison's purpose in this episode was to parody the attitude of anti-evolutionists/creationists, right? Meaning you're not supposed to agree with her...

Evolution is proven science and the Bible does not say anywhere that the animals God created could not have changed over time.
Gothic_Butters

Postby Gothic_Butters » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:38 am

I don't believe in God.. but I don't believe in evolution either.. soo...
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:39 am

... Um, yeah. Honestly I can't really tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not, but... it was only great because it was absolutely hilarious. I belive in both god and evolution. Basically, what Stan was leading up to - that god could've started it all and then evolution goes and takes over. That's what I believe.

Anyway, back on this episode, actually I think that it's the second (or first?) part that'll make or break it, but it might also be another viewing of it, so... I'm gonna go watch it again now.
Gothic_Butters

Postby Gothic_Butters » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:42 am

Loir, I thought you told me once that new episodes don't come to Canada until Friday?
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:44 am

iceiwynd wrote:Basically, what Stan was leading up to - that god could've started it all and then evolution goes and takes over. That's what I believe.

That's my belief too. Evolution is real, this has been proven. I was raised a Christian and am not one to quickly throw away something that has been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember, and so I believe in God as well. There's nothing heretical or illogical about believing that God is responsible for evolution. However, I'm quicker to tolerate an atheist believing in evolution than anyone, religious or otherwise, not believing in evolution, simply because God cannot be proven or disproven, but evolution has been proven. It's just ludicrous to deny it.

Gothic_Butters wrote:Loir, I thought you told me once that new episodes don't come to Canada until Friday?

Lior downloads the episodes off the internet, as do most other non-American viewers.
music__elitist

Postby music__elitist » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:48 am

I hate coming to these boards because nobody knows what the hell it is they're talking about. Anyway, there's no God. But this episode was likely entirely inspired by this months issue of Wired. Check it out, they could have written the entire episode based on that article.
Gothic_Butters

Postby Gothic_Butters » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:51 am

music__elitist wrote: there's no God.

I agree with you on that one, but people here have a right to their own opinion on religion
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:53 am

music__elitist wrote:Anyway, there's no God.

Pthbbh.

music__elitist wrote:But this episode was likely entirely inspired by this months issue of Wired. Check it out, they could have written the entire episode based on that article.

Care to further enlighten us, as you seem to be aware of something we're not?
jawmht

Postby jawmht » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:59 am

music__elitist wrote:I hate coming to these boards because nobody knows what the hell it is they're talking about. Anyway, there's no God. But this episode was likely entirely inspired by this months issue of Wired. Check it out, they could have written the entire episode based on that article.

You sound like V_John inly inversed.
∞◄♫‼░☺♥♦ ¿Jawmht? ♣♣☺ ░‼♪►∞
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:01 am

music__elitist wrote:Anyway, there's no God.

As I said before, this can be neither proven nor disproven.

Anyway, though I am religious (to an extent, anyhow), it always annoys me when someone or some group uses religion as a reason to impede advances in science and medicine. (I.e. AIDS is God's punishment to mankind for abusing the privelage of sex/God's punishment to gays and therefore a cure should not be sought.) Religion's purpose should be to help, not to harm. Sadly, it is often misused and has been for many millennia. Besides, in regards to the whole argument against an AIDS cure, this is neglecting certain facts such as the fact that it can be spread through intercourse between a man and a woman (straight sex, in other words), it can be passed on hereditarily, and it can be passed on through the sharing of needles, although doctors no longer reuse needles for this reason. This also neglects the obvious fact that AIDS can be spread during intercourse between a married couple. DERP!

Furthermore, religion should not be used as an excuse to hinder education. People need to learn about evolution, even if they choose not to believe in it, which I believe to be ludicrous. Whatever the case, they need to know that the theory is out there and they need to know what it's all about. We can't shelter our youth from reality. Religion is fine so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Also, creationism is not science. It's a groundless theory based entirely on the teachings of an ancient book from a time when it was thought that you could cure a disease by bleeding it out of a person. That sort of thing is best taught in the churches, not the schools. Once again, I have nothing against it as I am religious myself, but the only thing that should be taught in schools is that which can be and has been proven.
music__elitist

Postby music__elitist » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:04 am

They will probably have the issue at your local Borders, Barnes and Noble, or library. The article discusses much of the topics mentioned in this weeks episode:
-flying spaghetti monster "argument"
-atheism could cease war
-no heaven. no hell. just [i:03642]science[/i:03642]. (evolution)
etc.
here are some quotes taken from the article:

"As long as we accept the principle that religious faith must be respected simply because it is religious faith, it is hard to withold respect from the faith of Osama bin Laden and the suicide bombers."

"Darwin's theory does not undermine the possibility of religious devotion..."

"They reject atheism not out of piety but out of politeness. As one said, "Atheism is like telling somebody, "The very thing you hinge your life on, I totally dismiss."

"We're in the position the gay movement was in a few decades ago. We just need people to come out."

The article very much focuses on atheist culture.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”