*1012: Go God Go*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ryan_mn1

Postby ryan_mn1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:12 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:
ryan_mn1 wrote:The theory conflicts with the ideas of how matter and energy can be compacted into dense objects, but it is how science views the beginning of the Universe. If we look at this from a common sense point of view, it becomes obvious that this is impossible, and therefore demands a metaphysical explanation.

Well, if anything it demands that we keep asking questions and searching for answers, rather than throwing up our hands or jumping to conclusions. There is nothing wrong with using an abstract idea as a placeholder for something that has yet to be discovered, however it should never serve as a substitute for scientific inquiry. More is being discovered about the behavior of matter and energy on the quantum level each year, and there are several new theories that do not run into any contradictions. The next step of course is to test these theories experimentally.

By the way, Buddhism does not view Buddha as a deity. :wink:

#1. There are two views of Buddha - one being that he is a deity, the other that he is a prophet/philosopher. I don't know if you are being overly PC or what, just throwing it out there.

#2. Yes, my idea may very well be a placeholder. Much respect for seeing that for what it is. But to project which direction science will head is an even greater mistake. Being the half-assed scientist that I am (no research, just reading) I will take it for what it is at this moment. At this moment, it inadvertantly states that there is an otherworldly power. If that changes tomorrow, I will go with it. But for now, that is where we stand.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:15 pm

Siddhartha Gautama (a.k.a. Buddha) stated that he is not divine and asked that he not be worshipped after his death. Many Buddhists have chosen to workship him anyway.
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:28 pm

Shiek927 wrote:.you know what I think (or am hoping, actually) the second part is going to be about? I'm hoping that the entire situation with Cartman being in the year 2546 turns out to be merely a dream. I mean, think about, how is it possible that Cartman is in the future, and yet the present is still going on? That just doesn't make any sense.

What's illogical about it? Cartman was frozen and awoke over 500 years later, but in the meanwhile, Prof.Chaos was looking for him. We can only assume he never found him in time.

Yes, someone who actually agrees with me! Think about it, Cartman didn't actually travel into time, time came and passed and Cartman wasn't there. There was no time machine so I don't see how Cartman could travel back in time. Not to mention, the whole sea otter thing, it was just so random, I can only imagine it is part of a really twisted dream. I am really curious to see what they do with the next episode.
tdewey

Clones?

Postby tdewey » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:29 pm

Okay does anyone else think the first set of atheists were clones? I was looking at the clip over on comedy central and they all look pretty much the same to me.

The second group may/may not be clones -- saw them too briefly.
Soylent Green is People
tdewey

Postby tdewey » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:35 pm

crazyQH wrote:
Yes, someone who actually agrees with me! Think about it, Cartman didn't actually travel into time, time came and passed and Cartman wasn't there. There was no time machine so I don't see how Cartman could travel back in time. Not to mention, the whole sea otter thing, it was just so random, I can only imagine it is part of a really twisted dream. I am really curious to see what they do with the next episode.

Well, I wouldn't put it past Trey & Matt & co to pull a "Dallas" (episode that had entire previous season as a dream). And I do think that Mrs. Garrison is not long for this world. So it's possible...

That being said -- it doesn't fit the internal logic of the episode. Cartman had know way of knowing that Richard Dawkins and Garrisson were getting it on and planning to spread atheism to the rest of the world.

Much more likely is that somehow Cartman gets sent back in time and breaks up their relationship. How the sea otters fit into all of this -- only T&M know.
Soylent Green is People
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:48 pm

zomg,lol...they totally butt fvcked evolution!
discipleofhankey

Postby discipleofhankey » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:07 pm

tdewey wrote:
crazyQH wrote:

Or, ... Cartman will be "resurrected."
onlymeee

Postby onlymeee » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:16 pm

How about: Cartman becomes the messiah of the future, and ends their atheism wars by bringing in a new, blissful era of "Cartmanianity"- the new religion of peace. He performs 'miracles' using the motion control-controllers on the Nintendo Wii, and ends up as the enzyme that starts the whole cultural cycle over again.
Torico_of_avalon

Postby Torico_of_avalon » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:20 pm

Nice to finally have some evolution facts in a sp ep.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:38 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:I've never seen it, but Ms. Garrison having butt-sex with some teacher?! I just thought Ms. Garrison can't have babies because she has a vagina, but no uterus. Oh, and did Butters really kill Cartman, to begin with?! :?:

Well?
nec

Postby nec » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:40 pm

First off, I didn't think that it was really going to be the first part of a two-parter. I was really surprised when it turned out it was going to be one.

I really liked Cartman's storyline. It was hilarious. Especially, the whole 'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century' parody. I couldn't stop laughing. And then the whole thing of Dougie telling Butters that he was in trouble. Dougie was awesome.

As for Mrs. Garrison's storyline - It was extremely boring to me during the first 25 minutes, and the whole thing of showing the horrible breast augmentation made me sick to my stomach. I was really glad that the two storylines turned out to be related in the end. It made up for all the shenanigans in this storyline, and actually made it very funny in retropect.

But are the two storylines really related? I guess we'll have to wait until next week to find out.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:04 am

Just a little thought: I know that it's almost a sure thing that Garrison is going to be the one responsible for the all-atheist world, but what if it was someone else? I just think that'd be pretty sweet, is all, like if one of her students really took it to heart.

Of course it's gonna be Garrison, and that's fine... I just think it'd be sweet if it was someone else, throw a bit more of a curveball in there.

And if there's any possibility of seeing some kind of future Stan/Kyle/Kenny in Cartman's world, I'd be so, so happy. Once again, probably not gonna happen, but oh well.
tdewey

Postby tdewey » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:10 am

angeldeb82 wrote:
angeldeb82 wrote:I've never seen it, but Ms. Garrison having butt-sex with some teacher?! I just thought Ms. Garrison can't have babies because she has a vagina, but no uterus. Oh, and did Butters really kill Cartman, to begin with?! :?:

Well?

1. It wasn't butt-sex -- it was doggy style. And in any case nothing in the episode has anything to do with babies.

2. No.
Soylent Green is People
hainted

Postby hainted » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:12 am

Totally awesome how the atheists were at war with eachother.It's just like the real history of communism,lol.
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:30 am

onlymeee wrote:How about: Cartman becomes the messiah of the future, and ends their atheism wars by bringing in a new, blissful era of "Cartmanianity"- the new religion of peace. He performs 'miracles' using the motion control-controllers on the Nintendo Wii, and ends up as the enzyme that starts the whole cultural cycle over again.

As much as I want so badly to say something else here, I'll just ask how the Church of Fatass would be a religion of peace. If anything, Fatass' history demonstrates nothing but the opposite.

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:The show was just panning back and forth between the present and the future. It doesn't mean that they're both happening at the same time.

The future stuff could also be a hallucination of Fatass' while he's in a near-death frozen stasis. Keep in mind that, if he were really dead, we'd find Fatass with frozen crap coating his ass.
Last edited by Cartman's Top Enemy on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”