My chemical romance kicks ass

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

master ed

Postby master ed » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:06 pm

I love this music classified under "emo." But, I don't like when people post like, "OMG I LUV MCR AND AFI IF U DONT LIKE EM YOU ARE A f*ckin homosexual!!!!1111". That pisses me off. But I don't see anything wrong with liking the music, because everyone has their own tastes. But I do agree with some people though, that MTV way overplays these few bands and doesnt play the stuff that should be played. It plays only the music that they know people will buy and like, and stick with that, instead of playing a wide diversity of music.
Now making SIGS, PM me for one, I will be reliable.
DarkDucky

Postby DarkDucky » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:30 pm

see, people like master ed and his*infernal*majesty are fine, because they actually have a musical taste, and listen to what they want to instead of what TV tells them to. There's nothing wrong with liking MCR or any emo band for that matter, as long as you listen to them for nothing but their music. People like Kenny1006, who listen to them for nothing but the popularity (and it shows by your stupidity, so don't try to deny it), are the people who should forget about MTV and listen to music they like, instead of whatever's popular. And btw, Kenny1006, I know you're going to say something stupid to reply to this, but don't expect me to say anything back. You've already lost this argument.
[center]Image
My dA account[/center]
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:48 am

Kenny1006 wrote:AFI ROCKS DUDE! MY FAVOURITE BANDS ARE: GREEN DAY, WEEZER, BLINK 182 (2 BAD THEY SPLIT UP), THE USED, AFI, SIMPLE PLAN, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, FALL OUT BOY AND THE OFFSPRING

PUNK IS MUSIC!!

Yes, punk is music, and to associate those bands with the genre is an insult to what it stands for.

The punk genre sure has evolved ever since it’s introduction in the 70’s, and those MTV knock-offs are what I consider to be the genre’s de-evolution.

And I agree with DarkDucky, there’s nothing wrong with liking those bands, as long as it’s because you actually like their music, and not because MTV says its good4u! Better to be an individual than a mindless sheep following the herd.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
his*infernal*majesty

Postby his*infernal*majesty » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:25 am

I thought this was a discussion about liking my chemical romance, not hating them along with the whole emo scene.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:34 am

his*infernal*majesty wrote:I thought this was a discussion about liking my chemical romance, not hating them along with the whole emo scene.

his*infernal*majesty wrote:This hate for my chemical romance and the emo scene is going a bit far! If you really don't like either of them don't start slaging them of to people who do. anyway chavs are the real problem!!!!!!!!

Looks like you were trying to turn the discussion elsewhere to me. Also, saying you shouldn't be nasty to people just because they're from a certain group, and then saying everyone should hate chavs, that's a bit...erm....hypocritical?
his*infernal*majesty

Postby his*infernal*majesty » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:06 am

Yeah i was trying to turn the discussion elsewhere. Whats the point of going into a chat room where you discuss why you like my chemical romance and having people there saying there sh*t. And fare enough i do see what you mean about the chav comment, but look at it this way, are you more likely to get in a fight with an emo or a chav just for the way you dress? ok now i am going off topic but i do hav a point!!!
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:11 am

his*infernal*majesty wrote:Yeah i was trying to turn the discussion elsewhere. Whats the point of going into a chat room where you discuss why you like my chemical romance and having people there saying there sh*t.

That's a good point; unfortunately we are not in a chat room so that is totally irrelevant.

his*infernal*majesty wrote:are you more likely to get in a fight with an emo or a chav just for the way you dress? ok now i am going off topic but i do hav a point!!!

But you just said to keep it on topic. You also said that no one should rip on emos for being emos. But, according to you, it's okay to rip on chavs for being chavs. That just...you know...kinda...doesn't make sense.

Ever heard of the "Golden Rule"?
misscutiepie1330

Postby misscutiepie1330 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:16 am

his*infernal*majesty wrote:I thought this was a discussion about liking my chemical romance, not hating them along with the whole emo scene.

No, this thread is about your OPINION on My Chemical Romance. Opinion does not mean you can't hate it.

Anyway, the only song I like by them is Helena, so I guess I'll give them a 2.5 on a scale of 1-10.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:17 am

Kenny1006 wrote:MCR is not pop, you retard! get your head out of your ass

MCR is a pop band, and it isn't punk. That's the same with Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Blink 182, and the other bands you listed. What are you in seventh grade? If I ever saw you I would ambush you, tie you to a chair, and force you to listen to The Sex Pistols and The Ramones, since everyone knows that real punk is painful for emo kids to listen to.
As enjoyable as abuse.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:20 am

Kenny1006 wrote:i dont deserve to live? i'll f*cking kill you!!!

Killing is for conformists.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:22 am

[quote="Nommel":01287][quote="Kenny1006":01287]i dont deserve to live? i'll f*cking kill you!!![/quote:01287]

Killing is for conformists.[/quote:01287]

And plus, don't you emo kids constantly say you don't deserve to live all the time?
Miss_Murder

Postby Miss_Murder » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:34 am

You know what i learned from this thread? Is that no one likes emos except for emos.

Okay my opinion on this whole thing is that if you like My Chem, fine. Go ahead. But don't think that you're the coolest thing to hit the earth if you listen to them and watch MTV, My Chemical Romance is an OK band but YES they're emo.

And emos try to exclude themselves from like, populars and preps but honeys, preps LOVE MTV....It's all they talk about. Trust me, i got to school with five thousand of them AND i do hear them talking about The Black Parade and how 'hot' Gerad Way is. So BTW, liking MCR ain't gonna make you any more non-like the preps.

So my advice to you is: Don't try to be someone your not, stop thinking your so hardcore because your a MCR fan and start listening to some real punk! The Ramones DUDE!
Kenny1006

Postby Kenny1006 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:28 pm

i like that kind of music, but i don't go walking down the streets wearing black. it's just not my style. i'm not one of those idiots that say they don't deserve to live. i won't insult in this thread anymore. i'm sorry.

and about the nintendo wii: can't i change my mind?
LOVE BUTTERS? WANT TO SEE A GREAT BUTTERS SITE? THEN VISIT: buttersapples68.piczo.com
berettablowjob

Postby berettablowjob » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:18 pm

[quote="Kenny1006"]i like that kind of music, but i don't go walking down the streets wearing black. it's just not my style. i'm not one of those idiots that say they don't deserve to live.

whatever helps you sleep at night.

also, this is totally irrelevant,but davey havok has anal sex with his band mates.so does that guy from my chemical romance.
there was a young fellow named phil, who was screwing a girl, as boys will.the girl had a knack of screwing right back,the instincts not easy to kill.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:37 pm

Liking Emo is fine, but...

1. Accept the fact that you are listening to it, do NOT call it punk.
2. Like was said before, do it because you want to. Too many people just like whatever gets played on MTV these days, never forming their own opinions of music.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”