Most Offensive Episode

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

southparkmaster777

Most Offensive Episode

Postby southparkmaster777 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:49 pm

What do you think has been the most offensive episode of South Park and why?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:16 pm

Q&A is not the forum for this question. Moved to General South Park Discussion.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
2muchinfo

Most offensive

Postby 2muchinfo » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:07 pm

It's hard to pick one. SP doesn't even know the meaning of toned down. I'm not a big fan of the term "offensive". Offensive to who? I myself am not offended by anything they do. I am however, shocked, disturbed and possibly disgusted (in a good way) at some of their topics.

Right off the bat, an obvious choice would be the "Proper use of Condoms" - the one where Cartman and Stan get dogs off ("Red ROCKET". "Raisins" - featuring a preteen version of Hooters while also quite disturbing. This season feature lots of controvertial topics.

"Stanley's Cup" is a definite standout, it was almost hard to watch. "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy" was also deliciously naughty. And "Go God Go" featured unspeakable sex scenes between Dawkins and Mr./Mrs. Garrison.

There are some episodes that spring to mind that aim to shock, but their poor concepts, take all the air out of the effort. "1 Million Little Fibers" springs to mind as a horribly botched attempt at potent TV - it's too retarted to be disturbing.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

2muchinfo

Blog: http://digitalmasturbation.blogspot.com
lil kenny

Postby lil kenny » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:19 pm

its gotta be episode 1011 - hell on earth. I mean really

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/2 ... l?eref=aol
DemonicStanley wrote:wendy likes black mans cock now..
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:35 pm

lil kenny wrote:its gotta be episode 1011 - hell on earth. I mean really

Agreed. Matt and Trey went to far there.
Dikineti

Postby Dikineti » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:55 pm

I think most ofensive episode ewer 504. (Super best frends)
Kick ass
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:56 pm

Dikineti wrote:I think most ofensive episode ewer 504. (Super best frends)

And where do you pull that out of?
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:57 pm

love*metal wrote:

They went too far in Stanley's Cup. That was just clever.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:57 pm

I didn't find Stanley's Cup offensive, I just thought it was a poorly made episode. To be fair, they weren't trying to mock cancer patients, they were satirizing how movie and television writers will often use serious diseases and disabilities to play on the audience's emotions for ratings. Their target was bad movie cliches, not cancer patients.

I didn't find Hell on Earth to be all that offensive either. Sure, they featured Steve Irwin with a stingray hanging out of him, but it's not like they showed him suffering or re-enacting his death. He was smiling and enjoying a beer! What actually upset me the most about that episode was the fact that Kenny wasn't featured in it, since it was a Halloween episode after all.

The most offensive episode to me was probably "Proper Condom Use". Even though they didn't show much of it, I did not need to have those images of Mr. Mackey and Ms. Choksondik forced into my head! :shock:
lil kenny

Postby lil kenny » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:07 pm

Taranis_Music wrote:
love*metal wrote:

They went too far in Stanley's Cup. That was just clever.

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:I didn't find Stanley's Cup offensive, I just thought it was a poorly made episode. To be fair, they weren't trying to mock cancer patients, they were satirizing how movie and television writers will often use serious diseases and disabilities to play on the audience's emotions for ratings. Their target was bad movie cliches, not cancer patients.

What he said ^, but i do think hell on earth was offensive on other people, me personally; i dont think it was just a lot of sensitive people out there.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:10 pm

I was talking about the Steve Irwin jokes in both, not the episode all together.
lil kenny

Postby lil kenny » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:17 pm

Taranis_Music wrote:I was talking about the Steve Irwin jokes in both, not the episode all together.

WOW, i completely forgot the steve irwin joke in stanley's cup, what was it again?
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:02 pm

There were 2, one was like "We'd go down quicker than Steve Irwin in a tank full of stingrays" or something like that.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:13 pm

Yeah, Theres a good chance of Stanleys Cup being the most offensive, which is ironic since it's not a political episoe. On the forums, I've never seen such an uproar since Issac Hayes left. It's silly that alot of people were caught offguard by the Irwin jokes in Hell on Earth(most probably didn't expect so soon), but we were prepared in this one. However, I don't think ANYONE predicted the players would end up the way they did. Obviously, people were so shocked that they didn't get the joke about the cliched sports movies.

However, too be offended because of the Irwin jokes is just stupid, especially for fan who's used too the show. Theres no better way too feel better after a tragedy then laugh, and it's not like they insulted Irwin in either episode. I'd feel bad for the family if they saw it, but for anyone else, It's stupid, especially since they already did stuff with Irwin before.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
thejbeltran

Postby thejbeltran » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:57 pm

i thought that whole Steve Irwin thing was funny. I mean it's not that serious it's a cartoon, meant to be rude and offensive, i mean that's basically why people watch it. It makes fun of everyone and everything and it's funny that's why you watch it. I will admit it was a bit early to be making the joke but it had to be done, he died and was all over the media and satan was having a party he had to be there.

a guess the only episode that kinda made me gasp was in episode 709: Christian Rock Hard at the end of the episode when Cartmen said like f*ck you Jesus or God or something i'm not exactly sure but i was like "*gasp* dude...." but it wasn't even that serious cause i don't really remember what cartmen said. it's not that serious.
"suck my balls kyle."

Return to “General South Park Discussion”