Kenny? Now meaningless?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:03 pm

I think M&T should make an episode about Kenny and Kenny only! The episode should consist of him with his hood off (yes I said it) and it has to be VVEEEERRRRYYYYY female oriented because he's truly a young freak! Take the ep to a total extreme, suprise us SP fans with something spectacular and also reward us for being loyal fans for 10 years and being apart of the reason for them bringing home humungous salaries!

I may be Cartman's cousin but I would love for them to put him to the side for awhile and let Kenny get some floor burns on the court.

LET IT BE A KENNY YEAR!
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:45 am

After all they still use Kenny sing his line in the introduction. Kenny is due for some big roles. Maybe Kenny can pretend to be dying from some made up disease since the only time Kenny has gotten lots of attention lately was when he's on his death bed.
Maybe heaven will need him again to fight off Satan.
South Park's Real Kenny

Postby South Park's Real Kenny » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:09 pm

You people that think Kenny should permanently be gone, make me sick. Whether you think so or not, if Kenny was ever pushed out of South Park, it would change the whole thing.
Officer Barbrady was just a minor character and nobody thought he would make any difference, but once he was replaced with the irish cop, the whole town started changing completly.
If you get rid of Kenny and replace him with Butters, no matter how cute Butters can be, it will change up the whole show even more than last time!

PS: I can understand Kenny almost every time, its not that hard.
Yes, I am from the real South Park. Try not to have a seizure.
Kenny Da King

Postby Kenny Da King » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:14 am

Kenny should deffinetly not be permanently gone. Even during season 1 Matt and Trey said kenny was more of a "prop" character, in other words, a character who just happened to be there with the gang. But obviously kenny's character has grown over time. I agree, Kenny does need more lines and things to do in the show, But kenny's roots are in being a prop character.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:10 am

Something that has been annoying me for a while is how all the character traits that Kenny actually had were transferred to Butters. For example, Kenny used to be gullible and would do everything that Cartman said, but now Butters is the gullible one, and Kenny isn't gullible at all, usually just responding to Cartman with the words "F*ck you". Butters annoys me for a few reasons, actually, and here they are:

1. Replaced Pip as the kid everybody else made fun of.

2. Replaced Kenny as Cartman's sidekick.

3. Replaced Clyde as the most-used secondary boy.
-----
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:16 am

Aimsireil wrote:Something that has been annoying me for a while is how all the character traits that Kenny actually had were transferred to Butters. For example, Kenny used to be gullible and would do everything that Cartman said, but now Butters is the gullible one, and Kenny isn't gullible at all, usually just responding to Cartman with the words "F*ck you". Butters annoys me for a few reasons, actually, and here they are:

1. Replaced Pip as the kid everybody else made fun of.

2. Replaced Kenny as Cartman's sidekick.

3. Replaced Clyde as the most-used secondary boy.

Kenny never was gullible he just did as Cartman said because ocasionally he could make some cash.

I agree that Butters is over used and I like every one of the charecters he replaced more except perhaps Pip.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:45 am

No.... some obvious points where Kenny was gullible (or is that the wrong word? I suppose I should be saying "easily influenced") were in the beginning of "Jackovosaurs", the middle of "Clubhouses", the scene in "Cow Days", and a few other places.

I also didn't have time to mention in my last post how Clyde has been appearing to make a comeback this season, which I liked, except for the whole thing about him having a colostomy, which created a gargantuan continuity error in the show.
-----
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:49 pm

Yeah, but the thing with Kenny was that he'd never willingly follow Cartman's orders. Instead he would bitch about it first, but then go along with it in the end anyway. Like, in the episodes mentioned above, Kenny bitched to Cartman about having to get chicks for their clubhouse in Clubhouses. In Cow Days, when Kyle and Stan asked Kenny to go into the ring, he was all, "f*ck no" but ended up getting killed anyway. And in Jackovasaurus, when Cartman asked to borrow one of his gloves, he was going to give it to him, until he realized what he wanted to use it for.

Butters, on the other hand, always obeys Cartman and goes along with his plans without asking any questions (Go God Go is a perfect example), whereas Kenny was never like that.
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:23 am

Aimsireil wrote:No.... some obvious points where Kenny was gullible (or is that the wrong word? I suppose I should be saying "easily influenced") were in the beginning of "Jackovosaurs", the middle of "Clubhouses", the scene in "Cow Days", and a few other places.

I also didn't have time to mention in my last post how Clyde has been appearing to make a comeback this season, which I liked, except for the whole thing about him having a colostomy, which created a gargantuan continuity error in the show.

We saw him in the altogether in a scene from Marjorine and there is no evidence of any colostomy.
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:04 am

Oh yeah, Trey and Matt would like to apologize for not thinking up of the colostomy joke a year before so it would be able to continue the characters nice and organized.

Despite the fact there are 50+ things in the show altogether that are "continuity errors".
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
wizard_man

Postby wizard_man » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:21 am

Im really pissed off wanna no why

BUTTERS THATS WHY and ill tell u

1.he replaced kenny
2.hes getting to much spotlight
3.he is so boring

and what ever happend to tweek i thought he replaced butters i say that T/M get rid of butters and use kenny or have tweek back and if they dont want tweek then have Kenny
miller man

Postby miller man » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:32 pm

Well, I for one never liked the idea of Kenny dying off permanently. I just watched "Kenny Dies" the other day, and it just reinforced my view that M&T made a huge mistake going that route, although they did rectify it. I appreciated the episode's advocation of stem-cell research and I love the "Heat Of The Moment" gag, but otherwise that episode was simply an error in judgment.

Some people say "Well, how long can you keep his mumbling and everyday deaths going and maintain originality?" To that I say "As long as you can keep the others' dynamic fresh, with Cartman constantly offering his anti-semitic remarks towards Kyle, or Stan calling Cartman a fat-ass." Why does this not get old? Because it's the essence of the show, just as Kenny was and still is.

In my opinion, it was a lazy cop-out for M&T to try to kill him off in the first place. These guys are getting paid a lot of money to keep the show new while keeping the core characters intact, and while they are mostly doing a good job by introducing new characters, that does not include killing off original characters. Yes, I have some old-school bias working, but that's the way I see it.

Besides, should they have really been surprised by the backlash they received when he died? Look at BL&U. Kenny had arguably the biggest and most significant role in the entire movie. He was its center. I honestly think that's why the movie was so great and popular. I don't hear too many people complaining that Timmy is hardly the focus anymore, even though I love Timmy.

Anyway, to answer the question, yes. Kenny's now meaningless. And it's a damn shame.
juggaloblaine

Postby juggaloblaine » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:35 pm

I have a feeling season 11 will be Kenny's
.....What......
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:19 am

Look there are several reasons why Butters will always be more prominent then Kenny.

The most obvious is he is a very unique and fun character. There are so many roles he can fill. From Cartaman's loyal sidekick to proffessor chaos. He also has alot of room for developement, if you have noticed he seems to be much more accepted and liked by the other boys. Trey and Matt have hinted the plan on Butters one day putting his friends and parents in their place and standing up for himself, so we all wait anxiously for that.

Another thing is he is vastly popular, the only people who really do not like him are people who are bitter about him replacing Kenny and people who jsut want the show focused on the orignal four.

In the DVD commentary in "Butters Very Own Episode" and recently "awsemo" M and T said he is one of their top 3 favorite characters. Unlike Kenny he is based on a real person and friend of theirs. Kenny was never meant to be a major character, just a filler where as Butters once they established his character was meant to be a big character.

I do not hate Kenny, I still like him and feel he should remain as the fourth friend. Hes just not that potent of a character and I do not think that is Butters' fault.
--------------------

Thrawny
south_park_addicted

Postby south_park_addicted » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:44 am

yeah i agree wit u but hes an original so they should keep him :zombiekenny:

Return to “Character Discussion”