Is South Park Comedy Central's Simpsons?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Alfred E. Neuman

Is South Park Comedy Central's Simpsons?

Postby Alfred E. Neuman » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:55 pm

I mean both show saved both thier networks (Simpsons saved FOX with Married With Children) and about the time when SP premired till the movie premired Comedy Central requests skyrocketted
And both will have thier regular slot as reruns till the networks closure (FOX has said theyll keep the Simpsons on Sunday even after cancellation, Its implyed that South Park will stay because its still CC's top rated show in the ratings.
NEED STAN PLUSH
PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE TO SELL!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:07 am

South Park means even more to Comedy Central than The Simpsons do to Fox. Besides The Daily Show, Comedy Central has absolutely no other shows with even decent ratings. Without South Park, the network is dead. Fox, on the other hand, has multiple hit shows at the time and could survive The Simpsons just vanishing mysteriously.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
OfficerCartman911

Celebrity DeathMatch

Postby OfficerCartman911 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:29 am

Wow, I never knew south park had its very own Celebrity DeathMatch... Witch it was Kenny and he died Again. For the 134643164654 Time...

PS: Yall add me on AOL if you want I dont care
Kenny Da King

Postby Kenny Da King » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:41 pm

Without South Park comedy central would have never gotten so in demand. In fact I don't think comedy central would have lasted without south park. Without sp other shows wouldn't be able to get away with as much content. Keep in mind, South Park was one of the first, if not first shows to carry TV-MA. Comedy central has since gotten leaniate with content because of south park pulling the strings.

The simpsons helped Fox with business, but South park has done so much more for their network than the simpsons have done for Fox.
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:53 am

When you think about it, the MA-SP thing is pretty much true. If you had a show on Comedy Central and came up with this totally offending and outrageous plotline, you could just say "Oh well, hey, South Park can get away with it, so why not me?" and there you go.

It'd get air.

Sure, it might be pulled, but still, aired. Counts for something. :D
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:49 pm

Yeah, South Park basically saved Comedy Central. When they started off having a gay character was considered offending, and they slowly started getting away with more and more, it's not like they suddenly did an episode that was extremely offensive with nothing leading up to it. But if South Park was on Fox they wouldn't be able to get away with nearly as much as they do on CC.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
CartmanClone69

Postby CartmanClone69 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:10 am

chappeles show was becoming a hit so when he left it was a tragic day for comedy central. after that its just south park. reno 911 might be big i love the show and hell theres a movie coming out so maybe it will be the next big thing. and fox could care less what happens to the simpsons now. theyve got 24, prison break, and Fox Sports has got the top 3 sports and have the biggest nfl college football, nascar, and baseball events. comedy central probly couldnt afford a bid for the nfl but how funny would it be if they did broadcast nfl.
Stewiotyping Jews Is Tewible!
Alfred E. Neuman

Re: .

Postby Alfred E. Neuman » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:26 am

CartmanClone69 wrote:and fox could care less what happens to the simpsons now. theyve got 24, prison break, and Fox Sports has got the top 3 sports and have the biggest nfl college football, nascar, and baseball events. comedy central probly couldnt afford a bid for the nfl but how funny would it be if they did broadcast nfl.

FOX still cares about Simpsons the got merchandising, DVD Sales, and the money made from the movie
NEED STAN PLUSH
PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE TO SELL!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”