Why was season 10 so damn dull?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

stavropoll

Why was season 10 so damn dull?

Postby stavropoll » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Have Matt and Tray gone to the dull side?

Season 10 was very different from previous ones. I don't understand it. The humor is totally not the same, if you can call that crap humor.

I totally hate season 10. Not one funny episode, and believe me I am a true fan of south park, such a season was a great disappointment for me.

Matt and Tray killed my inner child :evil:
Michaelas10

No.

Postby Michaelas10 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:40 pm

No.
Sonnyvice

Postby Sonnyvice » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:56 am

Yeah, season 10 was very disappointing. Season 9 was still great though there were already some unfunny signs, but something really strange happened in S10. It wasn't funny at all, expect some random episodes were quite good. The new season (11) has started also pretty bad, so I don't expect anything good anymore :?

Some points which are making SP bad nowadays:

- What's happened to good jokes etc.? There are still some, but...
- Not so good character design anymore. And many old awesome classic characters have been forgotten.
- Too many political plots, which are completely gay and boring.
- I don't like the way how SP looks nowadays :lol: It's different... too many things in the background etc.
- Some voice acting. Especially Cartman's voice is awful nowadays, they shouldn't have "changed" it.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:30 pm

I actually thought Season 10 was an improvement over Season 9, and hell, Season 8 too for that matter. I'm a sucker for the old episodes, but I loved Season 10. I thought Season 11 started off great too. I do agree with some points you've made (old characters disappearing, too many political plots, not that political plots are bad, but I prefer episodes about the boys just being boys), but I saw many of those signs back in Season 7 or so. Anyway, I can't say I could ever hate an entire season of South Park and get absolutely no enjoyment from any episode in an entire season, but... yeah, there are some things about new South Park that disappoint me in comparison to some of the older seasons. I try not to discriminate though, as long as it's still funny, and for the most part, it is. I liked Season 10. Not every episode, but most of them.
Sonnyvice

Postby Sonnyvice » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Yeah I know that there were already some political signs in season 7, but that doesn't matter because in those times the episodes were still pretty good :P Season 8 and 9 were actually better than 7, but 10 sucked blue donkey balls.
Matt & Trey have proved that they can make EXTREMELY FUNNY political episodes too (though in old days the political side was just side thing (and that's good thing)), just look the ultimate classic episode Rainforest Schmainforest :lol: 8)
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:34 pm

Rainforest Schmainforest kicked ass. So did Gnomes, which was also rather political. They managed to be political and still retain that old school South Park charm. That's what I like about them. The boys were still boys, not grown men who know everything and have to preach to immature adults.
Sonnyvice

Postby Sonnyvice » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:27 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:Rainforest Schmainforest kicked ass. So did Gnomes, which was also rather political. They managed to be political and still retain that old school South Park charm. That's what I like about them. The boys were still boys, not grown men who know everything and have to preach to immature adults.

Indeed. That's was the one of the many reasons which made old South Park seasons SO F*CKING GOOD :D hail to them :!:
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:35 pm

Yes, hail to the old episodes for being able to get a message across effectively without having Stan just stand there and yell "OH STOP IT!" and then preach the message to all the "douchebags" of the world!
NuGGet117

Postby NuGGet117 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:47 pm

S10 just had some different things. You can't blame them for trying.

Sonnyvice wrote:Some points which are making SP bad nowadays:

- What's happened to good jokes etc.? There are still some, but...
- Some voice acting. Especially Cartman's voice is awful nowadays, they shouldn't have "changed" it.

I've only seen half of S10, could you elaborate on these missing characters?
Sonnyvice

Postby Sonnyvice » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:39 pm

Some old characters have definitely been forgotten during these years... some of them:

*Mayor
*Jimbo
*Ned
*Kitty [Cartman's cat]
*Mephisto and Kevin
*Mr. Hat
*Pip
*Wendy (yeah, we don't see her very often anymore)
*Barbrady
*Kenny (in some way he is disappearing... he doesn't have many lines anymore and I think that he is turning into a background character... :( )
Mackey_93

Postby Mackey_93 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:00 pm

You forgot Mr. Slave. ;)
I think he isn't coming back anymore also. :(
SPsource.net
PM me or a signature. Please contain a description!
Sonnyvice

Postby Sonnyvice » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Mackey_93 wrote:You forgot Mr. Slave. ;)
I think he isn't coming back anymore also. :(

Yeah, but that was just example list :) Anyway, Mr. Slave was ok character.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:53 pm

Season Ten was not the best season, this I agree with. It losed a lot of steam during the final 4-5 episodes. On the other hand, it was an imrpovement over Season Nine, which is the worst season of South Park. It wasn't as good as Season Eight or some of the other great seasons, but it was still okay.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:03 pm

I thought Season 10 was pretty awesome. Not ALL the eps were "perfect" but it does have some of SP's best and not-so-best material to date, IMO. Besides, it can't be a hit all the damn time.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:03 pm

I liked Season 10, which was indeed better than Season 9, but yeah, a lot of characters have been disappearing, though the problem didn't start with Season 10. Of the characters mentioned previously:

Mayor - Last I remember seeing her was in Die Hippie, Die.
Jimbo - He still gets lines occasionally.
Ned - He's still a background character who usually hangs with Jimbo, but I haven't heard him speak since, what, Scott Tenorman Must Die?
Kitty - Hmm... yeah, been a while. Last I remember seeing him was in Cherokee Hair Tampons (was he in that? I know Fluffy, the pig, was.)
Mephisto and Kevin - Mephisto, last I remember, was in Cartman Joins NAMBLA. Kevin I remember was one of the swayers at the end of Goobacks (when everyone was joining hands and swaying back and forth).
Mr. Hat - Mr. Garrison ditched him in The Death Camp of Tolerance and he hasn't been seen since. CORRECTION: he was with Mr. Garrison in the flashback scene in Preschool, if you look closely.
Pip - He still makes the occasional background appearance, but I don't think he's had a line since Professor Chaos.
Wendy - She's still in the background. Her last line was a very brief one in Cartoon Wars Part I and her last major role was in Follow That Egg. She usually appears once or twice a season, though she had no major roles in Season 10.
Barbrady - He was seen a couple times in Season 9, in Die Hippie, Die and Erection Day for example. I can't remember him appearing since then though. Harrison Yates seems to have replaced him as South Park's main cop.
Kenny - Yes, unfortunately, he's faded into the background. Best Friends Forever was his last major role, and his first major role since Kenny Dies. His last line was in Go, God! Go. II (by that, I mean Part 1) and he was completely absent from six of the fourteen episodes of Season 10--nearly half the season. It's a shame, really. He has so much potential and now he's just a prop who (sometimes) tags along with the other boys and says nothing. He's so useless now that they often exclude him from episodes and it doesn't make any difference to the plot.
Mr. Slave - He was pretty much written off in Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina, although he did have a major role in Follow That Egg. He hasn't been seen since.
Last edited by KennyStanWendyFan on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”