*1102: Cartman Sucks*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Shut_Up_Stan_

Postby Shut_Up_Stan_ » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:55 pm

Hot Fudge Monday !!!!! Best episode ever !!!!

It starts off with Cartman looking at pictures from the past sleepovers with Butters and with pictures such as Hot Fudge Monday, and more. Then at the present sleepover, Cartman takes a picture of himself with Butters weiner in his mouth, smiling, and giving a thumbs up to make Butters look gay After Kyle, Stan, and Kenny find out about the prank they say it makes Cartman gay so he invites Butters over again and blindfolds him and tell him to open his mouth, and he puts Cartman's weiner in his mouth, and Butter's dad walks in on them. We find out Butters gets sent to a bicurious camp to keep the gay away, and most of the kids kill themselves or try too. Cartman then loses the picture and thinks Kyle stole it, and the speaker at the camp sounded really gay Also, Butter's roomate likes Butters, but the roommate thinks it's wrong and tries to kill himself, but Butters gives a speech about being bicurious, and saves the day, which makes his roommate not kill himself. Then Carmtan shows the picture of him with Butters wiener in his mouth, smilling, and giving a thumbs up. In the end, after the class sees the picture Mr.Mackey walks in a note from his mom saying she found the picture under his desk, and he knows what it means, which makes Cartman pissed. Overall this episode is so funny I couldn't stop laughing, and series classic !!! 10.0 A+
:twisted:
Last edited by Shut_Up_Stan_ on Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:00 pm

Wow, this a real first-class episode! It turned out really well, and I was really pleased with the quality and how well thought out it was. This is probably the best episode I've seen in awhile. It really doesn't really make a real political statement, which is a bit refreshing. A+!
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:03 pm

Kyle the Skeptic, yea matt stone and trey parker are libertarians, they support gay rights. But they also say in "Cripple fight" that private organizations should be allowed to keep gays out, they have the right. They also show the parents concerned with the sexual orientation of their children in this episode. Don't forget in "Follow that Egg", they showed that anti-gay marriage people "don't hate gay people, but just don't think they should get married". They obviously sympathize with people that don't want the word "marriage" corrupted.

Also, when I compared homosexuality with murder and pedophilia I was only trying to refute your claim that god must support gay people's life choice. Besides, if a pedophile and a child are actually in love, should they be allowed to marry? Aren't they two consenting individuals. So homosexual marriage is just as appropriate as the notion that a pedophile can marry a child.

If you are going to look at this from a religious point of view, we inherited the sin nature from adam and eve. Please understand that you are the one that says god is responsible for sin, so i can support my claim with my own religious beliefs.
adritch

Postby adritch » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:14 pm

Great episode, but its lame when Kyle and Stan basicly ignore Cartman. They were so boring the whole episode, just playing Living. A dog crap on someones face IS funny. I guess they just really don't like Cartman. :cry:
7.9/10
99.7% of "Greenhouse" gases are natural!
The countries that smoke the most Greece/Japan live the longest!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:20 pm

They obviously sympathize with people that don't want the word "marriage" corrupted.

Where in the episode did they ever say that? The episode concluded with two gay men getting married, and they even had Father Maxi overseeing the ceremony. According to the latest interview in Rolling Stone, Matt supports gay marriage. Where does the argument about corrupting the word ever come in? Furthermore, how does allowing gays to marry prevent straight people from marrying?
Also, when I compared homosexuality with murder and pedophilia I was only trying to refute your claim that god must support gay people's life choice. Besides, if a pedophile and a child are actually in love, should they be allowed to marry? Aren't they two consenting individuals. So homosexual marriage is just as appropriate as the notion that a pedophile can marry a child.

Wrong. A child cannot legally give consent, and a rape victim certainly is not a consenting partner. This remains a bad analogy, no matter how you look at it. Regardless, as it was already pointed out, we don't have a book written or dictated by God. We have a book of ancient laws written by primitive tribesmen; in other words, it was written by people.

Furthermore, the Boy Scouts of America would be within their rights to exclude gays, were it not for the fact that they accept federal funding, which is a clear violation of the First Amendment. Either they need to drop the idiotic regulations, or give up their money on the side. They can't have it both ways.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:33 pm

That...was so f*cking funny. XD Ah man. Cartman is such an idiot. You gotta love it.

The entire episode was just so sick yet hysterical. Even the very first scene had me laughing and thinking to myself, “Ew...what the hell? XD” Ha...poor Butters. He's completely unaware of all the vile pranks Cartman pulled on him in his sleep. I was glad to see that Kyle attempted to stop Cartman from pulling yet another prank on Butters, but Butters is so damn naive that he wouldn’t have believed Kyle anyway.

But, man. The scene when Cartman blindfolded Butters and was preparing to make him suck his dick was a huge “holy sh*t” moment for me. Ah. Ew. XD And, of course, it was a perfect time for Butters’ dad to walk in. I mean, really, who didn’t see that coming? But still, it was so hysterical. I loved how Cartman just ran the hell outta there, and how Butters’ dad was instantly all, “You’re just bi-curious.” XD

And then when Butters went to that gay camp...I felt bad for all of those ‘bi-curious’ kids. Like the kid who randomly shot himself...that was really funny. XD And, of course, Butters’ accountabilabuddy (XD Did I even spell that right?) Bradley. I loved how he just kept reciting random passages from the Bible. Man...they were really screwing up those poor kids at that place. That aside, I loved it when that guy suddenly leaped onto the stage, skipped around and was all, “I’m cured!” XD

Oh, and, I must admit that I got extremely giddy during the basketball court scene, especially during the exact same part that was in the clip. Haha. And I loved how Cartman was pissed off and he was getting ready to kick Kyle’s ass, and yet he started screaming when Kyle only punched him slightly. XD Reminded me of that scene at the end of It’s Christmas in Canada. I love how Cartman tries to act like a tough guy, but when it comes down to it, he’s merely a pussy who can’t take a punch. XD

Also, the scene when Cartman was reporting to the police officer about the picture was hilarious. “But I assure you, I was fast asleep.” XD What an excuse. It was also funny when he was explaining the situation to his mom and crying as if he didn’t do it purposely. I loved how Liane reacted. XD “These things happen.”

And I loved Butters’ little speech toward the end. And the fact that his dad also likes being bi-curious. “Wait, now I am confused.” But the very last scene was awesome. Cartman screwed himself over so badly. “Lame.” XD That was great. He can be so incredibly stupid at times...I love it. XD

All in all, another excellent episode. It was just so twisted. Season eleven is pretty damn good so far, and there's only been two episodes. Hell, if it continues with amazing episodes like this, season eleven could end up being my new favorite season. We'll see. :D
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:57 pm

kts, i never said that a rape partner was a consenting individual

lolwtf
Last edited by plk12345 on Sat May 12, 2007 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:09 pm

I love how new people come here just to argue their point when they fail to relize that maybe 1 or 2 people on this entire site actually care what they think.

Every season, every episode....

Last edited by Killahertz9 on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spacefille

Postby Spacefille » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:11 pm

Polygamy is only against the law because a bunch of Mormons practiced it a hundred some odd years ago and the US would only allow Utah to become a State if they banned it.

Also the way society is constructed in North America indicates that a union of two people is the best way to create a family unit. Marriage is the traditional seal between the adults in the family unit. It is generally expected that the adults will then produce children to grow into the next generation of cogs to function in society.

Gay marriage does not distrupt the ideal society constructed here in North America in anyway except this-- this society insists on gender roles. When two men or two women form a union like marriage it distrupts traditional gender roles (whether prescribed in the bible or whatever). Hense people have a problem with it.

Since gender roles are for the most part outmodded and there are now reverse roles such as women working and men staying at home with the kids or both parents working it would follow that a family unit could be constructed with two men or two women bonded together in marriage.

Following my line of reasoning, if a person is against gay marriage they are also somewhat against women entering the business world and believe that women's proper place is in the home. Which, for the most part I've found is true. Someone can contridict me if they want. *shrugs*
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:31 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:And yes, for the record, God is bi-curious. How else would you explain his seeming obsession with male genitals? I mean, it says in Dt 23:1 that if you're a male with smashed testicles or a severed penis, you can never praise Yahweh. Having healthy male parts is of utmost importance to him. There's also the fact that one of God's most sacred rituals (Ge 17:23-24) requires men to cut off a small piece of dick as a tribute to him. :D

Dt 23:1
No one who has been emasculated my crushing or cutting may enter the assembly of God.

Ge 17:23-24
On that day Abraham took his son Ishmael and all those born in his household or bought with his money, every male in his household, and cuiarcumcised, and his son Ishmael was thriteen.

Iunno, I just though I'd put the actual word in here. I felt Kyle the Skeptic was leaving certain parts out or changing certain parts to his advantage. Like I didn't see anyhting about cutting off a peice of dick as a tribute to God in the Genisis scripture he gave. He may have a different version of the Bible too. I don't have time, but it says in duteronomy that they can't enter the assembly. I don't have time to study further into what exactly that is...yet. I don't have time to read the text arount it either, to see if any of it was taken out of context. I'll do it when I get back from my workout...
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
NuGGet117

Postby NuGGet117 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:34 pm

Grizim wrote:God is Alanis Morissette.

Everyone knows that.

"What, that bitch is hot!"

Ok episode. not much to say. It was in the middle.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:49 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:You're going to get homophobes in the conservative denominations of any religion, including Judaism and Islam.

The Levitical law forbidding homosexuality is a throwback to the days when the survival of the tribe depended on being able to outbreed your rivals, and when STDs were misunderstood. Obviously, if they saw people coming down with such illnesses after having a same-sex relationship, they could only assume it was punishment from God for such behavior. Many of the forbidden / unclean acts described in the Tanach also stem from this cause.

Those who still interpret Leviticus that way in modern times however, are guilty of a double standard. The punishment for homosexuals, which is laid out in the very same chapter, is that they must be put to death. The same goes for adulterers, sabbath breakers, and followers of other faiths, for that matter. Consider that it was also an "abomination" to eat shellfish or pork, to wear mixed fibers, to plant two kinds of crops in the same field, etc. If people are going to cherry pick some retarded law out of scripture in order to justify their own intolerance, they might as well follow the rest of them. But nobody in their right mind would.

And yes, for the record, God is bi-curious. How else would you explain his seeming obsession with male genitals? I mean, it says in Dt 23:1 that if you're a male with smashed testicles or a severed penis, you can never praise Yahweh. Having healthy male parts is of utmost importance to him. There's also the fact that one of God's most sacred rituals (Ge 17:23-24) requires men to cut off a small piece of dick as a tribute to him. :D

I know that. But the document declared by Catholic priests teaches against sex outside of marriage, whether gay OR straight (as it is said, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination"), and says that gays and lesbians should be treated with sincerity, dignity, respect and love. That's what I learned from the Catholic Church. Sure, one of my uncles is gay, and yet I still love him and treat him with respect. That is my dignity of being a Catholic. :cartmansmile:
Still the same as it ever was.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:58 pm

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:Iunno, I just though I'd put the actual word in here. I felt Kyle the Skeptic was leaving certain parts out or changing certain parts to his advantage. Like I didn't see anyhting about cutting off a peice of dick as a tribute to God in the Genisis scripture he gave. He may have a different version of the Bible too. I don't have time, but it says in duteronomy that they can't enter the assembly. I don't have time to study further into what exactly that is...yet. I don't have time to read the text arount it either, to see if any of it was taken out of context. I'll do it when I get back from my workout...

It was a joke, first and foremost. But the part about crushing and cutting does refer to male privates. Check other versions, or the footnotes of the NIV if you're using that. That should clarify the meaning. Also, the part about cutting off a piece of dick refers to ritual circumcision. Yeah, I know the practice likely originated out of health concerns, but it's still funny.
angeldeb82 wrote:I know that. But the document declared by Catholic priests teaches against sex outside of marriage, whether gay OR straight (as it is said, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination"), and says that gays and lesbians should be treated with sincerity, dignity, respect and love. That's what I learned from the Catholic Church. Sure, one of my uncles is gay, and yet I still love him and treat him with respect. That is my dignity of being a Catholic. :cartmansmile:

Yeah, that's why I said conservative denominations. As Will already pointed out, not all churches kick gays out or go around preaching homophobia.

~~~~~~~~

plk12345 wrote:Also, how does our first amendment rights allow us to tell people who they can allow in their club? As a matter of fact, prohibiting their right to allow who they want in their club?

You missed the point entirely. The First Amendment is the one that lays out separation of church and state. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." The BSA's exclusion of gays is derived from a religious law. If they were truly a private organization, they could exclude whomever they wanted, but the fact is that they accept government funding, and therefore cannot advocate a religiously bigoted point of view.
http://ffrf.org/timely/bsa.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winkler_v._Rumsfeld
Trey Parker and Matt Stone in interviews that atheists have the most ridiculous beliefs in the world. They have never said that the bible was written by primitive people. If you need proof of the validity of the bible, i suggest you study biblical prophecy. Besides, claiming that it was written by primitive people refutes your belief in evolution. You are saying that people that lived from 1400 b.c to 400 b.c had not completely evolved. But according to your evolution theory it takes millions of years to completely evolved.

First, you're taking the line in the interview out of context. They were referring to the attitude of some fundamentalists that because we already have all the answers, there isn't anything more out there. It was not a statement about all atheists, especially considering that at the time they didn't know nor care much about atheism. There are certainly plenty of religious people with the very same attitude, that creationism explains everything, therefore there isn't any more out there that we need to know.

Secondly, you seem to be implying that they would advocate biblical literalism. Clearly this is not the case. They have said that the bible is a collection of stories and mythology, which was never meant to be turned into literal translations. I would not disagree.

Third, bible prophecies are bullsh*t and do not prove anything, but that's another topic entirely. If you want to continue, start another thread.

Fourth, what the hell does this have to do with evolution? You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Social change is not the same as genetic evolution. Are you trying to argue that society has not changed? That our morals and ethics have stayed the same? That science and technology have not advanced? By that logic, you should be arguing that gays be put to death in accordance with Levitical laws!
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:09 pm

I cannot believe that they showed a Mexican killing themselves. It is obvious M&T are racist and want to kill every Mexican in the US! I am outrage!

Overall, started out slow, but turned out to be a good episode.
Setting the standard since 1852
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:41 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:Many of you are saying, "I have issues with religion." then you say "The Catholic Church."
The church is run by people and is therefore fallible. Don't pay heed to them if you don't want to, as they don't speak for most of their members nor do they speak for Christ or God. Pick your fight: Is it with religion or withc church?

Don't feel like a debate *eyes lots of angry posts*. I'm a religious person but I keep my religion pretty much personal because I know intelectually that it doesn't make sense (like any mythology) but it means something to me and I believe in it. Peachy. I couldn't defend my religion if asked... but I don't feel I need to since I'm not in the habbit of converting people anyway...

Although an ideal church where no one abuses power is probably possible... I find it improbable.

Edit; T_T The debates have made this such a bummer thread! I don't care how MT feel... Butters was awesome... the depiction was accurate and I liked it.

Cartman sucks cock and if you haven't had a gay thought in your life- I don't care and vise versa... it's not really a significant issue anyway.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”