*1102: Cartman Sucks*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18871
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:58 am

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:Nope. It's always been that way. When Christianity first started the Chrstians murdered a famous female mathematician in Rome,

And you neglect to tell us who that was? For shame.


For shame Big Will, her name was Hypatia.
http://www.math.utah.edu/~alfeld/Hypatia.html

Then I must school you about her. It was in Alexandria where she lived, and there where she was murdered by a mob (most of it Christian, I'm sure), not in Rome. And she was not killed for her religious beliefs, as so many martyrs are, nor for her scientific teachings, but because she was friends with Orestes, Cyril's opponent - this was politically motivated, and thus it could have been any other mob. That it was Christian seems irrelevant in such a political fight. Your argument is thus a straw-man one.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Rebecca_Cutswald
Posts: 897
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:07 pm

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:12 am

[quote="Big-Will":06300][quote="Rebecca_Cutswald":06300][quote="Big-Will":06300][quote="Rebecca_Cutswald":06300]Nope. It's always been that way. When Christianity first started the Chrstians murdered a famous female mathematician in Rome,[/quote:06300]
And you neglect to tell us who that was? For shame.[/quote:06300]

For shame Big Will, her name was Hypatia.
http://www.math.utah.edu/~alfeld/Hypatia.html[/quote:06300]
Then I must school you about her. It was in Alexandria where she lived, and there where she was murdered by a mob (most of it Christian, I'm sure), not in Rome. And she was not killed for her religious beliefs, as so many martyrs are, nor for her scientific teachings, but because she was friends with Orestes, Cyril's opponent - this was politically motivated, and thus it could have been any other mob. That it was Christian seems irrelevant in such a political fight. Your argument is thus a straw-man one.[/quote:06300]

Well it was a christian Mob and if you would like I could produce quotes from the actual bible that promote murder/rape/pedophilia/sexual slaver ect...??? But that would be a bit off topic.

At any rate it doesn't kill my argument at all since the city is inconsequential and their reasons for lynching her are Politics related supports my claim that christians are barbaric since politics is a religious issue to most and yes it WAS a christian mob.

I produce this as evidence of very early Christian brutality.

That also was only one bit of many many many pieces of evidence to christian brutality. I notice you neglect to approach the topic of crusaders devouring muslim babies. This is true too as can be found in "The Crusades Through Muslim Eyes" [b:06300] and incase you think the muslims are lying[/b:06300] well documented in British literature of the time.

While I'm at it I might add that Joan Of Arc's field marshel also ate babies.
Last edited by Rebecca_Cutswald on Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
Spacefille
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:12 am

Postby Spacefille » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:12 am

You guys posted 10 pages in a couple hours. Man...

My first thought when I saw this was going on and on was why are hardcore Christians watching South Park anyway? That was one of the things my hardcore parents permabanned from the house the moment they heard of it. :P


And hey, since there seems to be a lot of Christians running around in this thread, could one or two of you talk some sense into that Fred Phelps guy? Thanks!
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:43 am

@Rebecca- No doubt, people were barbaric. They murdered in God's name, and they are rotting in hell right now.
@Space- The only person who could talk sense into that guy is Satan, who has had his ear for a long time.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:57 am

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:While I'm at it I might add that Joan Of Arc's field marshel also ate babies.

Well who hasn't, really?

Spacefille wrote:You guys posted 10 pages in a couple hours. Man...

I know, I tried to go back and read some of it, but I got loop-head. I'm only posting now because I'm bored, and can't sleep.
Clyde Donovan
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:05 am

Postby Clyde Donovan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:31 am

Christians were getting upset about that? Have they not ever watched South Park? :?:
Image
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18871
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:42 am

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:Well it was a christian Mob and if you would like I could produce quotes from the actual bible that promote murder/rape/pedophilia/sexual slaver ect...??? But that would be a bit off topic.

Yes, it would be. :) And I'm sure many of the texts you have in mind are also in the Torah, yet the Jews don't seem as barbaric.

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:At any rate it doesn't kill my argument at all since the city is inconsequential and their reasons for lynching her are Politics related supports my claim that christians are barbaric since politics is a religious issue to most and yes it WAS a christian mob.

I produce this as evidence of very early Christian brutality.

And that it may be, but you haven't shown what Christian teaching led to this brutality or permitted it to happen, nor that members of other religions haven't been as merciless.

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:That also was only one bit of many many many pieces of evidence to christian brutality. I notice you neglect to approach the topic of crusaders devouring muslim babies. This is true too as can be found in "The Crusades Through Muslim Eyes" and incase you think the muslims are lying well documented in British literature of the time.

Well, after you read about Crusaders riding around Jerusalem in a pool of blood waist-deep, there's no reason to doubt any claim surrounding Muslim babies.

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:While I'm at it I might add that Joan Of Arc's field marshel also ate babies.

Again, that's nice to know, but all this shows me is that humanity is capable of great inhumanity to itself. No acts you've presented have shown me that Christians have done things other religions or cultures haven't done. All you've done is shown that you're anti-Christian.

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:Christianity is an a-moral religion founded on fear, abuse, manipulation, racism, rape, and pedophilia and incest.

Tell me you'd still be alive and not running from a fatwa now if you said this about Islam in a Muslim country. :) Hell, tell me you'd still be alive after revealing your sexual orientation in one of those countries! :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
albino.black.sheep
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:36 pm

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:47 pm

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:And Ugogo_uswimswim, are you gay? Have you ever had homosexual urges that you repressed? If you haven't, that means you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you want me to be honest, yeah, I have. I'm an artist and I see beauty in everything, so those thoughts do come up occasoinally...


Well, as an artist, shouldn't you know better than to repress urges?
Email notifications do matter, people.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:11 pm

Clyde Donovan wrote:Christians were getting upset about that? Have they not ever watched South Park? :?:

*Bitch slaps you*
I don't think you've read the posts. I'm for gay marriage. No one here, besides one nut, said differently. What got us pissed off is what someone else said.

READ.

It's a good thing,
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Rebecca_Cutswald
Posts: 897
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:07 pm

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:28 pm

Big-Will wrote:Tell me you'd still be alive and not running from a fatwa now if you said this about Islam in a Muslim country. :) Hell, tell me you'd still be alive after revealing your sexual orientation in one of those countries! :D


Oh believe, I do not support the Muslim religion in any way what so ever! It really is conventiant that Christians and Muslims enjoy killing eachother so much. If this keeps up we can be rid of the extremist fundamentals in both religions.

As for not having to fear being killed? Yeah thank god I don't live in an era where Christians really do have the power to kill those who speak out against them. Not that they ever would. I mean we've never seen Christian fundamentalists kill fags or "witches" or "mouthy women". THAT NEVER HAPPENS [/sarcasm]

My evidence that the Old Testament supports abuse of women and rape.???

Numbers 31:7-18 NLT
These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

Pedophilia? Seems likely. Rape? No doubt. They're brothers had been killed. Would you sleep with these men?


Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

=/ Oh yippe. She gets to spend the rest of her life with an abusive, sick, rapist and her daddy gets a pay off. That's child prostitution/rape/slavery and a whole slew of other goodness. I have more verses that support abuse in the old testament as well as infantacide, murder, incest, genocide....
Image
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
ugogo_uswimswim
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:56 am

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:31 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:Well, as an artist, shouldn't you know better than to repress urges?


Huh? Know better? Is it a rule that all artists have to embrace these things? I didn't think there were any restricitons to what artists want to do.
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
Rebecca_Cutswald
Posts: 897
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:07 pm

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:37 pm

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:
albino.black.sheep wrote:Well, as an artist, shouldn't you know better than to repress urges?


Huh? Know better? Is it a rule that all artists have to embrace these things? I didn't think there were any restricitons to what artists want to do.


I think Albino.Black.Sheep is just giving you the same argument you gave her only in reverse. You say homo-sexuals should fight their urges and be strait, and she's saying you should not fight urges...

well at any rate- I don't think it's a matter of *should* or *should not* because I really think it's unimportant. Do what feels right for you- but don't assume it's what is really *right* just because it's what you've been taught.


At any rate I wouldn't pressure straits to be gay even if they pressure us to be strait, it's just too invasive and frankly I don't really care what set of genitals a woman hooks up with as long as she doesn't assume it's morally superior.
Image
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
Aym_Dand
Posts: 2236
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:31 am

Postby Aym_Dand » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:45 pm

"In truth, there was only one Christian, and he died on the cross."

"In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point."

Friedrich Nietzsche, The Antichrist
________________________________________________________
I probably would have just put the f*cking lotion in the basket.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
plk12345
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Postby plk12345 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:00 pm

ShaneHaughey, why do you want god to have mercy on me? You don't know what you are talking about. People have told you that god accepts everyone no-matter what, and you created an image of a god in your mind.

Fred Phelps is a pig and always has been. He is MUCH worse than any homosexual

The truth is that what two consenting adults do in private has no affect on us, except of course for the widespread of aids over the past decade

http://youtube.com/watch?v=33-_9nOX8KM
there that is what you want our kids to see every day. its child abuse
ugogo_uswimswim
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:56 am

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:49 pm

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:I think Albino.Black.Sheep is just giving you the same argument you gave her only in reverse. You say homo-sexuals should fight their urges and be strait, and she's saying you should not fight urges...


....I'm sorry, that's going straight over my head. *swoosh*
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests