*1103: Lice Capades*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:52 am

I was talking to my friend on the phone about dirtbikes for about the first half so I didn't get most of that. What movie was the lice thing a spoof of, I didn't get it. I knew the VP thing was Cheney though. I didn't see it being the whole class with lice either. It was good for what I saw but I only got the last half.
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:01 am

After 11 seasons of being a supporting character Clyde got his first major role. Oh and you Kenny fans can stop whining now, Kenny was more then a prop.

The ending was hilarious!
--------------------

Thrawny
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:03 am

Kenny's so poor he's afraid of soap and socks :lol:
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:22 am

I think another viewing might help me out a little bit.

The lice parts were boring at worst, okay-good-ish at best. I thought it was kinda cute at first... But then they wouldn't stop, and they did drag on a lot more for me. When I looked at the time and saw that there had hardly been anything with the kids and the episode was nearly half-way over, I was a bit frustrated with that, but then it switched back to a kid scene. And I was hoping that we would get the rest of the episode with the kids.

So I can't say too much about the lice thing (though the lice massacre/killing of that one chick lice/Travis' hallucination at the end with Kelly/the end itself were amusing... oh and the whole enviornment thing, mostly when that first started up), but the kid parts were all perfect, as far as I'm concerned.

Kenny got attention and a self-reference. That was great. :D And the end with them and Garrison was funny, too. Clyde's parts were great (like the outside scenes during all the deaths... or closer to the end, "ow"). Aww, he's got a conscious. That was adorable. And really... I loved the Kenny parts.

But yeah. I can't think of anything else to say. I really, really think another viewing will make me feel a bit better about it, kinda like Go God Go. But yeah... I didn't like it nearly as much as the past two episodes. Not on the first viewing... hopefully it'll get better next time.
jjmac12345

Postby jjmac12345 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:38 am

That was a weird one. I haven't seen hardly any of the movies they were referencing, so maybe thats why I didn't find it that funny. It had a few funny parts but overall it pretty much bored me. 6.5/10 Lets hope this is the only mediocre one for this run.
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:40 am

Lice Capades was awesome. :o

Way better than last weeks f*ck/i]aggy piece of crap.
eviljef

Postby eviljef » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:40 am

It's driving me crazy trying to think of what movie this episode was referencing. Was it a parody of just one movie, or a bunch of different ones?
Plop!
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:44 am

Hmm. I gotta say, I like that Clyde finally had a major role. Though I love the main four (except for Cartman) and Butters dearly, it was nice to see a different kid get the spotlight. (Interesting how Clyde's last name got changed to Harris in this one..)

The lice scenes were pretty clever. ("How did a louse like me find a louse like you?".. tee hee hee..) The thing with the "babeh" louse got kinda old after a while, though, and like Lior, I was really wanting to see less of them and more of the kids.

So far, "Cartman Sucks" is still my favourite episode of the season.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:49 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:Thoughts on the first part...

3) Harris? that name sucks, let's go back to Donovan please.

Donovan is Clyde's last name. We never knew Craig's until tonight.

Wait... just looked at the ep again... they DID f*ck up Clyde's last name! :mad:
Last edited by Big-Will on Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:50 am

I love that Cartman is a pain in f*ck/i]aggy liberals' asses who won't go away. :lol:

Last week's ep was gay and one of the worst ep's of South Park ever.The other two ep's were great.You can spot the liberals easily,they like the one or two crap episodes each season and hate all the rest and constantly complain how South Park's not what it used to be.

:lol:
Jayemel

Postby Jayemel » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:53 am

hainted wrote:You can spot the liberals easily,they like the one or two crap episodes and hate all the rest and constantly complain how South Park's not what it used to be.

I'm VERY conservative and think Season 11 has been a bit of a dissappointment so far, but that discussion is a different one.

As for this episode:

I feel like Stan at the end of two episodes ago...I don't get it.

This episode seemed to be sympathetic towards enviromentalists, except that Earth isn't concious. Also, the episode seemed to advocate space travel.

Throw Antz onto the movie parody list. The lice looked like the ants in that movie. Was the plot the same as that movie?

Was this episode the 24 parody? The main lice guy had dark hair, his wife died, he was keeping hope alive when no one believed him, and the VP was a dick (re: Season 6 of 24).

Where did the 24 parody thing come from anyway?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:56 am

Jay, the 24 parody came from the press release at the start of teh year.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
eviljef

Postby eviljef » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:01 am

I loved "Cartman Sucks". I, as a bisexual myself, agree completely with their message that just because you're different, that doesn't mean you're "just confused", and should have to change to make everyone else happy.
Plop!
Jayemel

Postby Jayemel » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:07 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Jay, the 24 parody came from the press release at the start of teh year.

Thanks, so we don't know what episode it will be (or was), only that it will happen? Interesting.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:08 am

eviljef wrote:I loved "Cartman Sucks". I, as a bisexual myself, agree completely with their message that just because you're different, that doesn't mean you're "just confused", and should have to change to make everyone else happy.

Are you sure you're in the right thread? 'Cause this thread isn't about "Cartman Sucks".

Jayemel wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:Jay, the 24 parody came from the press release at the start of teh year.

Thanks, so we don't know what episode it will be (or was), only that it will happen? Interesting.

Well, we do have 4 more eps to go before they go on hiatus until October. :)
Last edited by Big-Will on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”