*1106: D-Yikes!*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:33 am

madness?

this is sparta
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:35 am

Pretty good. The runner about everyone hiring Mexicans to do thier dirty work made me laugh every time. Same thing for the 300-style unnecessary slow motion.

I don't really buy Garrison as a lesbian of course. He's obviously just trying to fit in with a group.

Another well executed movie parody from the boys. (Seems to be a lot of those this season.)

You read it! You can't unread it!
VegJed

Postby VegJed » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:40 am

An alright episode, but since I haven't seen 300, I might not have enjoyed it as much. I feel like the best part of the episode was the Mexicans, but they weren't used enough.
deputy_fife111

Postby deputy_fife111 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:41 am

What was this episode a movie parody of? Second half of the episode was really good. The way the garrison made the mexicans dress to look like persians was hilarious. I thought the boys were going to get more of a story out of this but it was just that one part with them and the mexicans and that was it. The scissoring stuff was also funny.

Unknown fact: the song that was being played when garrison and that girl were first about to kiss was song by a lesbian singer lol funny inside joke there. I forget the name of the singer if someone could tell me that would be great.

8/10 good ep
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? -George Carlin
GarrisonisSmithsFather

Postby GarrisonisSmithsFather » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:44 am

This is probably my favorite episode since garrison became a bitc..err..female. You got to figure the past 6 seasons have all been 1 South Park year.so garrison got a sex change because he was against homosexuals and now is becoming a lesbain in less than a 12 month time period. I really laughted when Stan said "again"....ahah poor kids. So the Garrison character is not dead, s/he has a new plot line and I still think she'll become a man and maybe that persian guy will become a man too since garrison is suddenly ok with being gay. "No this is Les Bos" I burst out laughing. Episode of the season ill bet, never I mean never has there been a better more dynamic character on TV than X Garrison ...pat on the back south park heads.
Mr. Garrison kicks more ass than Chuck Norris
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:45 am

I liked this episode, but it seems to me they're still falling short of a really awesome Garrison episode. It's been a number of years since they've hit on a spectacular Garrison plot.

Ever since Death Camp of Tolerance, the most they've been able to do with Garrison is come up with new f*cked up things for him to do. But the episodes wind up falling short for me. And it started with Death Camp of Tolerance.

So yeah, good episode this week, but not a truely awesome Garrison story like they've had in the past.

You read it! You can't unread it!
GarrisonisSmithsFather

Postby GarrisonisSmithsFather » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:46 am

deputy_fife111 wrote:What was this episode a movie parody of? Second half of the episode was really good. The way the garrison made the mexicans dress to look like persians was hilarious. I thought the boys were going to get more of a story out of this but it was just that one part with them and the mexicans and that was it. The scissoring stuff was also funny.

Unknown fact: the song that was being played when garrison and that girl were first about to kiss was song by a lesbian singer lol funny inside joke there. I forget the name of the singer if someone could tell me that would be great.

8/10 good ep

Melissa Ethrige - Come To My Window
Mr. Garrison kicks more ass than Chuck Norris
cactuswolf1983

Postby cactuswolf1983 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:54 am

9/10 definitely as all episodes of this season have been so far.

Sure the whole lesbian thing was funny but didn't anybody else laugh at the Mexicans? I laughed so hard I almost cried when the kids tried to get their essays from the Mexicans and they were like "I wrote my esse" lol Oh man that was classic. I love SP's portrayal of Mexicans, like in Free Willzyx... "Si...Fly..." Lol But yeah the Persians didn't make any sense to me, but I get it now. 300 parody. Great episode. Gotta love Garrison.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:14 am

8/10 Full of irony.

The plot

Ms. Garrison/300 parody- Funny. I really like how at the beginning of the episode Ms. garrison (a former man) is converted to a lesbian and at the end of the episode the head persian guy (a former woman) is converted by Ms. Garrison. I found that really ironic. As for 300, i've never actually seen it, but I could tell that's what they were making fun of.

Ongoing Mexican labor joke- Also funny. First the boys ask them to write their essays (which they misinterprate), then the lesbians ask them to spy on the persians, and then the school asks them to substitute for Garrison. That was really funny to me.

Worst of the season, but still a good episode.

Positives/Negatives

Positives
. the "scissoring" joke (f*cking hilarious)
. Kenny had 2 lines (it's better than none)
. We finally learned Ms. Garrison's first name
. Ms. Garrison pissed off
. the lesbo fight scene

Negatives
. not enough people have seen 300 yet to get the references
. the original lesbian to convert Garrison pretty much disappeared after the first act (though I may have to watch it again)
. the plot didn't unfold as well as it could have

Questions
.Is Ms. Garrison going to be lesbian from now on?
. Does "Les Bos" actually mean something in french or is it simply just a play on words for "lesbos"?
Last edited by swellman7 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
ilovestanlymarsh

Postby ilovestanlymarsh » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:25 am

Well, this season so far has been pretty good

But this episode, well, it sucked.
The only funny thing in it, the mexicans

The whole slow motion thing has just become annoying. Garrison is just annoying. Which isnt funny by the way, just in case you didnt know.

Not enough of the boys in this episode. Ever since the sex change Garrison just, well sucks.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:30 am

ilovestanlymarsh wrote:Well, this season so far has been pretty goo

The whole slow motion thing has just become annoying. Garrison is just annoying. Which isnt funny by the way, just in case you didnt know.

Not enough of the boys in this episode. Ever since the sex change Garrison just, well sucks.

You said virtually everything I was going to say. I didn't look forward to this episode because Garrison episodes these days are just, well... nasty... and not funny. Go God Go was still good because of the Cartman plot, and Follow That Egg was tame in comparison to other Garrison episodes, but this one... yeah, it's an example of how annoying Garrison has gotten since the sex change. I was hoping becoming a lesbian would inspire Garrison to get a sex change back to a man, but no such luck.

So yeah, I'll give this one a 4/10, worst of the season by far. In fact, it's the only bad episode this season so far. There were a few funny things: the Mexicans, Stan saying "Again?" when Garrison admits to being gay, the girl bar being called Les Bos... that's about it. 'Twas a disappointment after so many great episodes. I just hope the finale for this run is good.
ilovestanlymarsh

Postby ilovestanlymarsh » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:38 am

[quote="KennyStanWendyFan":79e52][quote="ilovestanlymarsh":79e52]Well, this season so far has been pretty goo

Not enough of the boys in this episode. Ever since the sex change Garrison just, well sucks.[/quote:79e52]
You said virtually everything I was going to say. I didn't look forward to this episode because Garrison episodes these days are just, well... nasty... and not funny. Go God Go was still good because of the Cartman plot, and Follow That Egg was tame in comparison to other Garrison episodes, but this one... yeah, it's an example of how annoying Garrison has gotten since the sex change. I was hoping becoming a lesbian would inspire Garrison to get a sex change back to a man, but no such luck.

So yeah, I'll give this one a 4/10, worst of the season by far. In fact, it's the only bad episode this season so far. There were a few funny things: the Mexicans, Stan saying "Again?" when Garrison admits to being gay, the girl bar being called Les Bos... that's about it. 'Twas a disappointment after so many great episodes. I just hope the finale for this run is good.[/quote:79e52]

Ha, i wish i could've put it into those words! You like, read my mind :wink:

I always get excited about the finale for the, but have been getting disapointed. I guess i just always figure maybe we will get one like the old days. I guess i'll just have to go to my collection for those lol.

But i've definatly liked this season more than the last, thats for sure.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:41 am

Yeah, the classics rule. I gotta revisit the old DVDs sometime. :D
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:42 am

Hmm, weird.

Honestly, the episode was much funnier during the first half than in the second. Everything was going fine until they got into the "300" parody, which they seemed to be leaning too heavily on to carry the latter half. I laughed so hard when Garrison came out as "gay" for the second time in SP history. The puns were clever, the sub-plot with the Mexicans was fairly decent, and the boys seemed to get fairly even roles. (Is it just me, or did Kenny's "Uh-oh" seem much louder than he normally speaks?)

The second half just didn't do it for me, and I doubt it's because I haven't seen the movie being parodied. A good parody should still manage to be funny even if the audience isn't all that familiar with the original work being parodied. The slow-motion gag was overdone and poorly timed, they missed a lot of opportunities to parody the action scenes and include more gags, and the ending kind of staggered off.

Even though I thought Garrison was actually used fairly well in this one, I would have wanted to see more focus on the boys. I just think that, overall, the various plots weren't very balanced.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:43 am

The old episodes are good, but I like the new eps too. They all have some sort of value to me. Besides, nothing’s perfect.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”