About season 11 - please take a look

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

MetallicCartman

About season 11 - please take a look

Postby MetallicCartman » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:27 am

Dont you think season 11 is repeating it self? There is always a battle mood. Its not stupid jokes anymore like once... There always fighting... I dont want to write here sopilers but think of each episode. Each and everyone had a chase or a fight or something that comes under the idea of "Action"...

Once it was just stupid things like getting in trouble, bets between the children, new kid and all of that... Its just not the same :(

do you agree?
Oren
What would Brian Boitano write?
swellman7

Re: About season 11 - please take a look

Postby swellman7 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:58 pm

MetallicCartman wrote:Dont you think season 11 is repeating it self? There is always a battle mood. Its not stupid jokes anymore like once... There always fighting... I dont want to write here sopilers but think of each episode. Each and everyone had a chase or a fight or something that comes under the idea of "Action"...

Once it was just stupid things like getting in trouble, bets between the children, new kid and all of that... Its just not the same :(

do you agree?
Oren

So, you wish South park was stupider?

And there's always been action in south park, even in the earlier seasons, just not animated as well.
NuGGet117

Re: About season 11 - please take a look

Postby NuGGet117 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:24 am

swellman7 wrote:So, you wish South park was stupider?

And there's always been action in south park, even in the earlier seasons, just not animated as well.

Yeah, but now there are less jokes
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:37 am

I think what he is saying is that the action went from being character driven to event driven.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
BPN356

Postby BPN356 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:28 am

I think that the jokes are getting more grown up, in a way that they're not wasting too much time helping people to get the joke. I think it's really funny this way, but I always thought South Park was funny :wink:
Don't destroy my sjitty wall, dmn Mongolians!!
MetallicCartman

Postby MetallicCartman » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:47 pm

Its not more grown up. and yes there was always action, but now theres action like in an american movie. Always chasing and killing and back stabing... Before there was revenge, getting a place in sociaty, aliens - stupid jokes that made the show what it is today. but now it went in a whole new direction...
Where did Mister Hanky go?
Why did towlie learned not to get high for good ideas? Getting high is why he's so funny...
And for all season 11, Mrs. Garrison didnt one time laugh at the children...

ALL THE CLASSICS ARE GONE
BPN356

Postby BPN356 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:56 pm

I agree, but that was what I ment. The childish jokes, are gone. The lame, omg, 'wtf?!?' jokes are somewhat changed in these jokes who, I think, are more grown up.

But you have a point though, I do miss Towlie, but that doesn't mean I don't think South Park is funny anymore. I think season 11 has made a great start, and they can't show the same type of jokes every season...
Don't destroy my sjitty wall, dmn Mongolians!!
MetallicCartman

Postby MetallicCartman » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:17 pm

it started great but it started the same... every each episode there was something like the rest... the next writing is a spoiler about season 11, who ever havnt seen them all dont read it:
1101 - people chased randy and he feared for his life.
1102 - cartman wanted to kick kyles ass cause he feared for that picture to be published in the class.
1103 - every kid feared people will find out about the lice, you see klyd dealing with it, and the lice were afraid of the world killing them.
1104 - everyone is chasing each other, fearing the terrorist threat.
1105 - the bunnys fear the catholic church, they are chased by them.
1106 - the persians chase the lesbians because of the club. they lesbians fear the persians, and theres a war mood.

each one of the episode has a war mood, some kind of fight, and each and every episode someone dies except kenny...
EVEN KENNY STOPS DYING =(

think about it...
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:42 pm

How is that any different from the first season?

101 - Aliens chased Cartman, and he feared for his ass.
102 - Mr. Garrison has issues with Kathie Lee Gifford that go back to his childhood. He tries to kill her with a rifle, afraid he'll never got over those issues if she's still alive.
103 - Jimbo and the boys go into the woods, but a volcano blows up and they fear for their lives.
104 - Sparky fears for his life when Stan decides Sparky's not a butch enough dog, and finds sanctuary with Big Gay Al.
105 - The boys encounter a mutant Stan and fear for their lives.
106 - Kenny fears for his life as Death comes looking for him.
107 - The boys fear for their lives as zombies multiply and threaten to kill everyone in town
108 - The boys fear for their lives when Damien, the son of Satan, moves to town and starts going to school with them.
109 - The townsfolk fear for their lives when mutant turkeys run amok and kill a few folk.
110 - Kyle is afraid he's going insane because no one believes him about Mr. Hankey.
111 - Ms. Ellen fears for her life when Wendy goes apeshit over Stan having a crush on her.
112 - The townsfolk fear for their lives when Mecha-Streisand comes to town and starts destroying it.
113 - Cartman fears he'll never know whom his father really is.

There has ALWAYS been an element of fear in the show. Why should this season be any different?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nikers88

Postby nikers88 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:47 pm

I like that kenny doesnt die anymore, Every episode i would watch i would always expect kenny to die and it would make it boring. Before in the earliers seasons they focused on fart jokes and most of those episodes got a 7.5 to 8.5 rating. now they do mostly parodies which are hilarious to me and they are getting 8.5 to 9.5 ratings

just my opinion, if you agree with me, than good for you.

thx
kenny owns
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:58 pm

MetallicCartman wrote:it started great but it started the same... every each episode there was something like the rest... the next writing is a spoiler about season 11, who ever havnt seen them all dont read it:
1101 - people chased randy and he feared for his life.
1102 - cartman wanted to kick kyles ass cause he feared for that picture to be published in the class.
1103 - every kid feared people will find out about the lice, you see klyd dealing with it, and the lice were afraid of the world killing them.
1104 - everyone is chasing each other, fearing the terrorist threat.
1105 - the bunnys fear the catholic church, they are chased by them.
1106 - the persians chase the lesbians because of the club. they lesbians fear the persians, and theres a war mood.

Yes, that's called "conflict" and it's an important part to any good story. If there's no conflict, there's no problem and, consequently, no story. All stories have some kind of conflict; an obstacle characters must overcome or succumb to.

You read it! You can't unread it!
monkeydluffy2389

Postby monkeydluffy2389 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:25 pm

M&T have always said that once something becomes a convention they will stop doing it. I find it really respectable that they stopped killing kenny, for example. If anything can be said of this season is that it is strong in parody, not that is necessarily a bad thing when in the hands of M&T. Also the scenes with a really bloody death a funny as hell. (jesus dying, the homeless researcher dying, the lice dying) This season has been really great so far. And the series has only gotten better, if you go back and watch the first and second season you'll see that M&T are still learning to write for television. Oh, and triplemultiplex is right, :conflict- need it for a plot.
GOMU GOMU NO!!.....
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:31 pm

Has this been the bloodiest run so far?
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:06 pm

Mass killings of random, expendable characters have been commonplace in South Park for quite a while. Remember Pinkeye? That was even more of a bloodbath than last night's episode. What I hate, however, is when they kill off a recurring character like Ms. Crabtree. (Killing Kenny is fine, though, since we know he'll come back.)

Return to “General South Park Discussion”