Zombie Survival

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Zombie Survival

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:30 pm

Discuss how to survive the upcoming Zombie Invasion. tactics, strategies, weapons, safe houses, etc. all welcome topics.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Robbert123

Postby Robbert123 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:47 pm

Dude, fore the last time I ask you that don't realy watch the news do you?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:52 pm

I already answered your lame question and you already have my answer. Now either leave the topic, post something constructive about zombie survival, or PM me what the hell you want with me.
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:03 am

Here are the bests in my oppinon.

Best Firearm: Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
Best Melee: Battle Axe
Best Alternative Transportation: Bike
Best Safehouse: Stocked Warehouse (Preferabally food stocked)
Best Strategy: Keep Solitary, Keep Quiet, Keep entertained.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:16 am

Grenades, lots of grenades. and my hide out would be an old abandoned boat factory near were I live.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:23 am

Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle: Good for the first few days, but after that, ammunition will be scarce and it won't help you if you're surrounded.

Battle axe: Too unwieldly.

Bike: If we go up against faster zombies, you're screwed.

Safehouse: Stocked warehouse. Decent, but too many ways of getting in and too much ground to cover.

Strategy: Not bad, though it doesn't take into account zombie attacks in larger numbers.

Grenades: Well, the only problem here is what if the zombie is three feet away? Plus, you won't have too many grenades.

Here is how it'd likely go down:
Virus is unleashed, but no one knows. After a week, teh town is closed off by the military. The next week, crime skyrockets as "cannibal" attacks increase. Eventually, two weeks after the outbreak, you have the scenario.

Weapons I would think would work well:
Handguns- Good, portable weapons with available ammunition.
Shotguns- Perfect for blowing heads off of shoulders. Problem? kickback.
Automatic weapons- If used correctly, teh volume of fire can be effective
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:28 am

Hmm. Well, I have noticed that zombies are relatively slow and stupid, and in some cases can be defeated by a shoe to the head. However in groups of three or more, they can tear into a grown man's chest cavity like it was made of Meringue. I guess the main thing to do is make sure you have a lot of shoes.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:35 am

Brief zombie survival tips
The following are just a few basic rules to help you survive any type of zombie outbreak. These are just simple rules intended for one person or a small group to survive.

1.I think rule number one in any zombie outbreak case should be stay the f*ck inside. Whether it's with somebody else or your own home, you need to get inside. Once you are safely secure inside(meaning their aren't any zombies inside with you),you need to board up all windows and doors. You can do this by cutting up normal household furniture, tables,chairs etc. Don't let anybody inside who you believe is bitten (see rule 3). And always have an escape route.

2. Weapons. If you have a gun, use your ammo sparingly. And of course only shoot zombies in the head. If you don't have a gun,use anything you can find. Pretty much everything you see can be used as a weapon somehow. So, just use your imagination.

3A.If someone is bitten. Before helping out other people you must make sure they are not infected in any way. Ask them if they've been bitten and/or check their body for bite marks. If you do believe someone is bitten you can't help them. Their's nothing you can do. Just get away from them as quickly as possible.

3B. If they're not bitten. If the person isn't bitten then you should group together with them. No matter who they are, they can help in some way against zombie resistance.

Well,those were just the three main rules (condensed) to zombie survival. I will go more into depth about other issues in future posts.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:38 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Battle axe: Too unwieldly.

Zombies tend to not be very agile, so your weapon wouldn't have to be very weildy, just powerful. Plus your forgeting the awesome factor: the more awesome a weapon, the better it works against zombies. I base this theory, on nothing.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:48 am

I usually just pick up my trusty shovel and bash in the head of any lurching, slow-witted, incoherent person I come across. At least that takes care of the creationists. If it were zombies, I would run. :D
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:42 pm

It all depends on the type of outbreak. I have generally put zombies into five classes.

SHANE HAUGHEY'S GUIDE TO THE UNDEAD: THE TYPES, STENGTHS AND WHATNOTS.

1- "Shambler"
Classic zombie. Slow, not at all a threat in a small circumstance. Now, here is where Swellman and I disagree: It doesn't have to be shot in the head. True, this is the fastest and easiest way to kill it. However, assuming that the virus revives the body with minimal effeort so as to conserve energy and survive until it can feed, a significant amount of damage may force a shutdown of the body. A shambler is never a threat until they gather in large numbers or are in close combat, when they can get frenzied.

2- "Walker"
A slighty faster, tougher, stronger version of a shambler. Zombies at this stage have eaten and therefore been able to use their energy to further revive their body. More damage is needed and they do present a threat, but not to the extent of three.

3- "Killer Kahn"
The first few victims of teh virus may be Killer Kahns. They are those who have been sent to a hospital. The ways that the doctor attempts to revive the patient actually energize the virus. The victim will respond with immediate vicious and homocidal acts. They will be quick, strong, sharp and very tough to kill. However, the energy expended will deplete the victim enough so that the virus will no longer support the body and the victim wil die.

4- "Runner"
These zombies are no stronger or durable than Walkers, but gtheir viciousness and speed are to be feared. Crowds of them can break upon nearly any fence and door and will break it. They can attack even well-trained survivors and defeat them. In urban areas where their sprinting can get them from place to place, they are utterly lethal and are the bane of many.

5- "Evolver"
This zombie has survived for much time and has feasted on many humans. The virus has been able to revive most of him, but something is wrong; he is someway mutated. He is usually incredibly difficult to kill, very strong, and has good speed. Concrentrated firepower is needed to kill him, and even then the potent virus may revive him.

On Swellman's guide:
1- Agreed with most of it.
2- A two-story house with only one entry is the best. This is so that you can board the first floor, move everything up to the second, and observe from a safe place.
3- Weaponwise, remember that then only zombies you stand a chance against in close combat are the Shamblers and Walkers. Even then, fighting them en masse is suicide in this scenario. When you recognize that an outbreak is in your area, your first three targets need to be:
1- Gun store. Many believe these areas will be crowded, but if you recognize the outbreak, you can get there and arm yourself well. It will also give you as much ammo as you could want.
2- Food. Places like Wal*Mart are great at finding sources of food that can be saved for months.
3- Safehouse. Out-of the way, small, easy to barricade and protect places with escape routes is essential.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:58 pm

^ I just remembered something... CHAINSAWS!! :D , They take up gasoline so its not the perfect melee weapon, but it scores high with the awesome factor, and the massive damage it inflicts could make short work of any zombie.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:20 pm

Only problem with the chainsaw is if you're fighting with other people against zombies. You may accidentaly chop them into bits as well. Blunt objects like bats are better. Plus, you need gasoline. Attacking a zombie with a chainsaw also means you'd spend more time on the foe, as any non-head decap would leave the foe alive and closing in. It's a LOT harder to lop off a head than what you'd think.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:44 pm

Okay, if zombie outbreak were to occur right now, here's my situation:

BAD

-I live in Massachussetts, which means there are no gun stores.

- the Police are total facists in this state, and would probably kill every one just to keep it from spreading.

- the Boston Marathon just happened and the runners are still in town, though I don't live in boston, eventualy I'll be fighting some pretty fast zombies.

NEUTRAL

- There's a Nor'easter going on right now, that will slow down me, and the zombies.

GOOD

-I live near the ocean, so I might be able to swipe a boat, and go some were safe, or just stay out there as long as I can.

-I also live near the boonies, zombies probably wouldn't go there in large numbers due to harsh terrain, and little food.

-My best friend is a crazy redneck who lives in said boonies and believes in "The Thing", I wouldn't put it past him to also believe in zombies, and to have stock piled supplies for the outbreak.

- Our town is powered by a Fission reactor, so if it came down to that...
maddjuro

Postby maddjuro » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:50 pm

well, a good weapon is always a baseball bat, especyally a smaler one you can use with one hand, cause that bibone, aldough powerfull isn't as fast as the small one, a machete is also nice, an axe is ok, but it gets easily stuck in a chopped head, and you don't want an axe getting stucked when you are surrounded by zombies.
you shoudld say in house and stock up on water and food that can last long time, like ans, chockolate, and you shoud also get medicine.
board up the house, to keep zombies, and prople out.
a good weapon would be a rifle for long range, and a gun for short range combat. grenades could be bad cause they could start a fire, and with none to turn it out, it could get "hot",
also make a sign that can be seen from the sky, and you should be reachable by a helicopter.

but that all is kinda yuseless, if the zombie tipe are the zombies from "return of the living dead" part one and two, that are so to say unkillable
"Death is the solution to all problems; No man no problem". J.V.S.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”