Zombie Survival

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:33 pm

My house would probably not be a good place to hold up in. My back yard is completely open to the alley as I have no fence, and the back door is basically a 6' X 3' sliding piece of glass (Actually two 6X3 pieces of sliding glass).

Now I do have a small assortment of weapons. Dad's .22, Some sort of small hand gun that came from San Antonio, and uses the smallest damn bullets I've ever seen, Grandpa's machete, and a Nazi Soldier's sword that he brought home from the war... Uhh... Several bats, including a nice rigid aluminum one, about three axes, and a couple of hatchets.

Then of course, we get into "Desperation Weapon" territory. There you have your shovels, hoes, rakes, broom handles, traverse curtain rods, cast iron drain pipe, vacuum cleaner floor wands (Not the modern plastic ones, but the metal ones. The older the better), bed rails, toasters (You could really bash in a skull or two with the one I have)... I know there are others, but that's all I can think of.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:40 pm

My dads shotgun is some were in the closet, if I had to, I could find it. There's also a civil war sword in there, its rusty, but it could do some damage.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Well I'm in a tough place to start defending myself against zombies. I'm in the middle of the largest city in Wisconsin, so there's potentially 2 million zombies within 24 Thiller videos of me. My best bet would be to tear outta hear in my pickup truck and run over anything and anyone I had to get the f*ck outta Dodge.

Since I moved out of my parents house 6 years ago, I've been without my own shotgun. But I already have several shortcuts picked out in case a rapid withdrawl from the city is necessary and normal routes are crowded with refugees. 4WD will help. (Hint: railroad tracks.)

My prognosis will depend on how early I detect and identify the threat. I'm confident I could remove myself to zombie-free, rural area if I can get out in time.

Plan B: Lake Michigan via the marina at Veterans Park. (Unless there's a simultaneous storm with strong east winds. Then I'm f*cked.)

You read it! You can't unread it!
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:09 pm

I'd go to a green house because zombies can't break through glass and there's a decent supply plus I can break of a tree branch off to smash the f*ckers heads in.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:45 am

I wonder if this thread will save any lives?

Anyways...I wonder how good of a weapon a magnum would make.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:06 am

Thunderhorse wrote:I wonder if this thread will save any lives?

Anyways...I wonder how good of a weapon a magnum would make.

This thread might cause people to buy weapons and supplies for a zombie attack, but them use them in a natural disaster, so it could save lives even if zombies don't exist.

Magnum bullets would be hard to come by, but it would be a good weapon.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:58 am

Thunderhorse wrote:I wonder how good of a weapon a magnum would make.

Well, maybe if you blow it up you could pop it and give someone a heart attack... Oh, you mean the gun. Never mind then.

EDIT:
:cartmanangry: NO KITTY THAT'S A BAD GOD DAMN KITTY!!!
Last edited by BRMBug on Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buttersbutters

Postby buttersbutters » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:21 pm

Has no-one here seen films? With just a baseball bat, you could defeat the zombie army and fall in love at the same time by acting couragous.
maddjuro

Postby maddjuro » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:56 pm

[quote="buttersbutters":873e3]Has no-one here seen films? With just a baseball bat, you could defeat the zombie army [size=200:873e3][b:873e3][i:873e3]and[/i:873e3][/b:873e3][/size:873e3] fall in love at the same time by acting couragous.[/quote:873e3]

have you seen return of living dead 1 & 2?
"Death is the solution to all problems; No man no problem". J.V.S.
buttersbutters

Postby buttersbutters » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:40 pm

maddjuro wrote:
buttersbutters wrote:Has no-one here seen films? With just a baseball bat, you could defeat the zombie army and fall in love at the same time by acting couragous.

have you seen return of living dead 1 & 2?

No. Although I have seen Shaun of the dead.
maddjuro

Postby maddjuro » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:58 pm

well, i saw a ton of zombie movies, and usually the die if you destroy the head, but in return of living dead 1,2 and i think also 3, you cant kill them, you can chop off the head, shoot the brain and so no, you can only burn them, and eaven then, the smoke can, revive new dead, and i think that if you enhale he smoke you also become a zombie. but shaun is a great parody, really nice.
"Death is the solution to all problems; No man no problem". J.V.S.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:28 pm

buttersbutters wrote:No. Although I have seen Shaun of the dead.

That's just a parody of zombie movies, it doesn't really count.

And anybody who's seen "Dawn of the dead"(the remake) or "Land of the dead" would know that zombies have become smarter, stronger, and faster(meaning they can run). So it would be very difficult (nearly impossible, actually) to just go out and start beating zombies with a baseball bat.
master ed

Postby master ed » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:42 pm

Shane, you don't know sh*t. Everyone elses strategies and weapon picks are way ebtter than yours. You will most likely e the first to die if zombies ever do attack.
Now making SIGS, PM me for one, I will be reliable.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:49 pm

If I think that zombies can be reprogramned to be back-up dancers, than who are you to tell me I'm wrong!
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:57 pm

Has anyone even tried just pretending to be one? That's what i would do. Just walk with them and make slow moaning sounds, maybe bite a few regular people. And when they say "Oh my god they bit me! Im doomed! kelly!!" i'd just whisper "Shh! don't worry, your not infected! Im not a real zombie!". "You're not a zombie? Oh, whew! Thank god......wait, you f*cking BIT me!". "Shh! Just play along, this is fun!" And sooner than you think the entire world will be zombies...just half of them will pretend.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”