Trey & Matt: Bring Back The Kids' Business Sense!!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Superstring

Trey & Matt: Bring Back The Kids' Business Sense!!

Postby Superstring » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:05 am

I love episodes from seasons 3 and 4 type thing because I loved Cartman's positive business thinking! I liked it when scenes ended with Cartman saying something quick, decisive and positive like "Tell everyone auditions start tommorow morning!" That aspect of the show was the sh*t.

An example of later episodes which are similar but not the same are when they represent Token and go to American Idol for that Chinese lady who can't sing, and also the one where they have the sexy action news show. These episodes are more like, mocking that its *kids* doing business -- I liked it more when it viewed things from their level!!! If that makes sense.

Personally i would love to see episodes go back to whatever exactly I'm saying..like that!!!
Sorry To Bother, But Might You Have An EpiPen I Can Use Immediately?

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/47986
triplemultiplex

Re: Trey & Matt: Bring Back The Kids' Business Sense!!

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:32 pm

Superstring wrote:I love episodes from seasons 3 and 4 type thing because I loved Cartman's positive business thinking! I liked it when scenes ended with Cartman saying something quick, decisive and positive like "Tell everyone auditions start tommorow morning!" That aspect of the show was the sh*t.

So you think Cartman being greedy was a good thing, then? All of those ~season 4 episodes you speak of were just Cartman being a greedy little miser and wanting 10 million dollars without really working for it.

Those were great ideas for shows back then, but if they did it again, M&T would just be repeating themselves.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Superstring

Postby Superstring » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:55 pm

its not the greediness I want back at all, its the fast and positive business thinking. It's not something I want back so I can LAUGH at it and find it funny, its just something in the show which was really enjoyable, and set a strong backbone for plot developments and jokes and sh*t.
Sorry To Bother, But Might You Have An EpiPen I Can Use Immediately?

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/47986
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:06 pm

I don't really understand what you really want. I thought the boys still have the ability to make fast and positive business decisions, all that's changed is that Matt and Trey are better able to drag on scenes.

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:05 pm

I kind of like that kind of thing, too. It's usually Cartman who brings up the idea, which ends up backfiring, but it's still funny.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:40 pm

Okay, I think this is what he means:

He enjoyed the episodes where the kids did business/started something and were positive about it.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Tue May 01, 2007 12:18 am

Well in that case, the only vital difference between those older business episodes and the newer versions of those is that the old ones did not feature the boys in direct competition in their business ventures. Even if I'm wrong, the boys shouldn't always have the same mentality every single time they try to start something, otherwise those types of episodes become too formulatic. :?

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”