Do you believe in God?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

simon265

Do you believe in God?

Postby simon265 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:52 pm

Here in England alot of us don't really believe in religion anymore. I personally dont because most wars are starting because the one side doesnt have the same religious beliefs.

So want to know what everyone thinks
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:05 pm

I believe in some type of creator, but my views are pretty much those of the deists
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:35 pm

I don't like to use the word "God" because it's so overused and it's just simplifying things too much. If you say you believe in God, it doesn't say ANYTHING. Just anything can be called "God" and you don't have to be religious to have some kind of a God..... I believe that anyone's god is as real to the person whose god it is. If that made any sense...

I only believe in my own consciousness.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:44 pm

oh please,

don't invoke religious wars to support your disbelief in god. God can still exis even though some crackheads use religion to justify their rebellion against what their religion teaches. Please, please, cut that out. So lets get back to reasonable diolouge.

Religion seems to form itself out of need throughout history. People need an explanation for the phenomena around them. People do not create religion, religion forms itself.

Now, this of course doesn't discredit any single religion.
vexille

Postby vexille » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:54 pm

Reasonable diolouge? You mean ' dialogue'.

Religion still needs people's help to develope. Without the existance of sentient beings, religion would not exist as a concept.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:08 pm

I believe in God. A definition of him is impossible to agree on.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:37 pm

All right, all right! I admit it. But direct communication with our goddess is regarded as a blasphemous concept. Here's everything you need to know. :D

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Atheism
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Athe

Owing to their reluctance to explicitly mention any form of deity when discussing their faith, it is perceived by many that Atheism is in fact the lack of a belief in God. In reality Atheists just think that the goddess Athe is too busy helping embryos to develop, pushing the Earth around the sun and keeping all physical constants at the right value to worry about “sins” of individual humans (especially since there's about 6.5 billion humans on Earth right now). For instance if a Christian man stares at the cleavage of a woman on a bus for more than 2 seconds he will flatter himself by believing that god has acknowledged something so trivial and that God really cares about it.
simon265

Postby simon265 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:00 pm

Anyone else from england got an opinion

None of the hippee answers like the ones already in
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:11 pm

simon265 wrote:Anyone else from england got an opinion

:cartmanlaugh: :cartmanlaugh: :cartmanlaugh:
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:51 pm

hippee? you mean hippie?

huh, i seemed to have misspelled duologue.

How exactly was my answer a hippie answer? I do believe in God
simon265

Postby simon265 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:58 pm

plk12345 wrote:

hippee? you mean hippie?

huh, i seemed to have misspelled duologue.

How exactly was my answer a hippie answer? I do believe in God
sory yo anser was resonable
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:12 pm

I believe in many gods..But I don't believe in organized religion.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:07 pm

Until concrete proof exists that there really is a one true faith above all other organized religions, I have no reason why I should ever follow any religious group. As for personal beliefs, I view them as junk conjured up in one's head for various reasons, like to comfort one's mind over some fear or to even amuse.

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:49 pm

A proud and happy Catholic; the person who said most wars were caused by religion needs to actually examine the history of the freakin' planet. The majority of wars in which religion is believed to have been the 'main' factor were really driven by other factors, religion used as a unifying principle in order to rally support. If not religion, other things would have been used. In further discourse, distinguish between wars that are actually caused by religion and ones in which religion was invoked.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:51 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:A proud and happy Catholic; the person who said most wars were caused by religion needs to actually examine the history of the freakin' planet. The majority of wars in which religion is believed to have been the 'main' factor were really driven by other factors, religion used as a unifying principle in order to rally support. If not religion, other things would have been used. In further discourse, distinguish between wars that are actually caused by religion and ones in which religion was invoked.

absolutely correct, even though from what i know, the position you take on various political issues are contrary to your gods teaching, especially if you are a roman catholic

the crusades is a perfect example of the kind of war you spoke of

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”