Is is right to insult a person's spouse in a flame war?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:50 am

Rape is a little more extreme than insults over the internet. People who hurl insults aren't really hurting anyone and so we can't really do anything about it. Rapists actually cause harm onto other people and so they must be punished. Big difference there.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:51 am

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:Again, could someone show me where I said this was comparable to rape? I said that I hope that the people who are blaming the victim aren't in a rape case.

I am not blaming you..I am not blaming anyone.I do think this is a matter you and Nommel need to settle alone. I can't speak for everyone else, but maybe they feel that way. Maybe you and Nommel need a thread were you can just insult eachother back and forth for awhile, and the rest of us can watch.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:51 am

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:Again, could someone show me where I said this was comparable to rape? I said that I hope that the people who are blaming the victim aren't in a rape case.

Mind thinking about what you just said there for a minute?

Also, quit talking about how much of a victim you are. You're the one throwing yourself into the situation to get flamed. If you didn't turn everything into a personal attack, none of this would've happened. It's almost like you WANT this. ..Maybe I should shut up, then..
Last edited by MaxwellsSilverHammer on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:52 am

Well mewster has suffered lots of INTRAWEB DAMAGE.

And dude, don't ask us to point us what YOU POSTED, just read over your last post.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:55 am

I've kind of died off posting here, but I was pointed to this.

Wow. Just WOW. First off, carrying on the flamewar on either side isn't really helping the matter.

Secondly, comparing an internet flamewar to something as serious as a rape case: I'm sorry, but no. The reason why people get away with insults on the internet is because of the 'anonymous' nature that gives them the impression of freedom to let loose and in cases, be total asshats. Case in point, this flamewar :P

Not saying it's right, but that's the way things go. I've learned that enough through the time I was here, and other places. Drama never goes away entirely. After all, the internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS, isn't it?

Who says that we'd let people get away with rape or murder? That's a DIFFERENT matter than an internet war.

Honestly, regardless of WHO started what, it's become quite like an immature "'You're a poopyhead! Your mom!" type of fest, from the tone.

On the other hand, I'm kind of morbidly curious to see how this thing goes. Looks like a vet reunion indeed ("FIGHTING IN A LEGENDARY INTERNET WAR!")
Last edited by Cerisa_Roz on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
tweekslady

Postby tweekslady » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:56 am

Im surprised he hasn't ran away yet. When he is so OBVIOUSLY being an idiot.
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:57 am

He keeps a comin' back for more. :D
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
tweekslady

Postby tweekslady » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:58 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:I've kind of died off posting here, but I was pointed to this.

Wow. Just WOW. First off, carrying on the flamewar on either side isn't really helping the matter.

Secondly, comparing an internet flamewar to something as serious as a rape case: I'm sorry, but no. The reason why people get away with insults on the internet is because of the 'anonymous' nature that gives them the impression of freedom to let loose and in cases, be total asshats. Case in point, this flamewar :P

Not saying it's right, but that's the way things go. I've learned that enough through the time I was here, and other places. Drama never goes away entirely. After all, the internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS, isn't it?

Who says that we'd let people get away with rape or murder? That's a DIFFERENT matter than an internet war.

Honestly, regardless of WHO started what, it's become quite like an immature "'You're a poopyhead! Your mom!" type of fest, from the tone.

On the other hand, I'm kind of morbidly curious to see how this thing goes. Looks like a vet reunion indeed

We'll you have to see how this ends! =)
Last edited by tweekslady on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:58 am

That’s ok Cerisa. I’ve gotten incredibly lazy on this site to. But this is amusing, so...yeah. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:58 am

He's probably off crying to his wife about the mean people on the internet now.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:58 am

It's 'cause he likes it. :P
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:59 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:
Schantrac wrote:And a damn good one at that. ;)

Yeah, he has violated this board many, many times.

And that has just removed any goodwill he built up with his fanfics. Wave goodbye to them.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:59 am

Anyway, to the question at hand, I'd have to say no.

Maybe we should get Nommel and CTE in the Octagon to battle it out IFL style.
tweekslady

Postby tweekslady » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:00 am

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:He's probably off crying to his wife about the mean people on the internet now.

If he HAS a wife. And if he is even old enough to. This IS the internet after all.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:00 am

Soon she will make him change his name to something even more silly.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”