New Fanfic Discussion Thread

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

Guess_Who_I_Am_Not
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:47 am

Edduyasha wrote:
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:
tweekedkenny wrote:I hope that I can finish my newest fic. I think I can, as the theme really interests me.


Oooh, what's it about? I love reading new, original stuff...

Fanfiction.net's being a b*tch today, their system maintenence has been going all day...


Fanfiction.net is a piece of crap. Use FOS-FF.net. It's a million times better.


Really...could you tell me a bit more? I am a bit lost with this kind of stuff...


http://fos-ff.net/viewuser.php?uid=3602

^My FOSFF

No fascist moderators, no stupid senseless rules, and best of all, no flash ads.
gtaca2005
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:05 pm

LA_KING is trying to take credit for an official fan-fic discussion thread, just because it has "official" in the name.

I can't stand for that, this thread came first. So I'm just posting to boot it up past his imposter thread. :wink:

And coffeeguy9, I know you said don't bump up "your own" threads, but this isn't mine, and I feel it's rightful place is above the imposter thread. Sorry if I'm wrong, but thats just my opinnion. :)
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:49 pm

He copies threads from people all the time. :lol:
cheesypoofs857
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:07 pm

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:55 pm

I STILL don't get why... you know what, nevermind.

Apparently, SuperMaids likes my fics, so I might as well POAST MOAR PHIKS for him/her/it.
Image
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
gtaca2005
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:51 pm

I don't really like to put peoples fan-fics down, because I know I couldn't do any better. So I just read them and think to myself, "How creative."

Any way, WTF is up with LA_KING man!
Look at this crap! Hey LA, we get your point. And I don't think giving links to divert people to other boards to post their fan-fics is a good idea. I'm posting this in this thread because it IS about the state of our fan-fics section. Pointless crap.

Image
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:52 pm

He's been making weird threads at the SPFF board too, about that stupid rating system. We're about ready to kick him off by now. =\
albino.black.sheep wrote:My cat ran away with an extra strong mint on his head.

xx_emuteeth_xx wrote:shut up douche im not retaded
Schantrac
Posts: 2480
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:33 pm

Postby Schantrac » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:06 pm

Talk about spam. D:
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
Edduyasha
Posts: 2709
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Postby Edduyasha » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:56 pm

[quote="gtaca2005":06779]I don't really like to put peoples fan-fics down, because I know I couldn't do any better. So I just read them and think to myself, "How creative."

Any way, WTF is up with LA_KING man!
Look at this crap! Hey LA, we get your point. And I don't think giving links to divert people to other boards to post their fan-fics is a good idea. I'm posting this in this thread because it IS about the state of our fan-fics section. Pointless crap.

[img:06779]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/9114/untitleduq2.jpg[/img:06779][/quote:06779]

Yay for screenshots...

Anyhow, I digress. There are tons of good fanfics out there, and I'm not to argue. I just want to do something that I'm intrested in rather than to follow the crowd...hence the band/clique undertones in my fic rather than the run-of-the-mill slash (link in my signature)...

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...


- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
gtaca2005
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:46 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Edduyasha, I'm not saying any fan-fics are crap. I was reffering to LA_KING's stupid adult fanfic links, and his stupid rating system. I don't talk bad on anyone's fan-fics, because I couldn't do any better. :wink:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha
Posts: 2709
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Postby Edduyasha » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:48 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Edduyasha, I'm not saying any fan-fics are crap. I was reffering to LA_KING's stupid adult fanfic links, and his stupid rating system. I don't talk bad on anyone's fan-fics, because I couldn't do any better. :wink:


True, but I didn't mean it that way...usually, I keep my mouth shut because there are way better fics than mine out there...but yeah...my bad for the misunderstanding.

...Back to summarizing Chapter 41 of "The Count of Monte Cristo" for me...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...


- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Cerisa_Roz
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 1:29 am

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:43 pm

Ooh, a new discussion thread...

Well, let's see. Rather than a recommendation of what you should read, I'll give you a fic to stay away from: "Bruises" by Brownsugar.

A 22-chapter epic of Stan being molested, tormented, and abused by evil psychotic homophobic wench!Wendy, who also winds up being a serial killer. The writing and grammar are rather poor, but when you're a noob-type fangirl, that doesn't matter, as long as "OMG EVIL HO" Wendy is torn down because you love poor emo Stan so much.

Stan's so emo in it, too. If Shinji Ikari came across Stan in this...he'd kill himself :P After whining and being emo about how he can't handle the 'emo'. Or would he be too emo for that? Eh.

We also get Randy Marsh as an abuser, too. Cartman is conspicuously absent in this, as BS seeks to tear down characters for the sole purpose of hating them and appeasing her legion of (mostly) grammatically-challenged fangirls. Just look at most of the reviews for it >_<

The story is defended because it's fanfiction, yet of course, these people probably wouldn't defend such other stories.

I once tore apart a story of hers back in '03 via a review, mostly with constructive criticism about how the grammar and characterization was just...BAD. I got attacked by her fangirls.

When I once vented about her somewhere else, I got told to "STFU ABOUT BROWNSUGAR, SHE'S A GREAT WRITER! AND WENDY SUCKS!".

BS's fics, aside from Bruises, are all the same soap opera formula and Sue-filled. And full of character butchery, mostly with Wendy and Rebecca. Yes, Rebecca. Who's now an evil slut and hate-filled. The other characters are dumbed down in other ways.

The formula is washed, rinsed, and repeated through each fic. And I hear Bruises is getting a sequel, apparently @_@
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:51 pm

LMAO anyone with half a brain would want to vomit after reading her fics. I especially loved her attempt at a kiss scene in "Token's First Love":

Brownsugar wrote:Token: I was wondering if I could give you a kiss?

Lexie: Ok.

He kisses her on the lips.

Lexie: WOW! I’ve never been kissed before and WOW! Could you do it again? But do it longer like they do in the movies?

Token: Sure.

He does that.

Janae: I can’t take anymore of this.

She walks over to them.

Janae: TOKEN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Token: Hey Janae.

Janae: I asked a question.

Token: We were just kissing.

Janae: Why?

Token: We’re a couple now.

Him and Lexie hold hands.


I think she based most of her stuff on SOAP OPERAS.

SOAP OPERAS.

Mehehehehe.

If anyone would like to read all 40-whatever of her stories that she wrote BEFORE Bruises, here you go:

http://fos-ff.net/viewuser.php?uid=993

Be warned: She is a horrible writer.

That said, Bruises is a piece of crap too. It's horribly out of character, poorly written, and overrated. BrownSugar is one of the worst authors I've ever seen. =\
albino.black.sheep wrote:My cat ran away with an extra strong mint on his head.

xx_emuteeth_xx wrote:shut up douche im not retaded
LA_KING_91
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:36 pm

Postby LA_KING_91 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:05 pm

Guess_Who_I_Am_Not wrote:LMAO anyone with half a brain would want to vomit after reading her fics. I especially loved her attempt at a kiss scene in "Token's First Love":

Brownsugar wrote:Token: I was wondering if I could give you a kiss?

Lexie: Ok.

He kisses her on the lips.

Lexie: WOW! I’ve never been kissed before and WOW! Could you do it again? But do it longer like they do in the movies?

Token: Sure.

He does that.

Janae: I can’t take anymore of this.

She walks over to them.

Janae: TOKEN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Token: Hey Janae.

Janae: I asked a question.

Token: We were just kissing.

Janae: Why?

Token: We’re a couple now.

Him and Lexie hold hands.


I think she based most of her stuff on SOAP OPERAS.

SOAP OPERAS.

Mehehehehe.

If anyone would like to read all 40-whatever of her stories that she wrote BEFORE Bruises, here you go:

http://fos-ff.net/viewuser.php?uid=993

Be warned: She is a horrible writer.

That said, Bruises is a piece of crap too. It's horribly out of character, poorly written, and overrated. BrownSugar is one of the worst authors I've ever seen. =\



Soap-Opreas. Only girls and homosexuals like "soap opreas".
Edduyasha
Posts: 2709
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Guess_Who_I_Am_Not wrote:LMAO anyone with half a brain would want to vomit after reading her fics. I especially loved her attempt at a kiss scene in "Token's First Love":

Brownsugar wrote:Token: I was wondering if I could give you a kiss?

Lexie: Ok.

He kisses her on the lips.

Lexie: WOW! I’ve never been kissed before and WOW! Could you do it again? But do it longer like they do in the movies?

Token: Sure.

He does that.

Janae: I can’t take anymore of this.

She walks over to them.

Janae: TOKEN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Token: Hey Janae.

Janae: I asked a question.

Token: We were just kissing.

Janae: Why?

Token: We’re a couple now.

Him and Lexie hold hands.


I think she based most of her stuff on SOAP OPERAS.

SOAP OPERAS.

Mehehehehe.

If anyone would like to read all 40-whatever of her stories that she wrote BEFORE Bruises, here you go:

http://fos-ff.net/viewuser.php?uid=993

Be warned: She is a horrible writer.

That said, Bruises is a piece of crap too. It's horribly out of character, poorly written, and overrated. BrownSugar is one of the worst authors I've ever seen. =\


Dang...that fails as it's based on typical soap operas... I've seen better stuff on American TV (and I hate most of it anyways, the Canadian-Chinese stuff we get is so much better and deeper...and more dramatic and stuff...)

What an epic failure to the world of fanfics...

:o
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...


- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
LA_KING_91
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:36 pm

Postby LA_KING_91 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:44 pm

thread is seized by ICE.

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests