The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:09 am

Edduyasha wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:School work in general sucks. :lol:

Yeah, except Art/Computer Graphics classwork...

I'm taking computer animation, but all we do now is the basics and type out worksheets, even though I know all that already, but the teacher wont let me go ahead of the class. :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:25 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:School work in general sucks. :lol:

Yeah, except Art/Computer Graphics classwork...

I'm taking computer animation, but all we do now is the basics and type out worksheets, even though I know all that already, but the teacher wont let me go ahead of the class. :lol:

What software do you use? We're doing Flash this year, but I only know how to work the frames. My little brother knows all this fancy coding (which is sad, I'm the "artist" of the family, too)...

I think I might go into Illustration/Graphic Design rather than Animation, but anything is possible.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:46 am

I'm taking computer animation, but all we do now is the basics and type out worksheets, even though I know all that already, but the teacher wont let me go ahead of the class.

You poor bastard! I've had teachers like that In the past so I truely feel your pain; If they don't want their kid's to learn what they teach, why don't they just get a job that doesn't involve other people?
Thankfully my computer graphics (stills not animations) teacher last year was the best teacher a super genious like me could hope to have, giving anyone who wanted it 'special tuition' after school (even coming round student's houses to teach them extra/ play some Halo/ have some haribo), as well as 'special' copies of the whole damn Macromidia suite.
Special in that we didn't have to pay a penny for them :D
What software do you use? We're doing Flash this year, but I only know how to work the frames. My little brother knows all this fancy coding (which is sad, I'm the "artist" of the family, too)...

Have any of you ever used Fireworks? It's got to be the best drawing tool on the planet, even I can use it and I can't even draw stick men. Good for importing images into Flash with as well since they're made by the same company.
PS. I hate your little brother so much! I spent the whole of my last summer holidays trying to make a game of Frogger in Flash and still havn't got it going propperly :evil:
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:50 am

SuperMaids wrote:Have any of you ever used Fireworks? It's got to be the best drawing tool on the planet, even I can use it and I can't even draw stick men. Good for importing images into Flash with as well since they're made by the same company.
PS. I hate your little brother so much! I spent the whole of my last summer holidays trying to make a game of Frogger in Flash and still havn't got it going propperly :evil:

I have never used it, but I do have it installed on my PC.
Is it really worth it, or should I just stick with Photo Shop?
I can't belive I have it and never used it. :lol:

We use Flash. I still suck at making good animations though. :lol:
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:58 am

SuperMaids wrote:
I'm taking computer animation, but all we do now is the basics and type out worksheets, even though I know all that already, but the teacher wont let me go ahead of the class.

You poor bastard! I've had teachers like that In the past so I truely feel your pain; If they don't want their kid's to learn what they teach, why don't they just get a job that doesn't involve other people?
Thankfully my computer graphics (stills not animations) teacher last year was the best teacher a super genious like me could hope to have, giving anyone who wanted it 'special tuition' after school (even coming round student's houses to teach them extra/ play some Halo/ have some haribo), as well as 'special' copies of the whole damn Macromidia suite.
Special in that we didn't have to pay a penny for them :D

Have any of you ever used Fireworks? It's got to be the best drawing tool on the planet, even I can use it and I can't even draw stick men. Good for importing images into Flash with as well since they're made by the same company.

Aye, he's better with all the special effects and background animation, so I'm trying to make him help me make a South Park short...and I do the characters, because he can't draw for s*it...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:59 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
SuperMaids wrote:Have any of you ever used Fireworks? It's got to be the best drawing tool on the planet, even I can use it and I can't even draw stick men. Good for importing images into Flash with as well since they're made by the same company.

I have never used it, but I do have it installed on my PC.
Is it really worth it, or should I just stick with Photo Shop?
I can't belive I have it and never used it. :lol:

We use Flash. I still suck at making good animations though. :lol:

It's the same with me, I have no clue what Fireworks is for. I stick to Photoshop and my Wacom tablet (because I'm so used to drawing everything by hand (pen/pencil). I ought to work on my vector art, though...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:09 am

and my Wacom tablet (because I'm so used to drawing everything by hand (pen/pencil).

So is a Wacom tablet like a usb device or a whole PC thingy?

Because if it's a pad that can plug into a PC and then be used like paper, I want one! :P
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:32 am

It's the same with me, I have no clue what Fireworks is for. I stick to Photoshop and my Wacom tablet (because I'm so used to drawing everything by hand (pen/pencil). I ought to work on my vector art, though...

I might sound like an advert bot here, but for all your vector based needs Fireworks is king. You can flip, resize, re-angle, and curve like you've never curved a line before with that thing.
It's still a bitch to bitmap with though, especially if you don't have a fancy USB tablet thingy to play with :evil:
But seriously, you need to try some of the 'special effects' and the layering on Fireworks, it's easer than breathing to pull off all manner of pretty effects. Figuring out when to use them's the hard part, but it's quick to learn and easy to master.
jaydawGtwo04

Postby jaydawGtwo04 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:58 am

Edduyasha wrote:
Blue Twilight wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:I'm cooking a steak coverd in garlic salt. This may sound stupid, but when I'm done with it, I'll PROBABLY post a picture of this fine peace of cow. :lol:

DON'T YOU DARE. You're going to make me blow chunks all over my laptop.

Edduyasha wrote:Y'know, I was trying to be vegetarian earlier this summer, but my parents forced me to eat meat, and my mom refused to cook only rice and vegetables... Needless to say, I'm back to eating my ham and pork chops.

Yes, please rewatch "Fun With Veal."

I'm a strict vegetarian (been one for... wow, eight years), and I plan on going vegan again when I go back to university. One thing you should know about me is that I'd never join PETA. Watch "Douche and Turd" to find out why. Exaggerated, yes, but you still have to respect human rights and not force them to believe one way or another. I'm not going to force people to change their beliefs.

That's not to say we vegetarians/vegans/animal-rights supporters shouldn't go ignored. I absolutely *hated* the fact that in high-school Anatomy class we were required to dissect rats and sheep brains with no alternative option. I'm highly against dissection (for obvious reasons), whilst my Anatomy teacher was a right-wing extremist and a hunter. Go figure. :/

(I remember he once chewed me out for being a far-left-winger once. He said something like "All you liberals are easily-offended nutjobs who like to blow taxpayers' money on useless government programs" or something along those lines. XD)

XD and OH! My best friend from university (who I'm going to be roommates with this fall) and I just went shopping for new room decor. We're going to give our dorm a jungle theme, complete with faux vines hanging down from the windows and real tropical fish. 8D I'll definitely post a picture once we get everything set up.

Meh...what can I say? Personally, I was trying to become vegetarian for health reasons, but appearently, my parents don't support that. What's wrong with me trying to lose the tons of fat I have already? (don't even get me started on "You're skinny"...my clothes just hide my belly fat...but all of my family say I'm fat, so I am a bit confused myself...)

Anyways, concerning vegetarians/PETA, I'm kinda neutral. I understand what the vegetarians feel in terms of ethical reasons about eating meat (and I kinda agree with them myself), but PETA seems to take things way too far. It's fine to protest eating meat or doing something, but it's not okay to ban this or that just because you yourself don't support it...

Well...that's how I stand with all this...I'm not the type to get political. Everyone thinks I'm Anarchist (I consider myself slightly activist/psuedo-Anarchist, but not to an insane extent to go blow stuff up or whatever to get my point across), but I'm not...(at least I don't think I am)... Point being, politics is a very touchy and strange thing to discuss around me, as I have very strong opinions on everything...

I wish was vegetarian....I see some of the videos on Youtube and it pisses me off how good it tastes, like Rise Against's video for "Ready To Fall" Uncut....it was the most disguisting thing I have seen, and I wish I didn't eat meat, but if I didn't eat meat, I'd starve, cause I'm picky and I don't like many vegetables....so I'm kind of screwed there. But I'm never going to hunt or fish cause I don't think we have any right to take the life away from anything. No matter how useless or small or tasty it is. Just because they can't talk means we can kill them, and eat them. Also, unlike every other kid, I don't support finding cures for cancer, or any other disease, cause of animal testing. It's gross, and no animal deserves it. Why don't they just use one of the selfish scientists doing it and see how they like it. I don't know, that's just what I think...
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:02 am

jaydawGtwo04 wrote:I'm picky and I don't like many vegetables....so I'm kind of screwed there. But I'm never going to hunt or fish cause I don't think we have any right to take the life away from anything. No matter how useless or small or tasty it is. Just because they can't talk means we can kill them, and eat them. Also, unlike every other kid, I don't support finding cures for cancer, or any other disease, cause of animal testing. It's gross, and no animal deserves it. Why don't they just use one of the selfish scientists doing it and see how they like it. I don't know, that's just what I think...

I think we were seperated at birth! :lol:
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:14 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
and my Wacom tablet (because I'm so used to drawing everything by hand (pen/pencil).

So is a Wacom tablet like a usb device or a whole PC thingy?

Because if it's a pad that can plug into a PC and then be used like paper, I want one! :P

It's a tablet that plugs into the PC via USB port. I couldn't do without one, I can't draw jack s*it with a mouse, since I grew up drawing everything on paper. A Wacom tablet is just like pen and paper, only you have to get used to watching the cursor on the screen rather than down on the drawing surface.

I have a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet, 6x8 inches. It ran for quite a bit of money, but I got it for pretty cheap online at a student-discount website and it came with Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 and Corel Painter Essentials 3 (though I prefer CS2). I think it was worth every cent, though.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:18 am

jaydawGtwo04 wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:
Blue Twilight wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:I'm cooking a steak coverd in garlic salt. This may sound stupid, but when I'm done with it, I'll PROBABLY post a picture of this fine peace of cow. :lol:

DON'T YOU DARE. You're going to make me blow chunks all over my laptop.

Edduyasha wrote:Y'know, I was trying to be vegetarian earlier this summer, but my parents forced me to eat meat, and my mom refused to cook only rice and vegetables... Needless to say, I'm back to eating my ham and pork chops.

Yes, please rewatch "Fun With Veal."

I'm a strict vegetarian (been one for... wow, eight years), and I plan on going vegan again when I go back to university. One thing you should know about me is that I'd never join PETA. Watch "Douche and Turd" to find out why. Exaggerated, yes, but you still have to respect human rights and not force them to believe one way or another. I'm not going to force people to change their beliefs.

That's not to say we vegetarians/vegans/animal-rights supporters shouldn't go ignored. I absolutely *hated* the fact that in high-school Anatomy class we were required to dissect rats and sheep brains with no alternative option. I'm highly against dissection (for obvious reasons), whilst my Anatomy teacher was a right-wing extremist and a hunter. Go figure. :/

(I remember he once chewed me out for being a far-left-winger once. He said something like "All you liberals are easily-offended nutjobs who like to blow taxpayers' money on useless government programs" or something along those lines. XD)

XD and OH! My best friend from university (who I'm going to be roommates with this fall) and I just went shopping for new room decor. We're going to give our dorm a jungle theme, complete with faux vines hanging down from the windows and real tropical fish. 8D I'll definitely post a picture once we get everything set up.

Meh...what can I say? Personally, I was trying to become vegetarian for health reasons, but appearently, my parents don't support that. What's wrong with me trying to lose the tons of fat I have already? (don't even get me started on "You're skinny"...my clothes just hide my belly fat...but all of my family say I'm fat, so I am a bit confused myself...)

Anyways, concerning vegetarians/PETA, I'm kinda neutral. I understand what the vegetarians feel in terms of ethical reasons about eating meat (and I kinda agree with them myself), but PETA seems to take things way too far. It's fine to protest eating meat or doing something, but it's not okay to ban this or that just because you yourself don't support it...

Well...that's how I stand with all this...I'm not the type to get political. Everyone thinks I'm Anarchist (I consider myself slightly activist/psuedo-Anarchist, but not to an insane extent to go blow stuff up or whatever to get my point across), but I'm not...(at least I don't think I am)... Point being, politics is a very touchy and strange thing to discuss around me, as I have very strong opinions on everything...

I wish was vegetarian....I see some of the videos on Youtube and it pisses me off how good it tastes, like Rise Against's video for "Ready To Fall" Uncut....it was the most disguisting thing I have seen, and I wish I didn't eat meat, but if I didn't eat meat, I'd starve, cause I'm picky and I don't like many vegetables....so I'm kind of screwed there. But I'm never going to hunt or fish cause I don't think we have any right to take the life away from anything. No matter how useless or small or tasty it is. Just because they can't talk means we can kill them, and eat them. Also, unlike every other kid, I don't support finding cures for cancer, or any other disease, cause of animal testing. It's gross, and no animal deserves it. Why don't they just use one of the selfish scientists doing it and see how they like it. I don't know, that's just what I think...

True...I fish only to eat... I only consume the animals I catch, not let them go to waste and die... I don't hunt, and I don't plan to. Shooting deer and other animals is kinda pointless, unless they are a dangerous threat to me or my property. If I were to hunt, I'd shoot the idiot neighbors who keep f*cking up my house and yard and pissing me off...but then, I wouldn't eat their filthy bodies.

I don't have as much as a problem with becoming vegetarian... I was pretty much raised on Asian vegetables and fish, so as soon as I get out of my house and go to college, I'm gonna try to live on fish, fruit, bread, and vegetables. Too bad seafood is so damn expensive these days...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:23 am

Halt den Mund, Schlampe! ^

Sorry, but I forgot to take my 'happy pills'. Expect results.

EDIT: 800 POSTS! WHOOO!!!
Last edited by cheesypoofs857 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:25 am

Isn't tofu just soy bean with the juices of meat?

If it is, then why be vegiterian anyway? An animal still died to make it.

And if it isn't made with the juices of the meat, then I don't know sh*t and should keep quite. :lol:
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:47 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Isn't tofu just soy bean with the juices of meat?

If it is, then why be vegiterian anyway? An animal still died to make it.

And if it isn't made with the juices of the meat, then I don't know sh*t and should keep quite. :lol:

I think tofu is soybeans that's been mushed up and watered up, that's all...but I'm not sure. I know when you make fresh soybean milk, you end up with some mashed-potato-like mush (looks and feels just like it, too) at the end (and you could probably fool someone into thinking it was mashed-potato if you put a bit of salt in it). I can check the next time I have tofu in the fridge...

Edit: Tofu is a product of making soy milk, it's the congealed bean curd that comes out of it (the mushy mashed-potato-like stuff I mentioned before, but with some coagulant in it). Here's a link to more information on tofu.

P.S. I love boiled tofu with soybeans and scallions. It's soo good...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Return to “Hot Topics”