Family Guy: Star Wars - Empire striking back?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

germanguy

Family Guy: Star Wars - Empire striking back?

Postby germanguy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:20 am

Yes: Well, we all kind of hate it...

But this one was different. I just watched it at youtube here in Germany - and I have to admit it was the greatest animated show I have ever seen.

Don't get me wrong: I have ALL SP Episodes on my Apple - I have seen every single Ep about 20 times now.

World of warcraft was a masterpiece.
Fun with weapons, Osama Bin Laden etc. FAR beyond everything Family Guy did until yesterday.

But that show was hilarious, great, fantastic (I hope that I won't get banned for saying that...).

1. The used the original musicscore
2. They did it with respect to ALL scenes!
3. They had EVERY SINGLE detail in it - every SOUND was at the point - every character was 100% accurate
4. They did it with love - you could virtually feel it.

I don't know - perhaps, because I have seen Episode IV-VI over 500 times in the past 20 years now - but that was a 20-year-TV-highlight for me.

Perhaps the best Star Wars parody since Chad Vader.

Comments?

[/quote]
Last edited by germanguy on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Meine Damen und Herren,
das Gebäude ist umstellt!
Kommen Sie mit erhobenen
Händen heraus!"
germanguy

Postby germanguy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:44 am

So - now that I have seen that, too:

Robot Chicken WAS better.
"Meine Damen und Herren,
Kommen Sie mit erhobenen
Händen heraus!"
candies

Re: Family Guy: Star Wars - Empire striking back?

Postby candies » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:40 am

germanguy wrote:Yes: Well, we all kind of hate it...

But this one was different. I just watched it at youtube here in Germany - and I have to admit it was the greatest animated show I have ever seen.

Don't get me wrong: I have ALL SP Episodes on my Apple - I have seen every single Ep about 20 times now.

World of warcraft was a masterpiece.
Fun with weapons, Osama Bin Laden etc. FAR beyond everything Family Guy did until yesterday.

But that show was hilarios, great, fantastic (I hope that I won't get banned for saying that...).

1. The used the original musicscore
2. They did it with respect to ALL scenes!
3. They had EVERY SINGLE detail in it - every SOUND was at the point - every character was 100% accurate
4. They did it with love - you could virtually feel it.

I don't know - perhaps, because I have seen Episode IV-VI over 500 times in the past 20 years now - but that was a 20-year-TV-highlight for me.

Perhaps the best Star Wars parody since Chad Vader.

Comments?

[/quote] Family Guy do a parody of Star Wars? I couldn't imagined they started to do some movies parodies on Star Wars and I believe that Robot Chicken already done that before...Or something stupid like that. Good for Family Guy ( To fans who loved that show).
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:24 am

I watched the Family Guy Star Wars episode last night..Loved it, since I am a fan of Family Guy and an even bigger fan of the original Star Wars trilogy..If they made their version of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, damn right I would watch them.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:46 am

I havent seen it yet, but I saw the robot chicken and loved that
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:56 am

I saw parts of the FG version. I liked Robot Chicken's better, even though most of it had been seen before.
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:00 am

I'm just surprised that they could make a full FG episode without a flashback. Maybe that's why I really enjoyed the episode.
candies

Postby candies » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:28 pm

tweekedkenny wrote:I'm just surprised that they could make a full FG episode without a flashback. Maybe that's why I really enjoyed the episode.
No flashbacks? Wow I'm am so shocked that Family Guy episode doesn't have any flashbacks for once....Or probably the writters are tired of making them.

triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:58 pm

tweekedkenny wrote:I'm just surprised that they could make a full FG episode without a flashback.

They've done it before. The Griffin Family History.

The Star Wars episode was awesome. Hearing the original music was great (one of the advantages of being on FOX; that didn't cost 'em a thing). It was the most visually stunning episode ever. Nothing they've done before even comes close.

I just got a kick out of Peter wanting to take that couch with him. A classic FG style joke woven into "the greatest story ever told".
Anyone else see Roger in the Mos Isley bar scene?

Then at the end with Peter & Chris arguing about Robot Chicken; that was just great. Especially considering the amount of voices Seth MacFarlane has done on Seth Green's other show.

Speaking of FOX Sunday, I'd like to give my applause for Stephen Colbert's guest voice.

You read it! You can't unread it!
candies

Postby candies » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:06 pm

God, It's seems all cartoons make a paordy of Star Wars.

marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:24 pm

I've already seen the Robot Chicken parody, and that goes a long way. I wasn't interested in Family Guy's... I didn't watch and probably won't.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:03 pm

It was a great episode, but clearly not as great as Robot Chicken's take on Star Wars (Seth and Mike even got Lucas to do a voice on theirs!). I did like the reference to Robot Chicken's version. It was classic Family Guy, and ironic since Seth Green is one of the creators of RC. Wish Meg got a better role in FG's version though.
germanguy

Postby germanguy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:59 pm

Well, it would be kind of a joke if SP would open with a Star Wars special - just for the records and the fun.

What about a Terrence and Phillip Star Wars special?

Could it get any worse?
"Meine Damen und Herren,
Kommen Sie mit erhobenen
Händen heraus!"
candies

Postby candies » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:18 am

marvel_freak_42 wrote:I've already seen the Robot Chicken parody, and that goes a long way. I wasn't interested in Family Guy's... I didn't watch and probably won't.
Hmm.....Everyone says Robot Chicken' parody were better than Family Guy's I wouldn't agree both shows at all because I can't watch Family Guy anymore and I never saw that Robot Chicken StarWars parody ( May watched it) so I have to search the episode of Robot Chicken.....Somewhere.

Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:42 am

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of that magnitude!
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”